The Worm and the theomach

Book 2 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, Seareach

Aleksandr
Giantfriend

Post by Aleksandr »

And when SRD, also in the GI, says "The Theomach won't be in the story any more" -- you have to know, through a similar line of reason, that he may mean that the Guardian is technically not the Theomach any more, and the Guardian might very well show up in the story.

I think there's a high likelihood that Brinn-Guardian will be showing up. Linden knows the name of the Guardian in his older Insequent guise; the Guardian knows something about he Worm; and Brinn told his former companions at the Sile of the One Tree:
But I am not dead to life and use. Good will come of it when there is need.
Certainly nothing in WGW points to Brinn fulfilling that promise. IMO, this is something SRD planned for the Third Chronicles all along.
ninjaboy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by ninjaboy »

Well I suppose this is a WWWWRFO (wait, wait, wait, wait RFO). And I always wondered why the Haruchai would cause Esmer's Havoc.. What exact 'havoc' he was referring to. It could even be something he himself forsees that he must do.
Forgive my death.
It was my flesh that failed you, not my love.
The Seventh Ward
Servant of the Land

Post by The Seventh Ward »

How exactly do you know that when Esmer talked about because of the Hurachi there will be much havoc, or whatever, that he wasn't talking about his one half of himself? Or, could he have been talking about Cail? The actions that Cail did, made Esmer. So if Esmer made havoc, wouldn't that be caused because of Cail in some weird down the line way.

Also, what have the masters of the land done? They have effectivlly rendered the people of the land uselles in the lands defense. The first two chronicles was centered around the power that the inhabitants of the land knew about and was able to use. Whats worse than not being able to use something, not even know that there is something there that you could use. I understand that in the text its said that LA understands why Kevin's Dirt is there, to undermind her ability to use the staff and force her to use white gold. But, thats only her theories. How are we not sure that the "masters of the land" didn't somehow create Kevin's Dirt. Wouldn't Kevins Dirt help them in their twisted mission? In the text LF himself says that he has only spoken a couple of words in counsel and awaited events. It never becomes clear how or where kevins dirt comes from, as far as I can remember. But, it just fits in my opinion that the masters would have something to do with it. Could Esmer be talking about them? In what they have done, not only in the current time, but what other implications could it have in the next two books? God I can't wait anylonger. 8O
Questions only lead to more questions.
Are there any real answers?
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

iirc,
Spoiler
esmer admits to creating the Dirt with Kastenessen
near the end of FR
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

Ur Dead wrote:I wonder what recipes the worm is going to create with his food sourse?

Elohim burgers.
Elohim Patté.
Soup??
Chant-burgers?
Daphin Doodles?
Infelice-a-roni?
Do, or do not. There is no try.
I think you like me because I'm a scoundrel.
Irishman and Gamecock fan
SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

wayfriend wrote: So the Guardian would now be an Elohim, an Insequent, and a Haruchai all in one!
And many other things?
SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

Vraith wrote: Ohhh...I forgot about that...a representative of the most earth-powerful, most knowledgeable, and the purest warrior, all rolled into one...YIKES!
Yeah, but don't forget his eyes. Probably blind. I could take him.
SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Re: The Worm and the theomach

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

IIRC, somewhere in the GI, SRD flat-out admitted he messed up with this. He said something along the lines of, "Nothing I can do about it now. It's not like I'm allowed to go back and rewrite WGW so Findail doesn't say that
See, Donaldson could learn a thing or two from George Lucas. Just come out with a Special Edition of the Second Chronicles. And when Findail starts to talk about the Guardian, have Greedo shoot him.

Problem solved. Easy as pie.
SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

TheWormoftheWorld'sEnd wrote: Jack Burton: What is that stuff?
Egg Shen: Black blood of the earth.
Jack Burton: You mean oil?
Egg Shen: No, I mean black blood of the earth.
Great movie. Was it the black blood of the earth that Jack Burton drank and felt, you know, kind of ... invincible?
SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

Endymion9 wrote:What I took from SRD's answer is that he was clarifying that a merger of Insequent and Elohim did not occur.

I see ak-Haru as the title that was merged and not racial status such as Insequent and Elohim. Similary when Brinn defeated ak-Haru he became ak-Haru (which isn't a race but a title, possibly with abilities??) and Brinn. So he is Brinn ak-Haru but he is still Haruchai and not Elohim and/or Insequent.
But Brinn said he was Kenausten Ardenol. Who was the Theomach. And other folk as well.
AjK
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Standing in the dark. Watching you glow. Lifting a receiver ...

Post by AjK »

SGuilfoyle1966 wrote:
Ur Dead wrote:I wonder what recipes the worm is going to create with his food sourse?

Elohim burgers.
Elohim Patté.
Soup??
Chant-burgers?
Daphin Doodles?
Infelice-a-roni?
:haha:
Chantipasto.
Infalafel.
My personal prediction is that it will turn them all into:
Jellohim.
... nobody I know.
thewormoftheworld'send
The Gap Into Spam

Post by thewormoftheworld'send »

SGuilfoyle1966 wrote:
Great movie. Was it the black blood of the earth that Jack Burton drank and felt, you know, kind of ... invincible?
I'm pretty sure it was meth.
Tales of a Warrior-Prophet has gone Live on Amazon KDP Vella! I'm very excited to offer the first three chapters for free. Please comment, review and rate, and of course Follow to receive more episodes. Two hundred free tokens may be available for purchases. https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/episode/B09YQQYMKH

Read my Whachichun Tatanka (White Buffalo) Blog: https://www.blogger.com/blog/posts/8175040473578337186
FB: https://www.facebook.com/WhiteBuffalo.W ... unTatanka/
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/white_buffalo
thewormoftheworld'send
The Gap Into Spam

Post by thewormoftheworld'send »

SGuilfoyle1966 wrote:
Egg Shen called that drink "Huge Buzz."
Tales of a Warrior-Prophet has gone Live on Amazon KDP Vella! I'm very excited to offer the first three chapters for free. Please comment, review and rate, and of course Follow to receive more episodes. Two hundred free tokens may be available for purchases. https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/episode/B09YQQYMKH

Read my Whachichun Tatanka (White Buffalo) Blog: https://www.blogger.com/blog/posts/8175040473578337186
FB: https://www.facebook.com/WhiteBuffalo.W ... unTatanka/
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/white_buffalo

Return to “Fatal Revenant”