Pantheon - The Third Age - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Bel wrote:And while you hint and speak of action, I simply take it.

My work has begun in truth.
I simply share my thinking about my Domains and role with my brothers and sisters. I do not hint at anything.

However, I am pleased that you are so interested in me that you study my every word. *bows deeply* I am honored, brother.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

To all,

I made my position fairly clear in the beginning. Lately, I have told you of my domain's weaknesses. Perhaps foolishly, but my goal was to help everyone understand why I am adamant in my stance. Which, again, is:

The Forests are mine. I will not be forbidden access to any Forest. (Other than Magni and Modi, if Eztlicoatl agrees to my terms.) I may or may not have a significant number of followers, any follower of significant power, or much of a personal presence, in any given Forest. I will allow anyone's followers in any of the Forests outside of Shaldir. Your people (or whatever your followers are) can even have settlements in them, whether I have much of a presence or following in that particular Forest or not. But even if I do not have a presence or following to speak of in a given Forest, I will peer into it and/or have my Prophet or other agents check things out from time to time.

Eztlicoatl,

Despite all of that, I did allow you exclusive rights to Magni and Modi. As I've said, when we first arrived, I believed we all deserved a place to call our own. Since your primary race is Jungle-dwellers, it's only natural your place would be a Jungle. Fine, you got both of them on Malyth.

But, honestly, enough's enough.

A Forest without Sunlight is... Well, such a thing cannot be, eh? At least not in the traditional sense. Which, so far, is the only kind of Forest I've been dealing in. Therefore, it is, at the very least, pragmatic for Forests to have respect for, and be willing to work with, the God of the Sun. I have done both.

It is likewise pragmatic for one whose followers are indigenous to Jungles to have respect for, and be willing to work with, the God of Forests. We could nit-pick over the various communications we have had in the past, calling some things a willingness on your part to work with me, even if nothing hinted at respect.

However, your declaration that you are taking over yet another Forest, forbidding me the slightest presence in it, and refusing to so much as allow me to safely remove my followers from it, cannot, by any stretch of the imagination, be considered a willingness to work with me. They are not even much in the way of peaceful coexistence.

I hope my imminent demonstration is sufficient to show you that our relationship is not as one-sided as you think. Yes, I have struck the first blow. I care not in the least whether anyone or everyone condemns me for it. The only other course of action you left me was to roll over and let you take my domain from me piece by piece, not even allowing me to ensure my followers are safe each time. What idiocy. You can determine the fate of the Forests and my followers when you pry them from my cold, dead branches.

And yes, I expect that will be the outcome. (Calais will likely appreciate the boost, sweet sister that she is.) I do not delude myself into thinking that I can stand up to you and your friends for any length of time. So be it. I will be killed while using my domain as I see fit, not while watching you take it from me unopposed. So it is War. (uKulwa will likely appreciate the boost.) You can take the Sun away from my Forests, or burn them. Your allies can send Mutagens, or Storms, or ...I don't know... shoot huge cannons. Whatever you think I have not prepared for. And, before I die, I will ensure no follower of yours will ever enter any Forest again without extreme effort, and die horribly if they do. And any cultivated Wood your followers touch will turn to dust. And anything else I can think of that I think you haven't prepared for. If this is the course you desire, simply say so, or say nothing. You were never particularly kind, and, considering how much I expect this will anger you, nothing less than an Oath to the Allfather will convince me that you do not want War.

However, I would rather live. No, not on the terms you have been demanding; but in general. And I hope you want your followers to be able to enjoy the Jungles and Forests, and use products made of Wood. So it is my sincere hope that you will consider "allowing" me to act in my own domain, and we can put all this behind us. If so, I will use your power, and even some of my own, to restore Magni and Modi to their former states, allow your followers back in, and return them to your exclusive control. And, as has always been the case, like everyone else's followers, yours will be welcome in all Forests outside of Shaldir. If you wish Peace (Bel will likely appreciate the boost.), let me know before we act again, and we can take Oaths to it. My Oath will be to return Magni and Modi to your exclusive control. Yours will be to make no future attempts to hinder me in any Forest, and to not attempt and/or aid any retribution against me because of all this. I have not come up with specific words to these Oaths, because I know the likelihood that you will want Peace or take an Oath to the Allfather. But if you surprise me, we can work out the details.

