How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

thefirst wrote:
Mina Harker wrote:Are you going to elaborate?
It's not too exciting, one of the things in the package was a movie, "Pans Labyrinth", the rest, he can tell if he wants to.
Ooh. . . I love that movie. :biggrin: And my curiosity gets the better of me sometimes. . . :biggrin:

Ki
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ki »

got some interesting news today. seems that a competitor has an opening and has expressed an interest in talking with me. i love it when that happens...didn't even send a resume yet. but anyway, i am hoping this pans out b/c i would get to work with my old boss and leave my stupid crappy stupid job that i hate. (yes, i meant to use to stupid twice). :)
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Mina Harker wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:I feel like a failing failure drinking fail-sauce. I think I bombed my Bio II test, but I won't know until Wednesday, so until then I'm going to be an anxious ball of Despite. It's very demoralizing, and I still have a Bio Lab test later today.

Sigh. Maybe I did better than I thought--perhaps a 70? That'd give me the impetus to improve. I'm just not used to failure, after making As in English for over three years. Damn you, science!
Soryr to hear this! Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. . . hopefully you'll learn to compensate. |G
I made even worse on the Bio Lab test. :cry:

But hey--I was a 5th year senior in highschool, and here I am probably the best writer at my college and in the top 10%. I know how to make turnarounds. I screwed up, yeah, but I know why I did and how to fix it. Soldier on! :yeehaa:
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

KiGirl wrote:got some interesting news today. seems that a competitor has an opening and has expressed an interest in talking with me. i love it when that happens...didn't even send a resume yet. but anyway, i am hoping this pans out b/c i would get to work with my old boss and leave my stupid crappy stupid job that i hate. (yes, i meant to use to stupid twice). :)
Ooh! That's exciting! Hoping for the best, Kigirl! :biggrin:

Ki
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ki »

Wyldewode wrote: Ooh! That's exciting! Hoping for the best, Kigirl! :biggrin:
Thank you!!!!! :)
Tull
Stonedownor

Post by Tull »

Really, it's not how I feel today that's the issue here so much as how I WILL feel tomorrow, seeing as how I signed up to be an Election Judge, which entails a 15-ish hour long work day. With no breaks.

And I have a runny nose.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Lord Foul wrote:
Mina Harker wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:I feel like a failing failure drinking fail-sauce. I think I bombed my Bio II test, but I won't know until Wednesday, so until then I'm going to be an anxious ball of Despite. It's very demoralizing, and I still have a Bio Lab test later today.

Sigh. Maybe I did better than I thought--perhaps a 70? That'd give me the impetus to improve. I'm just not used to failure, after making As in English for over three years. Damn you, science!
Soryr to hear this! Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. . . hopefully you'll learn to compensate. |G

But hey--I was a 5th year senior in highschool, and here I am probably the best writer at my college and in the top 10%. I know how to make turnarounds. I screwed up, yeah, but I know why I did and how to fix it. Soldier on! :yeehaa:
Does Jewish Mama need to get on your case about studying Biology, LF?
thefirst
The Gap Into Spam

Post by thefirst »

KiGirl wrote:got some interesting news today. seems that a competitor has an opening and has expressed an interest in talking with me. i love it when that happens...didn't even send a resume yet. but anyway, i am hoping this pans out b/c i would get to work with my old boss and leave my stupid crappy stupid job that i hate. (yes, i meant to use to stupid twice). :)

That's great news :!!!: I hope it all works out for the best for you. I've noticed, that for me at least, if I can be comfortable with my job, everything else that life throws at me, is a lot easier to take. So, all my best to you :biggrin:
Has anyone seen my keys?
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

I'm tired. It's been a bemusing day. ...and I'm reminded of all those men who say "women never know what they want". Men don't know half the time either!
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Post by emotional leper »

Going to the Doctor on Friday.
B&
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Regarding your ear drum?
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Post by emotional leper »

Menolly wrote:Regarding your ear drum?
Regarding this whole dilapidated thing I condescendingly deign to refer to as a body.
B&
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

*about friggin' time*

All will be well.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Menolly wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:
Mina Harker wrote: Soryr to hear this! Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. . . hopefully you'll learn to compensate. |G

Does Jewish Mama need to get on your case about studying Biology, LF?
I thought "best writer" or "top 10%" of my college might hint that I'm a good student. ;) I'm studying. I'm just not used to taking science classes and must find a different method where the info sinks in.

