Pantheon 2.0 - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

Post by Astavyastataa Kadna »

BAH! Pathetic goddling ... you who dare to speak directly to my followers!!

Cower in your lands, such amusing diversions as antagonizing you does not hold my interest when Gods die!

Where was YOUR healing when brave Simjen fell? Where were you as more than 10,000 of my soldiers were tortured!!

Perhaps I will feed you to the planar beast!! Or perhaps the World Breaker will break you next!

But watch and ware as you threaten! You might note I grow stronger. You oppose me at your peril. The minor inconveniences you have experienced are nothing compared to what you may feel.
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

WORLD BREAKER!! HEAR ME USURPER!!!

You will not have much time to enjoy your victory over brave Simjen! Suffering calls the Planar Beast ... and I am SUFFERING. I will bring him to your door you PATHETIC excuse for a deity. Think on that and be DISMAYED. I will enjoy watching it DEVOUR you and your SUFFERING will power me immensely!!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Astavyastataa Kadna wrote:BAH! Pathetic goddling ... you who dare to speak directly to my followers!!

But watch and ware as you threaten! You might note I grow stronger. You oppose me at your peril. The minor inconveniences you have experienced are nothing compared to what you may feel.
Such deceptions as yours cannot sustain faith--the truth will win out. There are only two ends to suffering: Death, or Healing. In time, those who you have forced to your worship with pain will realise that.
The World Breaker
Servant of the Land

Post by The World Breaker »

Astavyastataa Kadna wrote:WORLD BREAKER!! HEAR ME USURPER!!!

You will not have much time to enjoy your victory over brave Simjen! Suffering calls the Planar Beast ... and I am SUFFERING. I will bring him to your door you PATHETIC excuse for a deity. Think on that and be DISMAYED. I will enjoy watching it DEVOUR you and your SUFFERING will power me immensely!!
FOOL. BRING YOUR HOUND TO MY DOOR, AND ITS BLOOD SHALL CONSECRATE MY ASCENSION. WHINE AND CRY AND HIDE BEHIND YOUR COWARDICE - UNTIL THE DAY YOU LOOK BEHIND YOUR SHOULDER AND FIND THAT I HAVE COME FOR YOU.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

World Breaker...

The redness of your eyes haunt my dreams still, yet your minions eyes are green. Why??? What separates you from the minions of the void?
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

The World Breaker wrote: FOOL. BRING YOUR HOUND TO MY DOOR, AND ITS BLOOD SHALL CONSECRATE MY ASCENSION. WHINE AND CRY AND HIDE BEHIND YOUR COWARDICE - UNTIL THE DAY YOU LOOK BEHIND YOUR SHOULDER AND FIND THAT I HAVE COME FOR YOU.
Come for me if you CAN arrogant one ... for if you strike me down on Eiran, you but restore me to the cosmos. And then SMALL one ... I will come for YOU!!

My pain of transition will be nothing compared to the AGONY I will inflict on you for all ETERNITY. So come for me if you dare WORLD BREAKER. I grow annoyed with your insolence.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Does anyone know how to attract a demon :twisted: ? That Pourzoleh's out and about again!

The maelstrom in the west is a result of me deflecting Neph's servants' attacks into the oceans. Apparently these attacks are NOT just cold and heat, but concentrated malevolence. Oops.

Well, thanks to AK's sacrifice, it looks like we at least know where Neph is - the desolated bits of Eiran!

And BHAKTI! What the hell are these vines that your followers have loosed on Thellarr??? We've got enough problems without manic plants taking over!

Sigh.

Undine

:D Welcome back Lady of Light.
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Solus
Woodhelvennin

Post by Solus »

Brothers and Sisters,

It is with a heavy heart that I tell of Simjen's final battle with Nephirthos.

Simjen, his great hound Antovar, and I tracked the World Breaker to a great citadel on Eiran, on the blasted continent of Thellar. Alas, that I could not follow him into battle, having expended what meagre strength I had in getting there.

