Biggest Tearjerkers

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

finn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by finn »

I read the Postman years ago as it was from one of my favourite authors, David Brin: I though KC made a reasonable job of it and I really enjoyed seeing TomPetty getting a go.

Biggest tear jerker right now has got to be Love Actually where ironically Liam Neeson mourns a dead wife. I think its very sad and I really feel for the bloke.
"Winston, if you were my husband I'd give you poison" ................ "Madam, if you were my wife I would drink it!"

"Terrorism is war by the poor, and war is terrorism by the rich"

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well."

"The opposite of pro-life isn't pro-death. Y'know?"

"What if the Hokey Cokey really is what its all about?"
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

You can't help but be mesmerized by his acting... He**, he even had me going in Taken.
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Sunshine - When I first saw it at the cinemas, I cried when Capa fell and got to his feet trying to get to the bomb. I cried again when he activated the bomb, and I still had tears when his sister received his message:
So, I just wanted to let you know that I don't need the message because I know everything you wanna say. Just remember it takes eight minutes for light to travel from sun to Earth, which means you'll know we succeeded about eight minutes after we deliver the payload. All you have to is look out for a little extra brightness in the sky. So if you wake up one morning and it's a particularly beautiful day, you'll know we made it.
I love that scene.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
robrod
Servant of the Land

Post by robrod »

for me its

PAY IT FORWARD
strength and honor
live long and prosper
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

I cried like a baby when my wife tried to make me watch Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, and I got out of it.
Wide Eyed Stupid
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

Loremaster wrote:Sunshine
I never heard of this one before, just imdb'ed it, looks really interesting, gonna hafta see it...
robrod wrote:for me its

PAY IT FORWARD
Awesome movie...underrated...everyone I know who's seen it doesn't like it...I thought it was a little over the top, but still...truly moving, positive film...
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
finn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by finn »

Loremaster wrote:Sunshine - When I first saw it at the cinemas, I cried when Capa fell and got to his feet trying to get to the bomb. I cried again when he activated the bomb, and I still had tears when his sister received his message:
So, I just wanted to let you know that I don't need the message because I know everything you wanna say. Just remember it takes eight minutes for light to travel from sun to Earth, which means you'll know we succeeded about eight minutes after we deliver the payload. All you have to is look out for a little extra brightness in the sky. So if you wake up one morning and it's a particularly beautiful day, you'll know we made it.
I love that scene.
I must admit lore, that I cried after I saw Sunshine at having spent $25 on a premiere seat and wasted 2 hours! :P
"Winston, if you were my husband I'd give you poison" ................ "Madam, if you were my wife I would drink it!"

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

finn wrote:
Loremaster wrote:Sunshine - When I first saw it at the cinemas, I cried when Capa fell and got to his feet trying to get to the bomb. I cried again when he activated the bomb, and I still had tears when his sister received his message:
I love that scene.
I must admit lore, that I cried after I saw Sunshine at having spent $25 on a premiere seat and wasted 2 hours! :P
Careful, you are starting to sound like me. ;)
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Tamalone
Stonedownor

Post by Tamalone »

What always make my tearglands hyperactive is any movie in which Jesus Christ is nailed to the cross. And I'm not even a Christian.
"You won't find ordinary people here" (Don DeLillo - Running Dog)
"You stared at me till your eyeballs smoked. Was it anger, or love, or the caffeine in your Coke?" -Was (not Was)
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Tamalone wrote:What always make my tearglands hyperactive is any movie in which Jesus Christ is nailed to the cross. And I'm not even a Christian.
I like the ones where he gets away.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Deep Impact was another fairly good tearjerker. It had a lot of good moments, but what really got me was when Tea Leoni's character gave up her seat on the helicopter for the mother and her kid.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

matrixman wrote:Deep Impact was another fairly good tearjerker. It had a lot of good moments, but what really got me was when Tea Leoni's character gave up her seat on the helicopter for the mother and her kid.
I'm glad you liked it... it never really resonated with me (the whole movie, that is).
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Hey, that's a good one: Deep Impact doesn't resonate with you. :biggrin:

Well, at any rate it was more of a tearjerker for me than Armageddon was (if we're comparing killer asteroid flicks).
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Seven Pounds-rent it now! I sobbed uncontrollably for the last 5 minutes. :(
fall far and well Pilots!
finn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by finn »

matrixman wrote:Hey, that's a good one: Deep Impact doesn't resonate with you. :biggrin:

Well, at any rate it was more of a tearjerker for me than Armageddon was (if we're comparing killer asteroid flicks).
I must confess to liking Armageddon more, I think its the better film if not necessarily the better story. I liked Deep impact but I got a bit frustrated with half the lead characters trying to commit suicide. Tea Leonie, the hobbit and his underage wife.... what's wrong with their parents making them go to shelters and saving their lives and their parents genes! I must also say that the "writers" carry on as if no-one else has ever read Niven and Pournelle and that "their" story is not a rip from Lucifers Hammer!

Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

1. The Green Mile
2. Marley and Me
3. The Notebook
4. Saving Private Ryan
5. Armegeddon
“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
Harbinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Harbinger »

Bridge to Terabithia made me pour tears.
Spoiler
When, in grief, he built the bridge over the creek that his friend drowned in when she fell off the rope they used to swing across it.
Fuck, kinda choking back tears now.
Never underestimate the power of denial. - Ricky Fitts
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

The Godfather Part 3 - partly because of Sofia Coppola's so-called acting, partly because of Al Pacino's superb acting, especially near the end, but mainly because of the ending - and backed by Intermezzo from Masagni's Cavelleria Rusticana, which get me going every time I hear it.

Return to “Flicks”