Shiiiiiiit I for got

Ill do my orders now
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:Shiiiiiiit I for got

Ill do my orders now
Is your name, GOD? Sorry, poor joke.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

No, but alot of women believe I am his gift to them all :P

Now THATS a lame joke
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:No, but alot of women believe I am his gift to them all :P

Now THATS a lame joke
Indeed. -5CCs for ten turns. ;) :lol:
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Fine I will have to start a new race under the rule of ch1mpgay announcing that we should be understanding of all races, big or small etc
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:Fine I will have to start a new race under the rule of ch1mpgay announcing that we should be understanding of all races, big or small etc
:haha:
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I am sorry to say that there will be no Galactic Daily News article this turn, as nothing really happened. There was no galactic-wide event to report. I was going to write an article on the five most rich empires, but that's unfair on those empires. However, I will state that one empire is EXTREMELY wealthy.

Apologies.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Shame, I like reading those news reports.

And now the speculation begins over the lucky empire. With the light tension over the fountain of youth, I think that this shall make the game rather interesting.

Hmmm, time for me to ponder.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Okay, it's turn five, so that means Level Two technologies can be researched.
Erkirithi-Sha
Ramen

Post by Erkirithi-Sha »

Loremaster wrote: I was going to write an article on the five most rich empires, but that's unfair on those empires.
Apologies.
I don't think it's that unfair. Given the exchange of trade, and a galactic currency, I don't think the richest nations could hide their wealth - much as is the case in the real world. If I was in the top 5 list, I wouldn't mind other players knowing and, if I wasn't, I'd definitely want to know :D

Obviously, exact figures should never be known, but vague indications would be realistic. To make a historical analogy - in the 19th entury, everyone knew the Russian army was colossal but no-one (including the Russians) knew exactly how big it was. Everyone also knew the Russian economy was weak. Conversely, everyone knew the British Empire was the richest in the world, and that their fleet was enormous, but no-one would have known just exactly how big the British economy was, nor how much they spent on naval expansion.
"To promote the Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha, through science, and through the Assisted-Divinity of the Everlasting Emperor; to advance and to evolve always forward, throwing off the mawkish sentimentality of lesser beings; to suffer no imposition; and to accept no destiny but that which we make. These were the aims of The Servants of The Emperor, and these are the aims of all true Erkirithi. Long shall prevail the will of the Emperor" - the last words of Ukule-Thaid, convicted of the assassination of Chairman Kleth, 432nd cycle.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

In saying that, its possible that some of the richest empires wont have much contact with the rest of the galaxy. I know ive only seen several active empires on here. I doubt they are the only empires to be rich

I dunno, im easy either way, although maybe not listing them in order? like, have the five richest, but dont let them know whos richer than who
Erkirithi-Sha
Ramen

Post by Erkirithi-Sha »

That's a possibility, but I don't think even an isolationist empire could hide its wealth, unless it had no trade or diplomatic links whatsoever (but, then, I'd doubt they'd be that rich without much trade). Listing them without order would be fine but, if one empire was much richer than the rest, it would be obvious. For instance, Britain and the U.S are both rich nations in the G8, incomparably wealthier than 3rd world nations, but everyone knows that the US economy dwarfs the British one. Likewise, even in the US's pre-40s 'isolationist' days, it was still obvious that their economy and industry were titanic.

Of course, the gulf of space would blur many of an empire's strengths, and make certain details difficult to ascertain, though I think the Column Bank's monetary system would offset that.

That said, it wouldn't bother me if everything remained 100% secret.
"To promote the Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha, through science, and through the Assisted-Divinity of the Everlasting Emperor; to advance and to evolve always forward, throwing off the mawkish sentimentality of lesser beings; to suffer no imposition; and to accept no destiny but that which we make. These were the aims of The Servants of The Emperor, and these are the aims of all true Erkirithi. Long shall prevail the will of the Emperor" - the last words of Ukule-Thaid, convicted of the assassination of Chairman Kleth, 432nd cycle.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Okay, if more people like the idea of the top three richest empires, top three most populous empires, etc, state it here and I will post a Galactic Daily News Article.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

I think it'd be cool. Besides, thats what nosy reporters do, investigate.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Balon wrote:I think it'd be cool. Besides, thats what nosy reporters do, investigate.
And G'Klek O'Doherty is one of the best!
T'lesir Core
Stonedownor

Post by T'lesir Core »

Loremaster wrote:Okay, if more people like the idea of the top three richest empires, top three most populous empires, etc, state it here and I will post a Galactic Daily News Article.
We believe that while the "top 3" articles might be interesting, they also might be misleading - that is, some Empires might not openly display their wealth during trade, they might not want to divulge population data, and the like... perhaps a good compromise would be if the distinguished reporter of the GDN contacted each Empire and asked for the data? Of course, if an Empire says "I'm earning only 1 CC per turn" and another knows he has a trade route that produces 8 CC per turn, he'll know the empire is up to no good; but otherwise, this allows each Empire to share however much he or she wants to.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Or at least, to keep it vague. I wouldn't think even a reporter of O'doughtrties (spelling? :lol: ) skill could dig up the :lol: specificis of an Empires private economic statistics But it wouldn't really be that hard for him to gauge who's in what position.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Balon wrote:Or at least, to keep it vague. I wouldn't think even a reporter of O'doughtrties (spelling? :lol: ) skill could dig up the :lol: specificis of an Empires private economic statistics But it wouldn't really be that hard for him to gauge who's in what position.
G'Klek has a very reliable source. ;) But no, the GDN will never reveal such details, for that would make espionage redundant.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Wow. I don't know what the hell was going on with my typing last night. What's the deal with the second laughing face? :D :oops:
Erkirithi-Sha
Ramen

Post by Erkirithi-Sha »

I'm for a top three list, or some other equivalent indication.

Return to “Empires”