Lankhmar - Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser

Forum-based role-playing games

Moderators: Xar, Goatkiller666

balon!
Lord

Lankhmar - Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser

Post by balon! »

I've been able to dig up precious little on the Lankhmar set for DnD 2nd ED. I hear tell that there is also a new version out for some system called Runequest.

Has anyone played the DnD version, and, is it any good?

Same question for Runequest, but also, what sort of a system is this Runequest thing? D20, D6? What?

If there are enough people, We could play a bastardized version on here, if Watchers were interested...

The Runequest Book
The DnD 2nd ED.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Lankhmar :|

A "friend" sold me the Lankmar campaign book under false pretences when I was 14.

neverlikeditsince!
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Elaborate for me?

Does that me that the friend gave you a fake book? Or you thought it was something else?
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

ahem, thought it was something else, so my fault probably :oops:
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Kinslaughterer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kinslaughterer »

I've only played Lankhmar briefly but I did have all the rpgs at one time. Personally I thought it was quite good. Considering the price, I think you could get most of the AD&D stuff cheaply.
"We do not follow maps to buried treasure, and remember:X never, ever, marks the spot."
- Professor Henry Jones Jr.

"Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."

https://crowcanyon.org/
support your local archaeologist!
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

You can also likely purchase it as a digital download from stores such as rpgnow.com.

As for Runequest, I have the newest edition - it's its own system, not the d20 one. I found it somewhat interesting, but ultimately prohibitive in terms of money - at least if you want to get the setting book too (which is not the same as the rulesbook) and if you don't intend on playing it regularly.

Return to “Gravin Threndor”