Predictions

Book 2 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, Seareach

Unfettered One
<i>Elohim</i>

Predictions

Post by Unfettered One »

Here's what I see happening now.

Linden becomes a new type of forrestal. This is based on her interaction with Caerroil Wildwood, and the question he asks her to seek an answer to.

Anele is the Creator. He has entered by way of something like what Mr. Broken supposed with the balloon and tape analogy.

Liand is a new type of Lord.

Any comments on these? Any predictions of your own? Let's hear them.
Ethical axioms are found and tested not very differently from the axioms of science. Truth is what stands the test of experience. - Albert Einstein

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Liand I believe will become the new High Lord.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Hellbinder
Servant of the Land

Post by Hellbinder »

Have you guys seen the Anime Series RahXephon?

I think we are headed to something similar to that. There is no way to undo the damage that has been done. The only way to go forward is a new or renewed creation.

As has been mentioned before. TC, Linden, Jerimiah, Anele. together could acomplish some sort of new earth or reboot of the creation and imprision LF for a long time. perhaps eons.
earthbrah
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by earthbrah »

I don't see Linden as a good candidate for becoming a new Forestal. I'd more say that Anele fits that description better, seeing as he is Sunder and Hollian's son and they used the Staff, which was his until he lost it, to grow Salva Gildenborne.
"Verily, wisdom is like hunger. Perhaps it is a very fine thing--but who would willingly partake of it."
--Saltheart Foamfollower

"Latency--what is concealed--is the demonstrable presence of the future."
--Jean Gebser
Fullmetal660
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Fullmetal660 »

I agree that anele is the most likely to be a new forestal as his parents were forestals (not official but as good as). Theres no way he's gonna turn out to be the creator. Maybe the creator will reveal himself through anele via possession, but I thinks thats as close as were gonna get to meeting him.
sweetbread
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by sweetbread »

Maybe he's Hile Troy?? He was in the womb when the Law of Life was broken and Hile Troy was killed. I had thought that maybe the creator has used that time to enter the Land (thinking it was the Law of Life and the Law of Death that prevented him from entering), but it would make more sense for Anele to NOT be the Creator...

Hile Troy does make some sense. He died when Anele was brought back to life. And Anele was inept enough to LOSE the Staff of Law....the Creator never would have done that.

What if Lord Foul IS the Creator?? Perhaps he imprisoned himself in the Land by creating it...

I love these forums! ;-)
emotional leper wrote:Is bad-assness not a most puissant power, Ninjaboy?
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Here's a prediction, this story is gonna end , and not everyone is going to be happy with the outcome, but regardless of all that the one thing that I am positive of is that whatever SRD decides is not inevitable, its eventual.
Wide Eyed Stupid
finn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by finn »

Fantasy is by nature "romantic" with the heroic triumphing over evil and winning the damsel. It is debatable whether you'd call the Chronicles pure fantasy and SRD is hardly a mainstream fantasist, but the first two chronicles 'resolved' to a happy ending and thus, apart from some potential black mood of SRDs, I'd expect a similar resolution to this chronicle and the series as a whole.

So what would be such an outcome, ideally I suppose it would be Covenant and Linden together in some manner either back in the real world (unlikely but not impossible) or transcended. There is often a sad note to accompany such outcomes, contrasting the happiness, the sweet with the sour: this may involve the kids. I'd see Jeremiah coming into his own in some way and then going his own way and Roger of course killed, perhaps with an herioc twist, a last gasp turn to goodness. This would provide the sad backdrop for the heroic leads. Another thought was that Roger and Jeremiah go back to the beginning of the Land and become Foul and the Creator respectively.

The future of the land would be assured as a veritable Eden, whilst its peoples would have a manageable quest (like the wards) to learn and provide a basis of fellowship. The Haruchai would be taught a new lesson which allow them to grow but then they'd choose not to. Naturally the end game would mean taking out the bad guy(s) and I could see the paradox working its way into the bad guys being the good guys all along theme. Roger becomes Fouls but is redeemed?

Just thoughts.....
"Winston, if you were my husband I'd give you poison" ................ "Madam, if you were my wife I would drink it!"

"Terrorism is war by the poor, and war is terrorism by the rich"

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well."

"The opposite of pro-life isn't pro-death. Y'know?"

"What if the Hokey Cokey really is what its all about?"
Damack
Servant of the Land

Post by Damack »

Mr. Broken wrote:Liand I believe will become the new High Lord.
That's too easy. Liand's the only one in the Land outside of the Masters & Ramen that knows anything about Earthpower. So naturally the Sunder-type of role will befall him once everyone leaves.

