How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

My back is in a lot of pain. Can't sleep much.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
thefirst
The Gap Into Spam

Post by thefirst »

Sorry to hear you're not sleeping well, who knew my insomnia could be contagious?
Has anyone seen my keys?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

thefirst wrote:Sorry to hear you're not sleeping well, who knew my insomnia could be contagious?
Knew it was your fault. :| :lol:
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
thefirst
The Gap Into Spam

Post by thefirst »

Might as well be, I'll take the blame at any rate. :P I do hope you start feeling better though. :bestwishes:
Has anyone seen my keys?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

thefirst wrote:Might as well be, I'll take the blame at any rate. :P I do hope you start feeling better though. :bestwishes:
|G Thanks, thefirst.
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

danlo wrote:I feel very confused. I thought about putting this post in The Inner Garden and going off on a long discourse that would drive the moderators crazy and no one would pay attention to anyway. :wink: I guess my horoscope was right= you are heading into uncharted territory where even friends, teachers and guides can't help you.. .
One thing I really admire about you is how you are always striving to become a better person. :D

Chrysalis
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Chrysalis »

Loremaster wrote:My back is in a lot of pain. Can't sleep much.
I can empathise with the back pain.
I hope it lets up soon!

I currently have the same problem except its my back and shoulder.
"-People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes."
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

pain sucks. Hope y'all feel better.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

I have to open tommorrow for the first time, so I'm feeling pre-tired. : ]

On the other hand, I get the whole afternoon off tomorrow, so that's nice.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

tell ya what: when I started doing back strengthening exercises it changed my life considerably! I used to get chronic back (lower back) and shoulder pain. Strengthening stomach muscles and also doing some light weights (only 2kg ones) seems to have fixed that. The pain flares up once in a while still but it's no longer a day-to-day thing.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Thanks, everyone!

Feeling better!
Chrysalis
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Chrysalis »

Seareach wrote:tell ya what: when I started doing back strengthening exercises it changed my life considerably! I used to get chronic back (lower back) and shoulder pain. Strengthening stomach muscles and also doing some light weights (only 2kg ones) seems to have fixed that. The pain flares up once in a while still but it's no longer a day-to-day thing.
If I may ask, was it due to injury? I'd be curious to see which exercises you have been doing, especially for the shoulder and lower back. The physio I have been seeing keeps going on about pilates but I'm not one for the subtle little exercises she keeps suggesting.
"-People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes."
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Chrysalis wrote:
Seareach wrote:tell ya what: when I started doing back strengthening exercises it changed my life considerably! I used to get chronic back (lower back) and shoulder pain. Strengthening stomach muscles and also doing some light weights (only 2kg ones) seems to have fixed that. The pain flares up once in a while still but it's no longer a day-to-day thing.
If I may ask, was it due to injury? I'd be curious to see which exercises you have been doing, especially for the shoulder and lower back. The physio I have been seeing keeps going on about pilates but I'm not one for the subtle little exercises she keeps suggesting.
Well, the shoulder was due to prolonged incorrect posture while using the computer. I sat in a crap chair and always used to have my left foot on an open draw. tut tut. My first rib now pushes outwards (towards my front into my clavicle). Really, I need an operation. :P However...

The back problems are a product of three things: bulging disc due to my years working in a timber yard (and not lifting properly) and then a fall I had on a set of stairs (I slipped down and landed on my butt). And...um...the final "product" has to do with the size of my chest relative to the rest of my body (WACKO! :lol:).

I can email you details...but it's pretty straight forward: crunches and a few other exercises for abdominals (but any floor exercise I do I do on a padded surface--I use a thin mattress. If I don't and do it on a hard surface it really stuffs up my back). Then the weights are things like bicep curls and the like. Nothing too full on. I only use a 2kg hand weight. Only 20 reps (although I think at the start I was only doing reps of 5 because I had little strength in my arms). I've found that you start small and work your way up.

I have a friend who swears yoga is the way to go. He had similar back problems and yoga was the answer for him. :) I, however, need to feel like I'm really doing something!

Edit: Oh, and how do I feel today. God almighty! Pardon the language but I am JUST SO OVER this stupid girl who is a friend of one of my friends, who is a single mum and only 24...but who is a RIGHT ROYAL PAIN IN THE BUTT! She has called me over 10 times today!!! I want her to LEAVE ME ALONE! Tonight she rang me to ask me if I could ring our mutual friend and ask that mutual friend to ring her? Are you confused yet? I AM! WHY IS SHE RINGING ME!!! WHY CAN'T SHE RING OUR MUTUAL FRIEND HERSELF!?!? IF SHE CAN RING ME SHE CAN RING... <sigh> blooooddddyyyy hhhhhhhheeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll! I'm OVER it! Can you tell! :P
Chrysalis
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Chrysalis »

Seareach wrote: I have a friend who swears yoga is the way to go. He had similar back problems and yoga was the answer for him. :) I, however, need to feel like I'm really doing something!
I agree - I need to feel like I am actually doing soemthing! Give me a punch bag any day over a yoga class. Which I can’t do now anyways thanks to the shoulder. *grumbles about stupid accidents*
I also know how the chest department proportions can affect things – gotta love being female sometimes :roll:

If its not too much trouble I’d love to get more details on the exercises – I find it better to get tried and tested ones.

As for the friend – just ignore the phone for now – maybe she will get the message

How do I feel today? – not bad considering. I’m only working a half day so that makes all the difference. The b/f on the other had is running a fever and feels like death warmed up and has lost his voice so I’m trying to find ways to make him feel better.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Chrysalis wrote:I also know how the chest department proportions can affect things – gotta love being female sometimes :roll:
I think some of us need to hear more about this

in great detail

with pictures

pretty please?
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Chrysalis
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Chrysalis »

Cagliostro wrote:
Chrysalis wrote:I also know how the chest department proportions can affect things – gotta love being female sometimes :roll:
I think some of us need to hear more about this

in great detail

with pictures

pretty please?

8O :haha:

Oh really?? Well...show me yours and I'll...um...on second thoughts...
forward xx amount of cash to account number 847*** and I'll consider revisiting this comment again :P
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

It's Thursday. Just gotta make it through another day and a half at work and then it's gonna be boogie boarding for me this weekend. I know, I know I really need to get those shelves up and start organizing my books in the new place but hey, it's gonna be 76 degrees out. The ocean is calling me. :P
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Hami
Woodhelvennin

Post by Hami »

still near frost in germany ..and a lot of rain..
one thing that made me even feel worse was buying a new jeans..
who the hell wears "W24 L35"???????

I´m a litle proud of myself because i got to work today feeling so dizzy in the morning that i couldn´t really walk and yesterday with bad headache..

Best wishes to everyone wo is suffering today!
"Hölle und Verdammnis"
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

I feel aggravated. And I don't have time for it, I need to work and study. :(
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

I frankly do not know how to express how I feel. You know how that feels?
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage

Return to “General Discussion Forum”