Win Wayfriend's Money

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

We can always complain. Like a man with a million dollars in the bank complaining about the parking fee. Like a bird on a wire. Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free.

Oh, sorry, I got lost.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

For the record, I love that song, Cag.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Cagliostro wrote:We can always complain. Like a man with a million dollars in the bank complaining about the parking fee.
Which made me think of "The sea was angry that day, my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." [link]
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Confiding in her, he exposed his soul like a man streaking through a church full of nuns.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

dlb's is my favorite. Hilarious in an understated way.

Kirk viewed the unfair choices before him like an armless man caught between an unclothed Vulcan and a virgin Triskelion she-warrior.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Thomas grunted his reply like a man on the toilet of the holding pen where he had last been arrested.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
AjK
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Standing in the dark. Watching you glow. Lifting a receiver ...

Post by AjK »

dlbpharmd wrote:Confiding in her, he exposed his soul like a man streaking through a church full of nuns.
Great. Like I needed a new nightmare to have...
... nobody I know.
DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

(Don't want to break from the recurring theme)

Brother Charn exited the darkened bathroom, leaving the toilet seat in the 'up' position, like a man who wished to spend his last moments on earth laughing in the face of butt-wet Wrath.

dw
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Wayfriend cringed at the crude toilet humor, like a man with gut cramps peeking into a gas station restroom.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

wayfriend wrote:Wayfriend cringed at the crude toilet humor, like a man with gut cramps peeking into a gas station restroom.
Best one yet! :lol:
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:As he comtemplated the consequences of Linden's actions he grimaced painfully, like a man straining to evacuate his bowels the morning after having eaten an entire block of tillamook cheddar cheese.
This is indeed funny, but my friends, I ask you: how many of us know what tillamook cheddar cheese really is? Is this the kind of elitist, out of touch person that we would like to win this election? We're in a struggle for our future, like a man standing in the dairy section of the local supermarket, trying to decide between the store brand cheddar and Kraft's.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

dlbpharmd wrote:This is indeed funny, but my friends, I ask you: how many of us know what tillamook cheddar cheese really is?
I do.

CJ has my vote! I LOVE cheese!
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Sgt. Null stared at the blank quick reply box like a starving man staring at a plate of haggis...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

sgt.null wrote:Sgt. Null stared at the blank quick reply box like a starving man staring at a plate of haggis...
This one I like a lot - it is honest, funny, and nauseating all at the same time. :D
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Good one, Sarge!

Not knowing what else to do, Donaldson launched into the Elohimfest Q&A with nervous bravado, like a man who realized he had left his pride and dignity in his other coat pocket.
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

matrixman wrote:Not knowing what else to do, Donaldson launched into the Elohimfest Q&A with nervous bravado, like a man who realized he had left his pride and dignity in his other coat pocket.
I don't know why, but I really like this one.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Finding no new posts at KevinsWatch to read, dlb felt forlorn, like a man whose wife had just left him, and took the dog to boot.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

dlbpharmd wrote:
Cameraman Jenn wrote:As he comtemplated the consequences of Linden's actions he grimaced painfully, like a man straining to evacuate his bowels the morning after having eaten an entire block of tillamook cheddar cheese.
This is indeed funny, but my friends, I ask you: how many of us know what tillamook cheddar cheese really is? Is this the kind of elitist, out of touch person that we would like to win this election? We're in a struggle for our future, like a man standing in the dairy section of the local supermarket, trying to decide between the store brand cheddar and Kraft's.
Hang out more in The Galley, and we'll learn ya... ;)
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

A few hours left ...
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

The announcement of this week's winner has been delayed due to unknown difficulties. We look forward to the decision with great anticipation, like a man with 12 kids looks forward to his vasectomy.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”