It had passed my mind as well that Anele is the Creator in disguise.

Stave bites the big one. Such is the plight of the Haruchai. Also, because he has no home to return to so what's left when their fight with Foul ends?

The Harrow dies in a big conflagration from either TC or Linden. There's only one kind of rendering for his kind in SRD's narrative.

Roger and TC have it out. Probably somewhere in Gravin Threndor.

Joan gets rendered with whatever Raver is inside her (can't remember which).

Probably all but one of the Humbled perish as well. Again, such is their plight.

TC dies again. This time forever.

Those are my predictions. I hope I'm wrong with all of them or a lot of them.
Stutty
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Stutty »

Anele becomes the Creator
Linden and TC become the original Staff of Law.

cryptic, and can't back it up.. more to come after AATE.

stutt
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1001001 = ASC(73) = "I"
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

We will finally hear the tale of Thelma Twofist and how she tamed Bahgoon the Unbearable. It will hold the key to the Land's salvation, and for TC, the "answer to death" he searches for; and for Linden, the answer to life she needs.

:D
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
AjK
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Standing in the dark. Watching you glow. Lifting a receiver ...

Post by AjK »

Uninformed, poorly thought out predictions on my part:

1. I feel that Anele (and his internal Earthpower) will have something to do with ridding the Land of Kevin's Dirt, with an option on becoming the Forestal of Salva Gildenborne.

2. A gallant hero's death for Stave. That or he becomes the guardian of the newly found One Tree and plays a key role in stopping LA from awakening the worm.

3. I end up babbling like Anele after having to wait years for the next book.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Linden will create a new Arch.
Jeremiah will create an Earth within it.
Anele will become the forestal/stonestal/earthestal of the new Creation.
Liand will become it's High Lord.
Everyone who was sucked up by a ceasure will dwell there.
Beauty and Truth shall not have passed utterly.
The existing Earth shall die.
Covenant will sacrifice himself to ensure that Foul remains trapped and dies, too.
Linden will sacrifice herself to make sure the new Creation gets completed before the old one is gone.
Jeremiah will return to his real world before he gets killed.
Joan will die insane, helping to destroy the old Creation.
Roger will be swallowed by the Worm.
Stave will realize that the Haruchai should serve themselves.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I can go with that. |V
fall far and well Pilots!
Beyondthebreach
Stonedownor

Post by Beyondthebreach »

- Longwrath will slay Joan
- Roger will inherit/claim Joan's ring
- Anele will read from the oldest stone (in the Lost Deep) the true history and discover that the Worm and Elohim are integral to each other and because the Elohim choose to leave that relationship and have individual "freedom" the Worm has been in danger of awakening.
- Jeremiah will create a "prison" for the Elohim which will also serve to forever quiet the Worm of the World's End.
- Roger (who has Joan's ring) and Foul will be manacled together (by the ur-vile manacles) and bound within the Arch of Time (by Linden and Covenant) , which will renew it's strength and form a prison for Foul from which even he can never escape.
- Linden, Covenant and Jeremiah will live happily ever after in the Land.
- Hopefully, Covenant will do some cool stuff too, but it has been so long since he's been around, I almost forget he is a character . :wink:
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

wayfriend wrote:Linden will create a new Arch.
Jeremiah will create an Earth within it.
Anele will become the forestal/stonestal/earthestal of the new Creation.
Liand will become it's High Lord.
Stave will realize that the Haruchai should serve themselves.
Wayfriend I like what you are saying and I can see it happening all you points are strong we just have to wait and see.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

wayfriend wrote: Jeremiah will return to his real world before he gets killed.
But he's already "killed", right?
SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

Covenant will only do one thing in the remaining novels. The only thing he really needs to do.
Handle Roger.
But not like you think.
He is going to put Roger over his knee and give him the spanking he so richly deserves.
And when he realizes that his halfhand spanking isn't getting through, he's going to put roger on his OTHER knee, and really give it to him.
Then he's going to send that punk out to get his own switch.
You'll see.
Do, or do not. There is no try.
I think you like me because I'm a scoundrel.
Irishman and Gamecock fan
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

Thomas Covenant goes back in time, becomes The Creator and the whole cycle starts over again.
Brasidas
Giantfriend

Post by Brasidas »

Linden Avery wakes up and hears the shower running...
Rabbitohs win the Grand Final.
Only one of these events involve ludicrous dream sequences.
Always on Topic

"If they give you lined paper, write the other way."
Miguel De Unamuno

Return to “Fatal Revenant”