Pantheon: The Third Age - Rules and Comments Thread

Moderator: Xar

Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Boy!! Zephyr is a LOT more agressive than his dad!! :lol:

As to the courts ... I agree with Menolly; just because they are set up to benefit inversely, does not mandate that all dieties in one are enemies of and need to have conflicts with all dieties in the other.

For example, Deva resurrected Amplarx's prophet and helped Anaya when she was still a Sunrise member (of course he had too because the trouble was his own pesky Zealots! ;) )
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Well the Eclipse is a pretty exclusive club. itd be up to us( more specifically, the gods we play) if we chose to let you (brid) join. The main thing is we (our gods) need to know that you are gonna be more beneficial than a dead weight and ultimately we would have to trust you. And would also have to think about our gods and how they would interact with yours, to keep it believable in the context of the story.

The big one is would it fit the story? Its not an alliance made up purely for the game benefits, but rather to aid the story along in its course, and provide an element that we think is making the game more interesting for some.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

I would like to say that since Koel (who took over Sunset's crown after Deva left) has not said anything about Nor Yekith's entrance into the Court (in fact, he has not commented at all on this turn), unless he says something for or against Nor joining the Court, he will join it by default.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I was under the impression that Court leadership was not a matter of public knowledge.
madsage
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by madsage »

Yes, Sunset's transitions are still in flux, though I can only imagine how things would go there if no others end up stepping forward. Someone's gotta be left standing, but I'm up to it. Cheers!
-----8<-------------------
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
←↨→
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

On second thoughts, I have decided against joining the Sunset Court. It was a political move, but I felt that from a roleplaying perspective it did not fit Nor Yekith's character. That is, the god simply would not answer to a court leader - preferring instead a purely democratic alliance like Eclipse. Second, I was left very uncomfortable with the reaction of some players over my announcement to join the court. It really took away the fun by having to justify it (hint: next time move it to the game thread).
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

My willpower must be improving. I'm finally living up to my (Bel's) decision to disregard every word that comes out of Devaguhya's mouth. :P
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

lol. But you just couldn't resist to comment somewhere ;) :haha:
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Loremaster wrote:
Second, I was left very uncomfortable with the reaction of some players over my announcement to join the court. It really took away the fun by having to justify it (hint: next time move it to the game thread).
I think it was mainly me that reacted, wasn't it? If you'd PMed me, we could've had some fun in the Game thread instead. (I'm not too sure that Brid would've cared an iota for the whole thing though!) Though the Courts and Eclipse are of course part of the game, I felt my questioning Eclipse's part in your move more involved the rules of Eclipse rather than the gameplay of Eclipse. Does that make sense? Hence, the Comments thread.
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Sorry, Stonemaybe. I have been very depressed. My post was uncalled for.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Pam says she's heard from Xar, via Facebook. He's ok, but he has not yet heard from some friends who live closer to the erthquake's epicenter. Thinking good thoughts, Xar...

EDIT: Oh. Duh. I see he's already posted in Gen Dis. :lol:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

For any interested, Rothmog says he and his are all well, as well. Mostly a lot of shaking, but apparently no damage or harm.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Good to hear!
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Life certainly does put on a show, eh? :lol:
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

lol. Someone has to stir things up! We are so ... quiet!!

[Although Bel would say ... "Your words are a meaningless as empty air; quietness would be better."] :lol:
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I've given up on making that argument. Noone ever responds to it anyway, other than yourself, and that kind of misses the point.
Besides, Bel wouldn't say that, he'd consider it obvious and not waste his breath.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Its hard playing a more enlightened god aint it murrin :P I find it difficult to think of worthwhile things to say also, seeing as the void is not one for wasted breath like most of these other god things :P
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

I didn't know the Void had breath to begin with :P
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Xar, Xar, Xar... *shakes head sadly*
Rorschach wrote:THE VOID BREATHED HARD ON MY HEART, TURNING ITS ILLUSIONS TO ICE, SHATTERING THEM.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Xar wrote:I didn't know the Void had breath to begin with :P
Welcome back! I hope all is well with you and yours.

Return to “Pantheon”