Mix and Match

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Thome
Servant of the Land

Mix and Match

Post by Thome »

Has anyone ever just for fun imagined their favourite fantasy characters in one anothers' worlds?

It's sort of a fun thing I used to do when I was studying writing. For example if you switch Hamlet and Othello you get a totally different story; Hamlet sees through Iago and makes him jump through hoops, while Othello just runs into the feasting hall and slices Claudius in two.

In a similar way it's fun to imagine Druss the Legend leading the defenses at the Siege of Revelstone, or Jamie Lannister leading the quest for the Staff of Law. Ah, well, it's maybe a little silly but I sometimes have fun with this.

The one person it would be hard on would be Thomas Covenant. Without being in the Land, he's just a writer with leprosy.
Coercri
Stonedownor

Post by Coercri »

What a fun idea, I imagine Foamfollower & King Joyce would have gotten on quite famously :D
Seeker of Truth
Ramen

Re: Mix and Match

Post by Seeker of Truth »

Thome wrote:Has anyone ever just for fun imagined their favourite fantasy characters in one anothers' worlds?

It's sort of a fun thing I used to do when I was studying writing. For example if you switch Hamlet and Othello you get a totally different story; Hamlet sees through Iago and makes him jump through hoops, while Othello just runs into the feasting hall and slices Claudius in two.

In a similar way it's fun to imagine Druss the Legend leading the defenses at the Siege of Revelstone, or Jamie Lannister leading the quest for the Staff of Law. Ah, well, it's maybe a little silly but I sometimes have fun with this.

The one person it would be hard on would be Thomas Covenant. Without being in the Land, he's just a writer with leprosy.
Druss leading the defense of Revelstone....hmmmm I can see Druss marching out and taking all three Giant Ravers and kicking their a****s !!

Would love to see Terry Pratchett type character (Rincewind?) lead the quest for the Staff of Law!! :biggrin:
Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Re: Mix and Match

Post by Marv »

Seeker of Truth wrote:
Thome wrote:Has anyone ever just for fun imagined their favourite fantasy characters in one anothers' worlds?

Druss leading the defense of Revelstone....hmmmm I can see Druss marching out and taking all three Giant Ravers and kicking their a****s !!

Would love to see Terry Pratchett type character (Rincewind?) lead the quest for the Staff of Law!! :biggrin:
:lol:

Foul confronting a very angry and pissed off Luggage! 8O
It'd take you a long time to blow up or shoot all the sheep in this country, but one diseased banana...could kill 'em all.

I didn't even know sheep ate bananas.
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

yeah....i wonder what Lord Mhoram and Roland of Gilead would have to talk about.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

I had fun putting my Watch namesake (a character from McCaffrey's Pern) into the Plains of Ra when I presented myself for my Ranyhyn in the Hopeful Riders thread.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

We're veering dangerously close to fan fiction territory here people. :-) These notions exist in other locations here on the Watch (please don't ask me where).

I could do 10 pages on what a Krill powered Mhoram would do in the company of Gandalf the White. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Seeker of Truth
Ramen

Post by Seeker of Truth »

Foul versus The Luggage!! :lol:

I know who my Anhk-Morporkian dollars would be on!!

How about Conan the Barbarian versus any of the Giant ravers??
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

How about Sorus and Covenant trading places.

Would Cov have accepted the offer fromthe Amnion? (The Cov from the First Chronicles may have)

Would Sorus have netertained an offer from Foul, only hopping to stick it to him in the end?
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
Thome
Servant of the Land

Post by Thome »

Conan would probably do awesomely--but would probably be tormented by being in the Land. After all, there's no taverns, no saucy wenches, no loot--what's a mercenary to do!
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

Conan would certainly head for Bhrathair at the first opportunity...
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”