The Gap Into Conflict - The Real Story Chapt 13

The Gap Into Group Reading

Moderators: Cord Hurn, lucimay

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

The Gap Into Conflict - The Real Story Chapt 13

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

In this chapter Angus gets heavy into his plotting against Nick. He also starts dangling Morn in front of Nick as often as he can despite the fact that his muddled feelings towards Morn and his insistence on thinking that Morn wants Nick makes this an almost unbearable torture for him. He yearns to punish Morn for this and yet he can't bring himself to hurt her and even turns gentle in his continued use of her. She is of course confused by this and yet can't seem to figure out what this means. Angus's own confusion over his reactions to Morn cause him to question himself more and more to the point that he begins to go against his gut instincts. He continues to stalk and watch Nick's every move. Angus is forced repeatedly to convince himself that he is ready to go up against Nick despite his gut screaming at him otherwise. He is further driven because he feels that if he doesn't do something against Nick he will find himself falling to his knees and begging Morn for forgiveness, a concept so alien to Angus that he fights it the only way he can.

Fear and desperation goad Angus into action and he times his exit from Mallory's to force a confrontation with Nick. They goad each other with malicious intent and Nick says some oddly phrased things to Angus. Angus finally gets the better of Nick and attacks him physically which goads Nick's crewmembers into grabbing Morn. They reach a sort of standoff and Angus and Morn rush back to the ship. Angus tells Morn to get the ship ready to leave and she complies. Angus finds out through his data lines that Nick has just recieved another encrypted message from station security and is about to take off. Angus intends to follow. Just as they are leaving a distress code is broadcast and they are ordered to redock. Both Nick and Angus manage to take off anyway and Angus is intent on hunting down Nick and not just framing him but destroying him utterly.

In this chapter we really begin to see the breakdown of Angus the monster. He doesn't even know himself anymore. He is acting in ways that confuse himself while trying to maintain an aura of control to everyone else. Even Morn isn't sure what to make of Angus anymore.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Incredible fill in effort CMJ damm I wish I was in SF right now!
fall far and well Pilots!
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Thanks Danlo. It's not as wordy as I am wont to be but I think I hit the salient points. :biggrin: You also know that you and Lady Tam are welcome anytime. :P Having the both of you walk through my door was not at all like meeting you for the first time but rather reuniting amongst firm friends.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

great recap ...
I rmember how all these latter chapters will building and (whew) what a finale!
~...with a floating smile and a light blue sponge...~
frankELF
Ramen

Post by frankELF »

You're a fillin! Wow, nice job, Cameraman Jenn!

The oddly phrased things Nick says - which do eventually have significance - are a flaw I see in the book. (I say this in my review of Chapter 16, too.) I just don't believe someone could make something specific out of them no matter how much time you had to think. I'm sure we could construct entirely different meanings or none at all.
Kokopelli would be a cool avatar for me.

Trees, by Joyce Kilmer
- I think that I shall never see,
- A poem as lovely as a tree. (STOP READING poem FOREVER, here! Go look OUTDOORS.)
Endymion9
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Endymion9 »

Well I got the answer that I couldn't remember from reading years ago, on how to pronounce Angus last name. I knew the proper Greek pronunciation but still found myself reading it Thermo-pile until this chapter.
frankELF
Ramen

Post by frankELF »

Endymion9 wrote:Well I got the answer that I couldn't remember from reading years ago, on how to pronounce Angus last name. I knew the proper Greek pronunciation but still found myself reading it Thermo-pile until this chapter.
Thermo-pile was Succorso's way of pronouncing it.
Kokopelli would be a cool avatar for me.

Trees, by Joyce Kilmer
- I think that I shall never see,
- A poem as lovely as a tree. (STOP READING poem FOREVER, here! Go look OUTDOORS.)

Return to “Ancillary Documentation”