The UK Watch v SRD - round 2

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

CovenantJr
Lord

The UK Watch v SRD - round 2

Post by CovenantJr »

Yes indeedy, SRD is coming back to these shores the week of 22nd October. Gart dropped me a line, and we thought the most logical choice of date is 27th, at Forbidden Planet in London. There is a downside to this though - SRD is only doing a signing that day, rather than a reading or a Q&A or any of those things (check HERE for details of what he's doing and where).

Gart and I are both pencilled in. Hierachy has tentatively committed himself, financial considerations allowing. It's likely that Chrysalis will show if we go to the London date. Anyone else?
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I'll think about it.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Pansy :P
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

It's only a short hop for me now, so you can pencil me in too. I just have to make sure I haven't already agreed to do something back in Nottingham that weekend!
Q. Why do Communists drink herbal tea?
A. Because proper tea is theft.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Not in WB any more? You move around a lot...
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

I made my fourth move in a year at the beginning of the month, so it has been a bit hectic. I'd intended to stay in Nottingham for the forseeable future, but I got a job offer that was too good to turn down so I'm in Surrey now. My girlfriend will be in Nottingham for the next six months at least, until she finishes her clinical scientist training at the hospital.

The good news is I'm all clear for the 27th, so now we need a time and a place!
Gart
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Gart »

The signing itself is from 1 to 2 from what I remember, so I reckon we want to meet up around mid-day. My suggestion would be to gather somewhere accessible and handy for transport - maybe a bar or coffeshop at one of the major stations - and head over to Tottenham Court Road from there.
...but in the morning, I will be sober
Stutty
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Stutty »

Hmmm.... I wonder if Ryan Air has any 20euro flights from Germany on or around that day....

Oh! Better yet, I'll just invite SRD to my place, the villiage Cabbagefest is on this weekend... smells a bit, but great fun.

stutt
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1001001 = ASC(73) = "I"
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Stutty wrote:Hmmm.... I wonder if Ryan Air has any 20euro flights from Germany on or around that day....

Oh! Better yet, I'll just invite SRD to my place, the villiage Cabbagefest is on this weekend... smells a bit, but great fun.

stutt
Stutty, I doubt it :P I'm also in Germany and I thought about going to the UK for the signing, but it's too much money (and I have to consider expenses for the plane ticket in December)...
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

I'm working that Saturday so can't go to London. I'm off on Friday though so I'm hoping to get to Bristol, though as it's an evening signing, I'll have to scarper off quick to get the last train back home.
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Post by emotional leper »

I know this is just the internet, but I love this thread.
B&
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I'm working on finding Nathan's number (I've got it somewhere) since he always seems keen to meet.
Gart wrote:The signing itself is from 1 to 2 from what I remember, so I reckon we want to meet up around mid-day. My suggestion would be to gather somewhere accessible and handy for transport - maybe a bar or coffeshop at one of the major stations - and head over to Tottenham Court Road from there.
Tottenham Court Road?! Arrrrgh! The last time (and only time) I set foot on Tottenham Court Road, I was abandoned and couldn't get anywhere because the cab drivers wouldn't take me! Arrrgh! I hoped I'd never have to go back. :lol:
Gart
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Gart »

It's that or Leicester Square, they're about equidistant. So we can head for there if it'd help ;)
...but in the morning, I will be sober
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Consider me soothed :lol:
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Emotional Leper wrote:I know this is just the internet, but I love this thread.
how come?
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Coach tickets booked.
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

I'll be coming in to Waterloo, but I'd suggest which ever station the more distant people will be coming in to, maybe St Pancras or Euston.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I'm coming by coach (a quarter of the price of the train) so I'll be arriving at Victoria. I'm used to zipping around on the tube, though, so I can get to other stations without much trouble.

Nav: I've PMed you my new mobile number, in case you need it. In my experience, Watch meets tend to be...prone to misadventure.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Still trying to work things out. Might be possible (okay, so if I'd tried earlier it would be easier than it's looking now).
The Somberlain
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by The Somberlain »

I won't be at the London one, but imagine my surprise when I wandered into Bristol's Waterstones today to see if they had the new book in stock, only to find an advert for SRD doing a signing on Friday. Snapped up my ticket right away. Awesome.

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”