I await your (and, of course, Nor Yekith's :roll:) response.
Eztlicoatl
Stonedownor

Post by Eztlicoatl »

If you are so keen for your annihilation I shall give it to you.

I have never dictated to any other religion on Eiran that they need to pay any price to use the Sun. Only those who accept my one true faith have been made to sacrifice to me, in order to receive the benefits of my love. Likewise, I have never harmed 'your' forests, except in the manner I told you was necessary for the renewal of my capital city. Your followers would have been allowed to leave, providing they did so without carrying holy symbols or preaching their gutter-faith. I never would have harmed the so-called Cook's Wood, had you merely kept your interests from my continents.

This I offer you, in spite of your own admitted aggression against me: I will not cut a single tree down without replanting two more, nor will I carve new cities within the jungles, or send my faithful into their depths. Since you demand, with astounding greed and rapacity, that everyone respects every leaf and nut in 'your' lands, I make this demand - If you wish to feel the benefit of my sunlight, you must sacrifice three thousand of your followers to me every season. They will be burn't, and you may use their ashes as fertiliser. Do this, and I will renounce any claim to any tree.

I do not need to hear your response to know that you will once more act the aggrieved party, pretend that you have been forced to act with un-called for aggression, and that you will refuse my generosity. So be it.

Eiran is filled with beings who thirst for your destruction, and it seems they shall have it. After your attack, your existence will be brief. The continent of Shaldir, where the greater part of your sinful atavists dwell shall be gifted with twenty-four hours of sunlight. They shall never again know the night, and for half of every day, they will bear the full beauty of two suns. It will not be long before your precious trees wither and die. This will not be enough. I will take measures so that not a blade of grass will ever grow where your forests once were. I cannot speak for what my allies will do to you, but expect their actions to be just as merciless.

Never forget, your hubris has brought this end.
Eugen Razvan
Giantfriend

Post by Eugen Razvan »

Zephyr,
I finally grow weary of your games. Let it be known that had you acted in good faith towards my allies, keeping your word and not making unnecessary demands, the Eclipse alliance would have shown to you our beneficence. Instead, you whine and lie like that pathetic tree I knew that was your father.

I will not spend an age arguing with you. My orders to my ambassadors are thus:
1. Do not countenance the words of Zephyr or his followers.
2. Cease all economic dealings with his nation.
3. Deny entry of his people into the Beautiful Domain of Nor Yekith, and execute or mutate his people if they will not obey this order.
4. Cease all diplomatic dealings with Zephyr's nation and religion.

Zephyr, we are not are war. But we are imminently at war. Eztlicoatl spoke of twin suns scouring your lands. I speak of another sun damaging your lands - the sun of Malice. Do not imagine that I will not follow through with such an act; I am fully prepared to use all available power to mutate every living thing in your lands.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

I go to sleep and wake up to this!

*Shakes head*

Zeph, I always knew you for a fool. Your demands force my hand too. Not only have your actions wreaked havoc from the skies from the god of the Sun but now from the very earth beneath your .....roots. Buy tweaking our noses, you have doomed yourself and your precious Shaldir to obliteration.

Not one tree will be left standing.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

*sighs* such a waste of Life being contemplated. I am saddened.
Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

And, before I die, I will ensure no follower of yours will ever enter any Forest again without extreme effort, and die horribly if they do. And any cultivated Wood your followers touch will turn to dust. And anything else I can think of that I think you haven't prepared for.
While there is much I find despicable in these petty arguments, this in particular I cannot countenance. Should you choose upon your death to gift, in spite, such hostile nature upon the forests of this world, then they shall be eradicated. I care not against whom such a curse is directed, it is abomination.

You will know the truth of my word when you witness what remains of the Twisted Lands in my wake.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Oh, you're all so wonderful!!

*laughs*

Especially you, Cal. I regret every time I stopped the neighborhood boys from putting bugs in your hair.

Bel, my feeling is that an Eiran without Forests would not be a healthy Eiran. But when I am gone, do as you will.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Oh, you're all so wonderful!!

