The skurj

Book 2 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, Seareach

Krilly
<i>Elohim</i>

The skurj

Post by Krilly »

I was just thinking earlier today... what are the skurj and how did they originate? I also noted that they remind me a lot of the Worm of the World's End. Both have an unending appetite, eating everything in sight--both also are "worm" in nature.

Now the nicor have already been believed to be the offspring of the Worm, so it makes me wonder where the skurj fit into the picture. Maybe the offspring take on various avatars, depending on where they are born (sea, or lava?). Thoughts?
sherlock_525
Ramen

Post by sherlock_525 »

Linden, while looking at them with earthpower-magnafied health- sense, says they are a corrupted type of life (or something similar) so a better question would be what happend to cause the Elohim to make the Durance in the first place. Most of the unknown danger comes from this act: Esmer, Roger's glamour, Kastenessen, so on and so forth. Or perhaps I've gone crazy from to much caffine and nicotine? :?
"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone"-Al Capone
earthbrah
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by earthbrah »

Well, the skurj are beings of fire and lava. So are the Fire Lions of Mt. Thunder. Wouldn't it be cool if we got to see a sweet battle between these two factions? What if the skurj are the demented brothers of the Fire Lions?

Makes me wonder about the time period of Kastenessen's Durancing.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Nicor vs skurj. Opposing elements, water and fire. That would be epic.

Return to “Fatal Revenant”