Covenant is Lord Foul

Book 1 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderator: dlbpharmd

Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Funny thing while browsing this thread..

At the end of TPTP, Covenant is saved by anti-venom.
In the first book of the second trilogy he is infected with venom.

Has this though accured somewhere else?
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

I never noticed that. I guess I didn't pay much attention to how they saved his life in TPTP... so much else had just happened.
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

Intersting thought Ur dead. Perhaps there is some theme in the venom between the two worlds that needs to be explored.
"I would have gone to the thesaurus for a more erudite word."
-Hashi Lebwohl
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

MM.. another thought..

opps maybe not.. could be a spoiler..

Yea it is a spoiler.. .. better not post it then.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Knowing the mind of the master, helps not in the understanding of it. I bet SRD kicks his heels and giggles to himself every time he reads one of these, perhaps he monitors what we say so that in the end we will all be wrong.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Liand
Servant of the Land

Post by Liand »

I have wondered how the timeline of The Land would look in relation to Jeremiah's age. As in would the beginning of time for The Land correspond to roughly whenever Jeremiah was born in accelerated years?

If so, then I thought it would be a neat Final Chronicles ending if Jeremiah was really Lord Foul, an aspect of Jeremiah trying to escape The Land
Spoiler
(or in the real world, freeing himself from his autism)
and Linden had to face the choice of a) killing him to save the Land or b) sacrifice herself and The Land to let Jeremiah live in the real world
Spoiler
with the added benefit of not being autistic anymore.
Spoiler
Plus it would explain Foul's seeming immortality because Jeremiah, in his autistic state, visits The Land throughout his life in the real world.
(edit to create own possible spoiler masks)
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

Welcome to the Watch Liand!

While it's an interesting theory, it doesn't work. Jeremiah was about 5 at the time of the 2nd Chronicles, and so wasn't born until well after TC's first visits to the Land.

Other people have also tried to fit the timeline to Covenant's life... the Ritual of Desecration was the onset of his leprosy, etc. but it still doesn't fit well. Plus, SRD has said that he never thought about stuff like that.
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Foul cannot be TC... if he was the whole thing would have ended when his body died in this world, if foul was TCs despite then Lindens Despite should be a different being all together. she fought Covenants Despite or was it her own? its all real and there is no mental psychosis or underlying darkness of someones mind creating a metaphoric Foul. he is real and had control of other characters like joan and roger before LA even Knew what was starting in this new series, unless you argue that because they were linked by marriage and blood that Lord Foul was able to infect them like a virus keeping the hate alive with an active goal.

thats the part i dont understand..the first chronicles i could go with the...hes TCs dark side showing its teeth...but once he came back with no TC...it changed everything for me on that score.

Return to “The Runes of the Earth”