Pantheon: The Third Age - Rules and Comments Thread

Moderator: Xar

Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

OOC natch! ;)
Nor Yekith wrote:..."Our Master gifts you all with forced mutation. Nor Yekith has returned to Eiran!"
Welcome back!! :biggrin:
Unzen
Ramen

Post by Unzen »

Nor Yekith wrote:Nor Yekith has returned to Eiran!"
Your fame precedes you.
Nou aru taka wa tsume wo kakusu
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Good to have you back, Lore.

Though I have to ask, did someone drop out?
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Oh...I am so excited!

This is going to get interesting.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Syl wrote:Good to have you back, Lore.

No, nobody dropped out (at least that I know of)... I allowed Nor to come back in for several reasons, thus increasing the number of gods to 20; if somebody drops out, you'll be informed immediately (so you can bring in your friend, right?).
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Menolly wrote:This is going to get interesting.
Do you mean things haven't been interesting for you so far in this game? ;)
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Damelon wrote:
Menolly wrote:This is going to get interesting.
Do you mean things haven't been interesting for you so far in this game? ;)
*blushing*

Please do not put words into my mouth, High L-rd. Things have been quite interesting, thank you. Stressful, but interesting.

I just believe with two of the line of Bhakti as part of the current Pantheon, that there are some good stories ahead with Nor Yekith's return.

(and cho is no longer the only deity returned from the Second Age)
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

OGC, you make an assumption that Calais has a problem with Nor Yekith and is immediately at odds with him because of an argument with bhakti.

Welcome back, Lore. How long will you be staying? hehehehhe

(sorry, I just couldn't resist a little teasing, heh).
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Calais wrote:OGC, you make an assumption that Calais has a problem with Nor Yekith and is immediately at odds with him because of an argument with bhakti.
*was speaking OoC, mi'Lady*

I see the potential for good storylines. I think it would be fascinating for Calais to find common ground with Nor Yekith, despite her heritage. Good storylines does not imply they are automatically at odds with each other.

Nor Yekith's first post outright names cho a foe. I do not remember such being blatantly the case. Again, it will be interesting to see what storyline developes.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Having a fellow slitherer around will certainly be interesting. :twisted:
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Oh dear...
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Ah, I see. I just didn't understand why you singled out calais and zeph.

I think nor made it clear that everyone is his foe. heh.

Interesting stories to be sure.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Calais wrote:I think nor made it clear that everyone is his foe. heh.

Interesting stories to be sure.
Everyone from the Pantheon of the Second Age, anyway. Or, other than Queeaqueg, the majority of the old alliance. As of now, that's cho. And possibly, those of the line of Bhakti.
(although we have yet to hear if Dante Simjenson still lives on Eiran, or any of the other deific offspring of the Second Age)

We can only see what developes.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Well, Lore, I have a request: you are usually fairly quiet in the game thread. I for one, would appreciate more stories from you.

that goes for dorian as well. :)
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Rejoice, for the turn is 60% complete!

Cryptic hint #4: Someone claimed 3 - count 'em, 3 - cities in a single fell swoop!

Cryptic hint #5: an insane number of Orders, Brotherhoods and other organizations is sprouting up this turn... including the infamous Order of the Cudgel :P

Cryptic hint #6: Another city has been contested between two deities, though the means of contesting have been much different and no blood has been shed (yet). We still have one clear - if unlikely - winner there.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Wish I could believe the three cities were mine, but I don't think there's much chance of that, heh. I hope I haven't had any Orders or so on, though I can see how it might happen around places where I only acted indirectly this turn...
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Xar wrote:

No, nobody dropped out (at least that I know of)... I allowed Nor to come back in for several reasons, thus increasing the number of gods to 20; if somebody drops out, you'll be informed immediately (so you can bring in your friend, right?).
Honestly, I don't even know if he's still interested in playing. It's just that's now two exceptions made for other players. Not that it's all that important, but... *shrug*
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Syl wrote:
Xar wrote:

Honestly, I don't even know if he's still interested in playing. It's just that's now two exceptions made for other players. Not that it's all that important, but... *shrug*
Then may I suggest that you talk with this friend of yours and find out if he's still interested? I guess it won't create too many problems to add one last deity - bringing the total to 21 - since the processing time won't change too much.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Calais wrote:Well, Lore, I have a request: you are usually fairly quiet in the game thread. I for one, would appreciate more stories from you.

that goes for dorian as well. :)

Doesnt really suit my anti-god too well to post alot, plus im a pretty busy guy. but I do have ideas for stuff to post. Just gotta write it up
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Thanks, Xar. Sent an email off. We'll see.
-George Steiner

Return to “Pantheon”