As we arrived, we were beset by a multitude of Nephirthos' heralds. Antovar plunged into them, sending gouts of white-hot flame flying hundreds of yards into the air along with other unidentifiable parts. But the heralds were many, and soon Antovar was no longer visible in the swarm, even if the agitation within it was sign that the hound did not relent.

The way forward being clear, Simjen confronted Nephirthos directly. He raised his spear in challenge, and received laughter in answer. And with that, the two joined in battle. From what I could see, Simjen showed little regard for his own safety, striking furiously at Nephirthos. And though Simjen struck home with nearly every blow, the power of Nephirthos was immense. Indeed, he seemed to wield more power than was possible... much in the way that Simjen wielded the power given him by the other gods, but on a greater scale.

When all seemed lost, Simjen drew upon hidden reserves of strength. In a cunning manouvre, he ensnared Nephirthos' dark sword in his cloak of mists, then struck at the World Breaker's forearm with closed fist, disarming the foe but at the cost of his cloak and ring.

In his final attack, Simjen sacrificed his great spear, Aeshspar, and appeared to draw strength from his own people. The blow brought Nephirthos, at this point badly bruised and bleeding, to his knees. And though he barely clung to life, he drew upon the last of his great power, blasting the Smith with raw force.

This final assault was more than Simjen could bear. He fell before it. Alas, brothers and sisters. Were there anything I could have done at that point... Had Simjen chosen to use up his own followers to the last Dwarrow, he may have lived. Nephirthos was so weak that the weight of a feather may have turned the tide.

I could bear no more, my brethren. I turned my face from the battle and fled. And I'm afraid Nephirthos' laughter will haunt my sleep in the great void to which I now return. There is nothing else I can do.

I wish you gods luck, though I fear you will receive little of it. And I hope you all remember the bravery Simjen showed. If you wish to repay his sacrifice, see that his wife and children are kept safe. If any god ever deserved his legacy to live on...

Farewell. And godspeed.
"The winds and waves are always on the side of the ablest navigators."
-E. Gibbon
The World Breaker
Servant of the Land

THE COWARD OF ANOTHER AGE KNOWS, AT LAST, THAT I CANNOT BE DEFEATED! THERE IS NO POWER UNDER THE SKY OF EIRAN THAT IS GREATER THAN THE WORLD BREAKER'S!

KNOW THAT I WILL RELISH THE GODLY BLOOD I SHALL SPILL, UNTIL THE WORLD ITSELF IS FLOODED. I WILL REND YOUR VERY BEINGS AND CAST YOUR FRAGMENTS INTO THE VOID WHENCE I CAME.

GODDESS OF AIR! YOU BROUGHT ME INTO EIRAN, AND FOR THIS, I SHALL COME TO YOU LAST, THAT YOU MAY SEE YOUR BRETHREN DIE IN TORMENT, AND KNOW THIS IS YOUR DOING!
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Thank you, Solus, for telling us the story of the great Simjen.

I promise you, his death will not be in vain.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

The World Breaker wrote:THE COWARD OF ANOTHER AGE KNOWS, AT LAST, THAT I CANNOT BE DEFEATED! THERE IS NO POWER UNDER THE SKY OF EIRAN THAT IS GREATER THAN THE WORLD BREAKER'S!

KNOW THAT I WILL RELISH THE GODLY BLOOD I SHALL SPILL, UNTIL THE WORLD ITSELF IS FLOODED. I WILL REND YOUR VERY BEINGS AND CAST YOUR FRAGMENTS INTO THE VOID WHENCE I CAME.

GODDESS OF AIR! YOU BROUGHT ME INTO EIRAN, AND FOR THIS, I SHALL COME TO YOU LAST, THAT YOU MAY SEE YOUR BRETHREN DIE IN TORMENT, AND KNOW THIS IS YOUR DOING!
*paling but eyes blazing*

I know not what such words imply, fiend, but know this. I will ask all to the last one for guidance and help, and should your choice of words mean more than they seem at first glance, we will discover it.