*laughs*
You laugh at your own destruction and the destruction of every tree. Mox must have been playing in your forests. Although I am sure you are a deity who would happily sacrifice yourself for your domain and call it noble when it is in fact, sheer stupidity. You cannot protect your trees if you are not alive.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Nor can I protect them by letting Eztlicoatl take them over and not allow me a presence in them. :lol: No, if I will lose my domain, followers, and life, it will be fighting.

And, again, Bel, I can't help but wonder how eradicating the Forests after I am gone will serve the cause of Peace.
Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

You speak of a healthy Eiran; I would hardly consider an Eiran where the very forests strike out in violence against those who enter them as healthy. Should you leave as your legacy on this world trees that hold within them an innate violence against certain peoples, then they shall be destroyed.

If the forests cannot be peaceful, then there shall be no forests.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Bel wrote:You speak of a healthy Eiran; I would hardly consider [] Eiran ... healthy...
You finally see brother!! The AllFather's failure is apparent to more! I have come to believe that the reason he hides in the mists is that he is ashamed of how poorly he has discharged his duty to a build a world that encourages Life! Perhaps you and I can discuss appropriate remedies!
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Ah, I understand, Bel. Still, the process of eradicating the Trees and wiping out the Tree Elders is not likely to be Peaceful, is it? And there could be very Warlike consequences. But, as I said, if I am Dead, I will likely not whine about your actions.

Although, if anyone can whine while Dead, it is likely to be a Bhakti, eh?
Brid
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Brid »

Brid will support the leafy one. Poor Zephyr has not found comfort within Sunset, nor within Sunrise, and the ranks of Eclipse are certainly closed to a son of Bhakti. Now Eclipse persecute ....

He attacked them! He knows the laws of their alliance! He's the fool, not Mox! Why should I get involved?

Let the war commence. They will learn not to make outcasts of a god!

(gritted teeth) Brid will .... help protect ..... Zephyr, as long as .... Brid's dogma is followed. Brid's teaching insists that those who are persecuted, do NOT respond with aggression.

He's already attacked them!

It is the future that matters to Brid. Does Zephyr want Brid's help?
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Brid,

I am surprised and honored. *bow* I will contact you privately, in order to better understand your offer. Any help I get would likely be negated if the Eclipse Alliance knows of its Nature, after all.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Brid...

As the negotiator for this particular agreement in the Court, I say thus to you...
Ware the agreement which is still active in the Court for at least another year.
Your dogma appears to keep to the letter of the agreement.
But tread cautiously...
Brid
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Brid »

I will tread wherever I wish!

Know, Belighted One, that Brid will not - cannot - attack, or support an attack, on any of Zephyr's persecutors. The reason for this has nothing whatsoever to do with Sunrise or any negotiations. It is simply Brid.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Brother uKulwa, I have just received this report:
... zealots continue their attacks and now launched a campaign of epuration against the followers of uKulwa! Angry mobs lynch the unbelievers and burn them at the stake, destroying houses and property with abandon in order to find the heretics!
My apologies! *deep bow* Such actions are unacceptable!!! These zealots do not merit the gift of Life! By your leave, brother, I will REMOVE Life from them!!!

I grow tired of this defect in the AllFather design for this world. Let it be know now, brothers and sisters, that such zealots and schismatics of mine will have Life's gift taken from them!! And any of you who would like me to provide the same service for you, let any of my Paragon's know. We will assist you in eradicating those who NEVER should have lived in the first place!!
Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

Let it be known Brothers, Sisters, Uncle, One God, Non-God, AllFather, and Tooth Fairy. The city of Martovan shall hence forth be known as Asylum. Any person upon Eiran that seeks refuge shall be welcome in to Asylum and be under the proper care of my followers. Also, every Thursday is Dwarrow Ale Day.
Embracing me is to embrace the true way your mind works. Let yourself not be hindered by the false.
Eugen Razvan
Giantfriend

Post by Eugen Razvan »

Zephyr,
I will have you bow before me. Grovel at my feet like an insect. Beg for mercy like a slave. Do this and know my beneficence.

Return to “Pantheon”