In any case, getting rid of some distractions won't hurt. I believe I'll begin with the Watch. Bye!
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I feel easily irritated today. It started with Moose. On my way in to work he was very adamant about sitting on my lap while I was driving and I put him back on the passenger seat several times. He kept climbing back over so I gave up and then he freaking puked all over my leg. Then I get into work, clean up the puke and am trying to get my parts ordered and my morning organized and Igor starts in with, did you see on craigslist? And I am like, No. What am I supposed to see? He's like, the mini. I'm like, what mini? Can you be a bit more specific? He's like, go look at the mini. I'm like, I am a bit busy right now. Can't you just TELL me? He's like, go look, go look! so I am like, fine. I search mini coopers for sale. I am like, can you give me a hint Igor so I am not sitting her for two hours trying to find the ad you want me to find?

Ugh, just frustrating. And Moose is being a punk ass. He won't stop back barking. He's having one of those days where he thinks he HAS to have the last word. Grrrrrr.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

Hope your day gets better, Jenn.

I am having an okay day, myself. Lots of work to do. And trying to decide what to eat for lunch that won't make me gain back the weight I have been losing recently. So I am letting myself be hungry while I try to decide. ;)
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

[sarcasm] Oh, it's getting better alright. [/sarcasm]

Ah, customers. Ok, so this guy has his BMW X5 brought in on a towtruck. He talked to me on the phone the other day. He was telling me that the transmission was making noise. The vehicle arrives and so I call him and ask him to give me all the details again so I don't miss anything when I am writing it up. He says, Oh, I don't think it's the transmission anymore. I printed out some information I found on the internet. I say, Ok, I'll go look at what you printed and call you back. I get the printout and it's some technical service bulletin about valve cover gaskets. I was confused. I call him back and he just keeps insisting that it's not the transmission so finally I get Igor involved. Igor gets on the phone and they are talking in Russian for about ten minutes. Igor gives him back to me so I can take his fax number and fax him the work order to sign and fax back. Igor then walks out of the office. I have to chase Igor down in the shop and ask him what I am writing the vehicle up as. He tells me, I go back in, finish the work order and fax it to the customer. He calls back and says, Hey, what's this 87 dollars for? and I am like, diagnostic time. He's says that Igor told him there was no charge. I ask him to hold. I go ask Igor if this was true. Igor says that he told him one hour of labor. I go back on the phone and tell him, Igor says he told you one hour of labor and that is what is on the invoice. He tries to argue. I put Igor back on the phone. The customer then tells Igor that I told him we weren't going to charge him. Of course Igor knows this isn't true because I was already out there asking Igor if HE told the customer no charges. Anyway, they argue for about ten minutes in Russian and it seems to be solved. What is it with people who own expensive cars and then try to weasel out of paying hard working techs for their hard earned and specialized skills in diagnosing? And 87 bucks? That's nothing for San Francisco. If he took it to the BMW dealership they would charge him 185 for the SAME diagnostics.

lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

sick. :cry: whiney sick. the kind where you can't think straight and when people try to make you think straight, you cry. wwwwaaaaaah.
i HATE being sick.

yesterday around noonish it was a scratchy throat and a sneeze or two.

today its Captain Trips. wwaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. :cry:

going back to bed to eat popsicles.
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

OH Poor Cynderloodles. I hope you feel better. Have an extra popsicle for me!

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Poor Luci! And poor Jenn! And way to go, KiGirl! Hugs all 'round:

|G

Things here are just meandering along. Had to edit the bills, ugh, I hate billing. Also felt compelled to apologize to a co-worker who I felt like I had been snippy to; she said she hadn't noticed that I was snippy. Wow, I have *got* to work on my crabby persona. :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/

Return to “General Discussion Forum”