Pantheon: The Third Age - Rules and Comments Thread

Moderator: Xar

Mynaesos
Woodhelvennin

Post by Mynaesos »

Both of Aarklar's game posts would've been in the turn submissions if they hadn't been posted. As it is, I should be able to get by with about a page.
“Borders are scratched across the hearts of men
by strangers with a calm, judicial pen,
and when the borders bleed we watch with dread
the lines of ink along the map turn red.”
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Mine ws about 700 words. I don't tend to write much prose when it's for Xar's eyes only.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

I would take the occasion to remind you all that turns should be sent at the pantheon.allfather e-mail address; for those of you who do not have it yet, or who have lost it, I have posted it at the beginning of the rules, the first post of this thread.
Please send turns only there - it makes things much easier if I don't have to sift through three e-mail addresses and the PM box in order to recover all turn orders ;)
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Is that the address you send out our turns from?
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

It is. I always just write mine as a reply to that (very convenient in GMail because of the threading).
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Murrin wrote:Mine ws about 700 words. I don't tend to write much prose when it's for Xar's eyes only.
So you are saying Xar isn't worth the effort? :?

:P ;)
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

The big questions is - who is gonna post tomorrow or Monday, and say, "Oops! I missed deadline! Sorry, folks. I'll send it to Xar in the next several hours."
:lol:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Rasion
Stonedownor

Post by Rasion »

Murrin wrote:Mine ws about 700 words. I don't tend to write much prose when it's for Xar's eyes only.
I tend to write mine like a book. I dunno, just the way I have always been. They usually turn out to be a thousand or two words.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I usually write enough so that my intention with the order is clear (occasionally extending it to specifically rule out any possible twists I can think of that Xar might throw at me :P), and give it only the barest dressing of story. When I can think of a way to do it better, I do, but most of my orders don't need it/I can't think of anything intersting for.
Rasion
Stonedownor

Post by Rasion »

When I do that, I get too easily bored. I guess I just have one of those 'problems' where I need to fill up as much as I can in order to appease myself. :lol:
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Telmag, just wanted to let you know I love this new avatar.
Rasion
Stonedownor

Post by Rasion »

Thank ya, o-gon. It is infact my holy symbol seeing as how the one that I had suddenly stopped working. I appreciate the liking of it though. :D
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Quite interesting entries so far, I think,

I am managing to find a bit of spare time to do a contest entry. I am roughly a third done (at least a spare 20 mins last night enabled me to be).

I just wanted to add a forewarning, assuming I am able to finish the entry in time. I am not going to spoiler tag the entry, as I don't think it's that strong but - the entry does have infanticide as a central event. If anyone has a problem with that (and the problem over-rules any context), then I would suggest skipping it.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Montresor wrote:Quite interesting entries so far, I think,

I am managing to find a bit of spare time to do a contest entry. I am roughly a third done (at least a spare 20 mins last night enabled me to be).

I just wanted to add a forewarning, assuming I am able to finish the entry in time. I am not going to spoiler tag the entry, as I don't think it's that strong but - the entry does have infanticide as a central event. If anyone has a problem with that (and the problem over-rules any context), then I would suggest skipping it.
infanticide might be a concern ... was is the past in an entry that Nor Yekith did. Certainly is in character with the type of deity you are playing. perhaps a spoiler tag is you don't think it destroys the mood of the piece would allow those those who are sensitive to such elements to enjoy the bulk of your writing without getting distressed over this part.

thanks for mentioning this ... shows sensitivity to your fellow players. *bows*
Unzen
Ramen

Post by Unzen »

Montresor wrote: I am not going to spoiler tag the entry, as I don't think it's that strong but - the entry does have infanticide as a central event.
You're not giving the Propaganda Ministry much to work with. They'll have to invent some juicier details about your followers! :P

Seriously though, it's good to give a warning. :)
Nou aru taka wa tsume wo kakusu
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

Murrin wrote:I usually write enough so that my intention with the order is clear (occasionally extending it to specifically rule out any possible twists I can think of that Xar might throw at me :P), and give it only the barest dressing of story. When I can think of a way to do it better, I do, but most of my orders don't need it/I can't think of anything intersting for.
I'm with Murrin. When it comes to the turns, I tend to write it more like a strategy submission than a story, unless there is specific back story that needs explaining.

All my prose goes to the game thread.
From a single Acorn, a mighty Oak
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Unzen wrote: You're not giving the Propaganda Ministry much to work with. They'll have to invent some juicier details about your followers! :P
Haha. Don't worry. They'll have plenty of juicy details soon enough.
Tawhiri-matea wrote: I'm with Murrin. When it comes to the turns, I tend to write it more like a strategy submission than a story, unless there is specific back story that needs explaining.
More or less the same. I use the orders as the only time I will ever do a first person perspective write-up of Eztlicoatl. It's in the style of his plans, but I keep it as brief as it needs to be - which is why the length of mine surprised me.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

It's the waiting that kills me.

I want to be a ten DRP god NOW, dammat. :D :P
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

ya need a LOT of followers for THAT! :P
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Not to mention the AllFather says right in the rules this time that high ranking deities will be limited this Age. As the rules state, there are only so many followers to go around.

...go get 'em, boyz...

Return to “Pantheon”