Uh...

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

hierachy
Lord

Uh...

Post by hierachy »

OK, so I haven't really been keeping up to date with the last chronicles news except for the FR release date... but since when was one of the books called "Against all Things Ending"? Taht is a really, really lame title.
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

it was a rename. SRD actually liked the change....

from the site:
"The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant," Book Three: new title
My editors and I have agreed on a new title for what I call Covenant 9: "Against All Things Ending". It lacks the thematic "resonance" of my previous title, but I have to admit that I like the way it sounds.

2/26/07
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

According to SRD at E'fest, we're stuck with that title.
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

Bah!
Dawngreeter
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Dawngreeter »

I could care less about the book titles. "Book 9" would suit me fine.
It was the fetid halitus of the most diseased mortality condensed to its essence and elevated to the transcendence of prophecy, promise, suzerain truth—the definitive commandment of darkness.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Of course we'll read the book no matter what title it has, but still, there's something to be said for having a good title.
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Well really..."Lord Foul's Bane' isn't the greatest title in the world.

Although 'The Runes of the Earth' is one of the best titles ever.
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

Haha, "Lord Foul's Bane" made me think it was a childrens book... then I read it.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Well really..."Lord Foul's Bane' isn't the greatest title in the world.
True, very true.
stormrider
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by stormrider »

James wrote:Haha, "Lord Foul's Bane" made me think it was a childrens book... then I read it.
I thought the same thing. My dad gave me that book when I was 11, and I felt insulted that he was giving me a "children's book." I should have known better -- the man who insisted that his 4-year-old child watch Alien, Conan the Barbarian, and The Terminator was not about to hand me a children's book 7 years later.
“...The conversations had a nightmare flatness, talking dice spilled in the tube metal chairs, human aggregates disintegrating in cosmic inanity, random events in a dying universe where everything is exactly what it appears to be and no other relation than juxtaposition is possible.”

“There are two kinds of sufferers in this world: those who suffer from a lack of life, and those who suffer from an overabundance.”

"Meantime we shall express our darker purpose."
Dirty Whirl
Woodhelvennin

Post by Dirty Whirl »

ahh, those year 2 recesses jumping around the playground pretending to spit acid at my friends...
She looked like a crowned vestal, somehow both powerful and fragile, as if she could shatter his bones with a glance and yet would fall from her seat at the touch of a single hurled handful of mud. She daunted him.
- TIW
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Post by emotional leper »

Ditto on Lord Foul's Bane. I was recommended the book by a friend of mine (who apparently lent me his First Edition Copy of it that was nearly in need of a rebind, and I do believe had been repaired atleast once) who, not only is he able to carry on a conversation on the expert level on such diverse fields as Anthopology, Genetics, Computer Science, Quantum Mechanics, and 'History of Fiction,' whatever you want to call that (The man is a living encyclopaedia of knowledge,) but is also one of the most mature human beings I have ever met. I suspect he is actually a Boddhisatvva (or however it's spelled), and just doesn't want to tell anyone. Or maybe one of the Lamed Vav Tzadikim (I seriously do hold this theory as plausable, and thus is the reason I've never mentioned such to him. I hold too much respect for the Lord Our God of Israel).

So he gives me this book, Lord Foul's Bane, and calls it the greatest book he has ever read, the first book of the greatest series he has ever read, and the thing that had the most impact on him when he was young. I read it, at first, out of respect to him, so I would atleast be able to talk about it. Within a week I'd finished it (staying up late, being late to work, so I had time to read it,) and was greeting him at clubs jumping up and down shouting, in unison with him, "LEPER OUTCAST UNCLEAN!"

The name is rather put-offing, I admit, though I've managed to turn my best friend, and father of my Godson, onto it. He's zipped through my copy of LFB, and when we talked about it (when he was near the end,) he said that I didn't have to give him copies of the other books, and his dad is apparently a rabid fan of the series and has them. And apparently, by introducing him to TCTC, I've managed to bring him and his dad closer together!

So, TCTC: Greatest Fantasy Series EVER! UNITER OF PARENT AND CHILD!
B&
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

"Against All Things Ending"???? Where have I been? What happened to "Shall Pass Utterly" and "Should Pass Utterly"? And how many more changes have I missed? Jeez, I need to get in here more than once a week it appears. So much for having a life. :)
Heard my ears aright? Did not the gaddhi grant me this glaive?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

Oh, you haven't heard? It's not "The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" anymore. It's now:

"The Second Chronicles of Linden Avery"

Emotional Leper wrote:...and was greeting him at clubs jumping up and down shouting, in unison with him, "LEPER OUTCAST UNCLEAN!"
I'm sure that was quite a pickup line ;-)
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Post by emotional leper »

Relayer wrote:Oh, you haven't heard? It's not "The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" anymore. It's now:

"The Second Chronicles of Linden Avery"

Emotional Leper wrote:...and was greeting him at clubs jumping up and down shouting, in unison with him, "LEPER OUTCAST UNCLEAN!"
I'm sure that was quite a pickup line ;-)
Well, I'm sure shouting, "DON'T TOUCH ME!" and jerking away hasitly from every woman who tried to talk to me helped.
B&
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

:LOLS:
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”