Pantheon: The Third Age - Rules and Comments Thread

Moderator: Xar

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I'm touched and proud that so many of Nor Yekith's species made it to the Third Age. Thanks, Xar.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Loremaster wrote:I'm touched and proud that so many of Nor Yekith's species made it to the Third Age. Thanks, Xar.
With all of the species he birthed, I would have been surprised at NOT finding them in the Third Age :P
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Looks like half the players have stated a race (and one other is pretty much decided, that I know of). Still interested to see how the rest of the selections will go.

Come on, people--make your minds up! :lol:

(Not that finishing this will speed the start of the game, I suspect. Xar still has to work everything else out.)
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Murrin wrote:(Not that finishing this will speed the start of the game, I suspect. Xar still has to work everything else out.)
Ah, but it will speed the start of the game! Xar will get all excited, and stay up until all hours working on it! :D
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

If you say so. :lol:
an Carraig
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by an Carraig »

hmmm. no fey. alright then. humans it is.
crime pays the rock
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Ice Titans sound SOOOOOOOOOO much fun!! It's all I can do to not take them and Cold instead! :D
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Interesting turn around for O-gon, there.

Five players to go, if my count is correct.
So far, five gods have taken Humans. No other race has been taken by more than one god. Five major races and four minor races accounted for--nine races unchosen.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Murrin wrote:Interesting turn around for O-gon, there.
:twisted:

I hope to be full of surprises.

But, I truly tried to fit the Fallen Ones into how I want to play. According to further details from the AllFather, there was one major drawback to how I play I just could not over come.

...and may I politely ask all who do this, not just the player above...just what is so difficult about typing four more characters on my name? I don't mind being referred to as OGC either. But O-gon...just leaves me hanging... ;)
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

:lol: I usually just call you O.

Is Bel still Fallen Ones? I didn't know how that turned out, since they ended up being Undead.

Oh! I think I have Excel on the computer now! I can do all that crap too! :D
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

(The same reason Astavyastataa Kadna gets called Asta, or why I really wish there was a way to abbreviate Argothoth. Sometimes it just seems unwieldy to always be referring to someone by their full name, when that name is three syllables or longer.)

Bel is still Fallen Ones. I'm going with the notion that the Fallen Ones are not the same sort of undead we're used to: as far as I can tell, they're a distinct species of their own, only classed as "undead" rather than "living". Vangoryth seem to fill the role of "resurrected dead" we're used to seeing from undead races. Perhaps Xar could clarify this distinction for me.
I'm just going to treat them like any other race.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Murrin wrote:(The same reason Astavyastataa Kadna gets called Asta, or why I really wish there was a way to abbreviate Argothoth. Sometimes it just seems unwieldy to always be referring to someone by their full name, when that name is three syllables or longer.)
*nod*

I understand that. But seriously, OGC works for me.
Zephyr wrote::lol: I usually just call you O.
*soft smile*

Your former deity earned much respect on my part with everything he put up with from me. There is no way I would have complained about whatever he decided to call me.

However, this young upstart is a totally different matter... ;)

At times I found being referred to as O a little confusing, once Odal joined the Game. But that appears to work as well this time around.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

If you want people to address you by your full name, have a short name. Calling someone by their initials, especially 3 letter ones, isn't exactly godly (I tried to refer to AK as Kadna, at least, in game). I think to most of us, your name is synonymous with O'gon Cho. Kind of like Qui-Gon Jinn. You don't see everyone calling him by his full name all the time, much less "QGJ." You could just as easily be called Cho, except Cho is a pretty common Chinese surname and also the common abbreviation for a MIA Watcher, Cho-Chiyo.

Not that Aarklar will likely refer to the other gods much, and certainly not directly. But... just my two cents.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Do I have everything correct so far? Anybody want to add stuff?
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

You missed Amplarx, and Keev Furaha, that is if Keev is still playing (hasn't posted since the day she signed up, but as Xar says, there've been no official dropouts).
You have more people's races filled in than I was aware had been stated (Brid hasn't posted on the subject as far as I'm aware).
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Murrin wrote:You missed Amplarx, and Keev Furaha, that is if Keev is still playing (hasn't posted since the day she signed up, but as Xar says, there've been no official dropouts).
Ah. Thanks. How the heck I messed Amplarx is beyond me. But Keev is likely not playing. :(
Murrin wrote:You have more people's races filled in than I was aware had been stated (Brid hasn't posted on the subject as far as I'm aware).
kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=534532#534532
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Remember that, as it was found out the hard way in P2, races who do not get chosen by a god eventually seem to wither and disappear - perhaps being shepherded by a god is the only (or at least the best) way for continued survival of a determined race, at least as long as gods are "available".

Or is it that those races whose numbers are dwindling have no longer enough faith to spawn and sustain a god in the first place?
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Which races that were not chosen in P2 died out? I don't remember all the p2 races, and can't find the registration thread.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

The Centaurs almost did, because noone even remembered they were there. I expect the Orcs were struggling, too--though they've survived, so maybe not.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

The orcs are damned lucky to be alive at all! Little s.o.b.'s going after Aldian like that!!! Heh. Musta been Tsalooga's brief stewardship that got them through the Between Times.

Return to “Pantheon”