stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Option B with a seven DRP boost for all of this turn!!! :biggrin:
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

...musing...

Option B with the side of good triumphing in the long run, so some destruction happens but towards a good end.

:| ;)
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Allright, listen well... I have begun writing the rules for Pantheon 3.0 in the Rules thread, AND I have opened the Registration thread.

I understand the rules may be a little more complicated now; if you have any questions, feel free to ask clarifications (either in the Pantheon 2.0 Feedback thread, here, or in the Registration thread). From this moment on, you can start working on your deities for Pantheon 3.0. THIS DOESN'T MEAN 2.0 IS OVER; in case Vadhaka refuses the AllFather's offer, we'll continue with 2.0, but in the meantime you'll feel better since you claimed the domains you wanted for 3.0, AND you can begin familiarizing yourselves with the rules.

Please don't feel overwhelmed by the rules: again, if you have any questions, ask here or (if you don't want others to know) via PM.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

From what I can see from the new rules, Montressor would like to be god of the sun, but the domain of sun has (sunrise) after it - does this not mean that a god of the sun must be 'good'? Whereas Montressor's proposed character looks like it would fit better as a neutral or sunset god.(I'm not trying to deny you your character, Montressor, cos it looks really interesting, just looking for a rules clarification!)

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

...waiting to see the conditions an already existing deity must follow...
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I don't think the sunrise/sunset have to be good or evil; it presents an artificial division that encourages us to assume such roles, but doesn't define them. But yes, it looks like Sun is a Sunrise Court domain, as fits the model Xar has created for the courts (night/day, sun/moon). A difficulty for Montressor, I think.
This discussion should probably have been kept to the registration thread rather than intruding on P2.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Murrin wrote: This discussion should probably have been kept to the registration thread rather than intruding on P2.
I agree, except I think the Rules Feedback thread may be more appropriate, to keep the Registration thread for registering purposes only.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Xar wrote:Allright, listen well... I have begun writing the rules for Pantheon 3.0 in the Rules thread, AND I have opened the Registration thread.

I understand the rules may be a little more complicated now; if you have any questions, feel free to ask clarifications (either in the Pantheon 2.0 Feedback thread, here, or in the Registration thread). From this moment on, you can start working on your deities for Pantheon 3.0. THIS DOESN'T MEAN 2.0 IS OVER; in case Vadhaka refuses the AllFather's offer, we'll continue with 2.0, but in the meantime you'll feel better since you claimed the domains you wanted for 3.0, AND you can begin familiarizing yourselves with the rules.

Please don't feel overwhelmed by the rules: again, if you have any questions, ask here or (if you don't want others to know) via PM.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Ah, ok.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

I see what you mean, though. Maybe we should try and keep this thread for comments on the ongoing game!

Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Ok, I just found this for P3 and I have some questions about the rules for the new game:

Do dieties still have their own drp's in addition to the drp's they may gain from being in a house?

Are new domains purchased with drp's?
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Yes to the first (Court DRPs depend on how many individual DRPs people have) and yes to the second (you lose one DRP permanently).
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Thanks.

But about the courts: Xar said that an angry and vengeful god could be a member of the court of sunrise. But, that god could not be evil, correct?

I am trying to understand this. The court of sunrise is for gods with a good alignment and the court of sunset is for those with an evil alignment.

Is that right?
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Calais wrote:Thanks.

But about the courts: Xar said that an angry and vengeful god could be a member of the court of sunrise. But, that god could not be evil, correct?

I am trying to understand this. The court of sunrise is for gods with a good alignment and the court of sunset is for those with an evil alignment.

Is that right?
From the registration thread:
Xar wrote: EDIT: Also, while I mentioned that mortals may distinguish the Houses as Good and Evil, Light and Dark, Order and Chaos and so on, this does not mean that either Court "translates" as Good, Evil, Law or Chaos. The Courts are two different "hierarchies", established around the Oracles and the Divine Rights. Whether a Court is good or evil doesn't depend on the Court itself, but on the gods who belong to it; so a god of the sun who requests bloody sacrifices can still belong to the Sunrise Court without any problem.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

ok. thank you, Menolly.

I am intrigued by the notion of the courts but I am still undecided yet.

Would the courts be restrictive in any way? Just how free are the dieties of a certain court allowed to be?
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Calais wrote:ok. thank you, Menolly.

I am intrigued by the notion of the courts but I am still undecided yet.

Would the courts be restrictive in any way? Just how free are the dieties of a certain court allowed to be?
Courts restrict you somewhat. For instance, attacking/hindering other deities of your Court becomes more meaningless, because in the long run you could lose access to one or more Court benefits (if the members of the Court decide to punish you) and you would risk weakening the Court itself (thereby reducing the Divine Right too). Also, being in opposition to the other Court means it is much more difficult to work with deities from the other Court (and, again, helping them you could strengthen their Court to the detriment of yours).

However, you get an Oracle which can be helpful, the Divine Right, and you get a bunch of allies...
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Xar wrote:However, you get an Oracle which can be helpful,
We've been dealing with you long enough now to know how helpful the Oracle will be. :lol:
The Oracles are cryptic, and they don't always answer when consulted; at other times, they may offer unsolicited information, although most often in the way of riddles.
Indeed!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

Here's a list of Weather so far. Any comments, edits, additional ideas?

acid rain
avalanche
ball lightning
blizzard
blue skies
bolt of lightning
clouds
comet
cyclone
drought
dust devil
dust storm
earthquake
eclipse
erosion
flash flood
fog
freezing rain
hail shower
haze
humidity
hurricane
landslide
lava
lightning
lunar eclipse
meteor shower
mud slide
ocean currents
rain
rainbow
sandstorm
solar eclipse
sunshine
thunder
tornado
tsunami
wind
From a single Acorn, a mighty Oak
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Tawhiri-matea wrote:
acid rain - presupposes pollution - you need help
avalanche - can influence - but not a direct action
comet - good try - lol - NOT Weather
earthquake - good try - lol - NOT Weather
eclipse - good try - lol - NOT Weather
erosion - can influence - but not a direct action
landslide - can influence - but not a direct action
lava - good try - lol - NOT Weather
lunar eclipse - good try - lol - NOT Weather
meteor shower - good try - lol - NOT Weather
mud slide - can influence - but not a direct action
ocean currents - can influence - but not a direct action
solar eclipse- good try - lol - NOT Weather
sunshine- can influence - but not a direct action
You have asked for feedback brother. I respectfully submit that the above are NOT direct actions in control of weather. *bows*
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Avalanches, lava, and earthquakes are not components of weather. Mudslide is not necessarily weather either.

They are components of the earth and would thus be part of Calais' domain.

Return to “Pantheon”