Sequel(s)?

The Gap Into Online Internet Conversation

Moderators: Cord Hurn, Cagliostro

Would you be interested in a sequel or sequels?

yes
47%
no
25%
maybe
28%

Total votes: 36

neuroticboy
Servant of the Land

yeah, well

Post by neuroticboy »

so i'm easy, what's it to ya?
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

I agree with Jay that this is one of the most "perfect" series ever. Don't touch it, Donaldson!

I would like to see Donaldson do something completely new. Maybe some Stephen King-style horror. The Gap series shows that he can write gruesome, suspense stuff very well. I don't think supernatural element would be much of a stretch, given his fantasy background. Something that would combine the gritty realism of the Gap with the fantasy-supernatural of Covenant would be really cool. Horror is the next, logical step.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Sequels are hard to do right.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Someone's trying to reach 1,000 posts. ;)
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

That, and check the Album watch history.

I took controll there for a while!
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dear god, Orangeman is back! ;) :lol:
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Heh. :biggrin: :lol: I've wanted to do that since I got here.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

So did Revan ;)
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

8O Where IS Revan?

.......am I going to get black bagged?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Just playing around. No worries, Balon.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Thanks for thoroughly freaking me out. What're friends for right? :roll:

:biggrin:
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Balon wrote:Thanks for thoroughly freaking me out. What're friends for right? :roll:

:biggrin:
By the way, if you get banned, can I have your ranyhyn? :biggrin: ;)
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Palin!?

NEVER!

But since you asked so nicely, if he agrees to it. Though your name wouldn't ryme as good as mine...... :D

When's the committee hearing for the 10,000 post of Guess the Next?
Warden
Stonedownor

Post by Warden »

"Would I be interested in a sequel/s?" - well of course I would.

"Should there be a sequel/s?" - probably not. The story feels complete to me. Sure there are a few threads that could be followed further but what story leaves you feeling that every thread has been concluded to your satisfaction (short of ".....and the universe died")
When you can't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

Warden wrote:".....and the universe died")
That's the last line of Against All Things Ending :)
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Relayer wrote:
Warden wrote:".....and the universe died")
That's the last line of Against All Things Ending :)
So what happens in the final book? :lol:
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

8O OW! 8O :P
Spoiler
So what would the name of the sixth book be? This Day All Gods Got Better? :wink:
fall far and well Pilots!
ItisWritten
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by ItisWritten »

Interested in a sequel? Oh yeah. The thing is, SRD must have a logical progression to What Has Gone Before, so until it comes to him, and he feels like it, it ain't happening. Certainly not until a year or so after he finishes the Last Chronicles, and maybe even after the next Man Who book.

Which is why my little epiphany about the Amnion, Holt and Angus will just have to wait 6-8 years. Sending it to him in the GI now would just annoy him.
Frank The Rabbit
Servant of the Land

Post by Frank The Rabbit »

There are SO MANY opportunities for unrelated "tangent" stories. I was always curious about the occasionally mentioned Teminus station, along with Aleph Green and the Earth located PolyMed.

A novel detailing Fasner's rise to power and the people he screws (in the metaphorical sense) to get there would be fantastic. I'd love to read about Warden's rise to power also.

There's a definite capacity for more books.
duke
Giantfriend

Post by duke »

Malik23 wrote
I agree with Jay that this is one of the most "perfect" series ever. Don't touch it, Donaldson!

I would like to see Donaldson do something completely new. Maybe some Stephen King-style horror. The Gap series shows that he can write gruesome, suspense stuff very well. I don't think supernatural element would be much of a stretch, given his fantasy background. Something that would combine the gritty realism of the Gap with the fantasy-supernatural of Covenant would be really cool. Horror is the next, logical step.
Totally agree with Malik23. I dont want any further stories about the characters in the Gap novels.

SRD writing a new horror story (novella, novel or series) would be awesome. Either that or a post-apocalyptic story. Would love to get SRD's take on what a post-apocalyptic world and its inhabitants would be like.

Return to “The Gap Series”