Gollancz to publish an omnibus of first two Gap novels?

The Gap Into Online Internet Conversation

Moderators: Cord Hurn, Cagliostro

The Dreaming
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Dreaming »

I WAS talking about the Youll art. It perfectly evokes that old fashioned 50 cent pulp sci-fi cover, (I inherited [stole] a lot of them from my grandmother, who is a huge sci-fi nut.) while simultaneously evoking a lot of the extreme darkness of the content. :) That and the fact that the artist clearly *read* the novels, and painted actual scenes. (Very cool!)
ItisWritten
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by ItisWritten »

The best I can say about the new artwork is that it gave me a push to go buy FK in hardback with the original artwork (only TRS in paperback now). I certainly don't want what looks like a cheap, photo-shopped cover.

BTW, outside of Earth in TDAGD, I can't think of a single planet or moon that was even in the Gap--yet they put one on every cover?
ItisWritten
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

ItisWritten wrote:...what looks like a cheap, photo-shopped cover.
That exactly describes my impression. Even some simple dark-colored theme would be better. I would not buy a book with a cover like that, it looks like a cheap textbook from the 70's. Even a yellow-gold ring would've been better ;-)
ItisWritten wrote:BTW, outside of Earth in TDAGD, I can't think of a single planet or moon that was even in the Gap--yet they put one on every cover?
Q.E.D.
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Holsety »

ItisWritten wrote:The best I can say about the new artwork is that it gave me a push to go buy FK in hardback with the original artwork (only TRS in paperback now). I certainly don't want what looks like a cheap, photo-shopped cover.

BTW, outside of Earth in TDAGD, I can't think of a single planet or moon that was even in the Gap--yet they put one on every cover?
In the omnibuses there are "side story tours" where Morn and co go on tours of the newest, hottest planets that tourists are visiting!!!!
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Well, that's disappointing.

I was hoping for people, or at least interesting - and relevant - space scenes. :?

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

uh, a little off topic, and only because I saw the new cover art for The gap series (ik), did SRD drop the "R" from his published name?
~...with a floating smile and a light blue sponge...~
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I believe he's always been known as "Stephen Donaldson" in Great Britain. Check out the UK covers for all his other books.
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

ahhhh... K, thanks.
:)
~...with a floating smile and a light blue sponge...~

Return to “The Gap Series”