Do you prophesy that I am to be the last to remain standing? For if self sacrifice should tumble such prophecy it is not out of my realm of consideration if it would bring you low.

"Remember I told you I would kill you last?
...I lied!
"
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

World Breaker ... Bah!! Solus refutes you!! You almost lost!! *breathes deeply* I can smell your lingering fear and suffering!! *chuckles* It will amuse me to see you brought low

Watch and ware 'bloodied one'! For your days are numbered!!
Last edited by Astavyastataa Kadna on Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

Brethren...

I asked a small question, a minor detail of why there is a difference in eye color, and I am diverted with a promise I find both horrifying and obscene. Yet, while a minor detail, I feel strongly there may be something to be learned if we can discover what causes the difference. Has anyone been given this information? If not, does anyone know of how we may discover the reason for the difference? Other than what I have already done, which was to ask directly, I know not how to proceed to discover the answer to this oh but minor detail...

*fuming*
Norn
Giantfriend

Post by Norn »

Do not worry overmuch sister O-gon-cho, for the words of a paranoiac should hold no fear for any of us.

Yes, it is true that our beloved brother fell before the fool, yet had Simjen sacrificed all dwarrowdom to defeat our enemy I would have thought much less of him. Whilst such an act may have given him victory, has it not been said that good may not be accomplished by evil means? This I believe with all my heart.

Therefore, though Simjen may have died, he has given us a glorious gift, for he has shown us that we need not. Together we may succeed against the darkness that assails us, and therefore I will fight with all the power that is mine to command. Fight, and die too if I must, that Simjen's death might have meaning.

I have a daughter that I desire to protect, a brother that I desire to avenge, a life that I do not fear to lose, and I do not stand alone. Fear me as you lie there in a pool of your own blood Nephirthos, if you have gained any wisdom at all.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

Norn wrote:Do not worry overmuch sister O-gon-cho
Heh.

Shall I do the honors, brother Bhakti?

Truer words never spoken...

I desire no further bloodshed of any of the Pantheon. Least of all if I am chosen to bare witness to all that is spilt. Is there no way to avoid such, without crumbling before Nephirthos?
Norn
Giantfriend

Post by Norn »

It is my desire that no blood but the World Breaker's should be shed sister. However, I will face death with open arms if that is what is required to defeat him.
The World Breaker
Servant of the Land

IT IS GOOD, GODLINGS, THAT SOME OF YOU RECOGNIZE WHAT I HAVE BECOME. IT IS GOOD THAT ONE OF YOUR NUMBER BOWS BEFORE MY MIGHT, AND OFFERS HER SERVICES. BUT I AM A MAGNANIMOUS GOD OF GODS - AND I SHALL LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT TRANSPIRES!
O-gon-cho wrote: Nephirthos...

I know not where to begin.

As the one responsible for bringing you here, I am stepping forward. What, if anything, will deflect you from your desire to bring us all low? I am far from being the most powerful of the current Pantheon, but I do not want more bloodshed.

So...I place myself at your feet. If there is anything within my power I can offer you, just ask.

If there is nothing I can offer to deflect you, I place myself at your service as a messenger to the Pantheon as one who will be listened to without automatic suspicion and outrage.

O-gon-cho
Norn
Giantfriend

Post by Norn »

What betrayal is this sister? To make such an offer to he who shattered Eiran for sport.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

*sigh*

I know not what to do otherwise sister.

Let him guide me.

...besides, he cut out the majority of what I wrote...
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

BAH, it is not beyond the World Breaker to LIE. However, if TRUE ... ahhh ... I am glad brave Simjen does not know of this betrayal!!

HEAR ME WORLD BREAKER!!

There is no other god here that will bend their knee to you!!

And you have not responded to MY promise of an ETERNITY of SUFFERING. Perhaps you are too fearful!! I offer you this ... GROVEL at my FEET!! And perhaps I will DESTROY you quickly!!

Return to “Pantheon”