13 shows that never should've been cancelled

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Cail
Lord

13 shows that never should've been cancelled

Post by Cail »

www.tubewad.com/13-tv-shows-that-should ... 340-p.html

I pretty much agree with all of these, but I'd add Millennium as well.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

I wish Twin Peaks would have made it for another season.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

That's amazing. I've only ever seen Dead Like Me, which is a GREAT show, and Sports Night. I gotta move out of this swamp.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Waddley
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Waddley »

I miss Millennium :(

Edit: I liked their "review" of Firefly. I have friends who use the name Browncoats at every opportunity.
Last edited by Waddley on Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let my inspiration flow in token rhyme, suggesting rhythm." -Robert Hunter
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Waddley Hasselhoff wrote:I miss Millennium :(
As do I. I used to have my computer set up to say "Soylent Green Is people" when I logged in, as opposed to the normal windows music.

Sigh. Frank, how I miss ya, buddy.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
aTOMiC2
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by aTOMiC2 »

The shows on the list that struck a chord with me were:
The Tick
The Lone Gunmen
Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
Jack of all Trades
Andy Richter
and most of all Firefly
"I think and feel everything aTOMiC does only slower."
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

And on top of being cancelled, it's taken them years to release Dead Like Me season 2 on DVD. Really can't wait until the 16th....
Kinslaughterer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kinslaughterer »

I don't like many tv shows but I went through a brief period where there were several I liked and almost all of them are on this list! Also Veritas which only last maybe 6 episodes. sigh
"We do not follow maps to buried treasure, and remember:X never, ever, marks the spot."
- Professor Henry Jones Jr.

"Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."

https://crowcanyon.org/
support your local archaeologist!
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

I'd have 'Police Squad' on that list, myself.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Nowhere Man & The Phoenix!!!
fall far and well Pilots!
Edinburghemma
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edinburghemma »

Yes Firefly...alas.

Emma goes off to cry.
The reality is in this head. Mine. I'm the projector at the planetarium, all the closed little universe visible in the circle of that stage is coming out of my mouth, eyes, and sometimes other orifices also.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

danlo wrote:Nowhere Man & The Phoenix!!!
Wow, I didn't think anyone remembered The Phoenix! You're talking about that really old sci-fi show with the guy from Wrath of Kahn, right? That show was awesome.

And Nowhere Man kicked butt too.

I'd also add Brimstone. Really excellent show that Fox axed.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

A Gunslinger wrote:
Waddley Hasselhoff wrote:I miss Millennium :(
As do I. I used to have my computer set up to say "Soylent Green Is people" when I logged in, as opposed to the normal windows music.

Sigh. Frank, how I miss ya, buddy.
millenniumdesktop.co.uk/Downloads/sound ... mTheme.wma

Boy, that track takes you back ...

I had that as the Windows Start-up theme. And I had the Ouroboros sceensaver that counted down to the millennium. It went "doom doom", the "millennium drum sound", whenever the screen saver came on. Ah, the heady days of geekdom.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

dANdeLION wrote:I'd have 'Police Squad' on that list, myself.
Second. One of the funniest shows ever! Also second "The Phoenix." Most of the other shows on the list I've never seen, but I've been thinking about watching Arrested Development on DVD.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I have the first season of Millennium on dvd. Simply fantastic!! I remember it getting a bit weird as the seasons moved along. Too many definite answers to things for my tastes? I don't remember too many details, though. Been too long. Still, excellent stuff!
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Kinslaughterer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kinslaughterer »

Millennium was a very creepy show. Had a brief X-Files cross-over called "millenium" of course.
"We do not follow maps to buried treasure, and remember:X never, ever, marks the spot."
- Professor Henry Jones Jr.

"Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."

https://crowcanyon.org/
support your local archaeologist!
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Kinslaughterer wrote:Millennium was a very creepy show. Had a brief X-Files cross-over called "millenium" of course.
What? Really? How did I miss that? Well, I guess I missed a couple here and there. :(
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

It was terrible. There was a crossover done at the millennium aptly titled "Millennium". It featured Frank and Catherine Black, but had very little to do with the show and wrapped up no loose ends.

That said, I don't think there's been a better dramatic show on television than Millennium. Season One is the best, Season Two has a tendency to get bogged down in the weirdness of it's producer (Glen Morgan) and his love affair with his wife, Season Three does the best it can to clean up the mess left after Season Two.
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

Millenium and Nowhere Man....

yep, totally agree. The only shows in recent memory where I had to watch them every week. I don't have any show I do that for any more...
It was terrible. There was a crossover done at the millennium aptly titled "Millennium". It featured Frank and Catherine Black, but had very little to do with the show and wrapped up no loose ends.
And I totally agree with that too, Cail. It blew smelly chunks...
~...with a floating smile and a light blue sponge...~
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Crap, not Catherine Black, Jordan Black, Frank's daughter.

It was a Friday night ritual at my house....X-Files at 8, Millennium at 9, Homicide: Life on the Street (another show that withered and died) at 10.

Return to “TV Shows”