Pantheon - The Third Age - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

Eugen Razvan
Giantfriend

Post by Eugen Razvan »

Three cities lie in ruins, and a fascinating leviathan lays waste to my countryside and some of you hoping that I am in pain; that I am enraged. I am entertained. Malice knows no sorrow, and finds great enjoyment from the suffering of others. Further, my cities are grown, and will no doubt be grown again from those weak willed and pathetic slaves who failed me on this day. Malice knows no pity. I look forward to rebuilding a better paradise.

I am no weaker for the attack. If anything, I have been strengthened for I now opportunity.

Malice knows only the unadulterated desire for feeding itself.
Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

See now what comes for those who try to break Peace. I sought to cleanse the Twisted Land of their taint, and Rothmog put himself in my path, and took my prophet from me. For this he now suffers.

The power of Undeath will not suffice to halt my progress, Rothmog.

Peace shall reign. If you will accept nought but the Peace of oblivion, then so be it.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Anaya wrote:... It would seem that the unknown assassin slays our prophets in order to feed his master, and that by his death would Nephirthos once again gain access to our world.

I would propose that we seek this unknown assassin with the intent of imprisoning rather than executing him, that our prophets might no longer be used to sate the World Breaker's hunger whilst he himself is still denied Eiran.
I share now that I and my allies had planned on imprisonment rather than destruction. However, we were unsuccessful in finding either assassin. I find the pawn of the World Breaker's success evidence that these beings arrogant enough to call themselves Lords of Eiran, can't find or restrain him either. I see the AllFather's failure at severing the contact this World Breaker maintains as further evidence of His unworthiness!!

I have seen this all before - I will NOT allow Life's essence to be wasted again! I have been forged by this world's attacks on me to understand ... kindness and gentleness have no place in a world on the precipice! They are a weakness I can no longer afford.

This time, I will take another path ...
uKulwa
Giantfriend

Post by uKulwa »

O-gon-cho wrote:
uKulwa!

While it is apparently no longer a concern of mine, may I inquire what your forces were doing in Dawnstar this past season? My understanding is those withdrawn to the island cities would be spared your wrath. While you did not launch any attacks as agreed per the cease-fire this past season, I can only assume such was your intent for this coming season...
How dare you insinuate that I have not abided by the spirit of our agreement?

For what it is worth, I ordered no "forces" to Dawstar, this or any other turn. If you have information that some were present, I suspect either that they are mere worshippers of myself naturally resident, or followers who had travelled there of their own accord, for it was certainly not at my bidding. And of course as you point out, it is a moot point now.
All Things Begin and End in Strife.
------------------------------------
Msasi Haogopi Mwiba.

The Hunter Does Not Fear Thorns
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

My own divine sight reveals such to me...
Mutagenic power descends on Dawnstar, mutating your entire population there into monstrous headless slaves and thralls to Nor Yekith, before the horrified eyes of uKulwa's forces...
Forces.
Not mere worshippers, War L-rd.

Perhaps they were there at the bidding of Nor Yekith, then?
I still await a reason for his attack.
And if his power washed over all of Dawnstar, why it was only my followers which were affected, leaving yours alone.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

O-gon-cho wrote:My own divine sight reveals such to me...
Mutagenic power descends on Dawnstar, mutating your entire population there into monstrous headless slaves and thralls to Nor Yekith, before the horrified eyes of uKulwa's forces ...
But perhaps your reasoning is faulty. [Although I am sure the God of War is aptly able to defend himself!]

I would think that their eyes would be satisfied if they were complicit as you suggest. Further, were they attacking? Or simply waiting; observing the season's truce?
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Obviously they were waiting, as my first questions to uKulwa implied. But, what were they waiting for and why were they there? As I said, my understanding was that my people would be left alone if they withdrew to the islands. These followers of mine had. What was the purpose of uKulwa's forces in Dawnstar for the upcoming season?

As would be the rule in Imray, should uKulwa and I ever come to an agreement to coexist there, anyone's followers are welcome in my lands. But the followers of a hostile deity towards my own in what was thought to be non-contested lands tends to cast suspicion in my eyes, particularly if they do not willingly expose themselves to the residents there.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

So, it would appear the moonbridges hold the shards of Eiran together! What a remarkable thing!

Thank you, Anaya, for revealing what you know about the Prophet Slayer. Another remarkable thing.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Zephyr wrote:So, it would appear the moonbridges hold the shards of Eiran together! What a remarkable thing!
Bah! I have learned that the AllFather had Millennia to repair the damage caused by this World Breaker *sneers* a poor echo of the true OMEGA! Such shoddy deific workmanship is another example of the AllFather's unworth!!
Anaya
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Anaya »

The true Omega? If you speak of Astavyastataa Kadna, and I believe you do since you are as enamoured with yourself as he was with himself, then you should remember that he failed in his intent to bring about the end of Eiran.
When you reach a crossroad
Fate is the path you choose to walk
And Fate is the path down which you are thrust
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Pardon, Brother Life, but can you not see that the intricate workings of the All-Father might surpass the comprehension of one deity of a limited domain? If you cannot recognize this, than perhaps doing the most in your power to strengthen your own domain would work to alleviate your anger at a force that is beyond any of the pantheon's control. Unless of course your tirade stems from an illogical and pathological desire for destruction, which would be rather ironic given your domain.
“I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.”
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Anaya wrote:The true Omega? If you speak of Astavyastataa Kadna, and I believe you do since you are as enamoured with yourself as he was with himself, then you should remember that he failed in his intent to bring about the end of Eiran.
And you read the fates!? pft!!

As I have learned, at the end, it took BOTH the ALPHA and the AllFather to banish a not yet ascendant OMEGA! *snort* Not so weak as you would think!!

Echo's of Chaos and Destruction are the probing of the World Breaker and the appearance of the Void! Do you truly not understand that these signs may signal the beginning of the END?
Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

The end...
The beginning...
Either way, let's have a party!!! :lol:
Embracing me is to embrace the true way your mind works. Let yourself not be hindered by the false.
Anaya
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Anaya »

Devaguhya wrote:Echo's of Chaos and Destruction are the probing of the World Breaker and the appearance of the Void! Do you truly not understand that these signs may signal the beginning of the END?
The fact that they they signal the beginning of the end no more glorifies the Omega than the mortality of our followers glorifies the Goddess of Death.

All things come to an end Devaguhya - from the most insignificant creature that crawls upon the face of earth to the very All-Father himself - and not even you and I are exempt, though in your hubris you might claim otherwise.

When Eiran's time finally comes, how much power will Astavyastataa Kadna really need to finish off a world already in the throws of death thanks to the actions of those like yourself?
uKulwa
Giantfriend

Post by uKulwa »

O-gon-cho wrote:My own divine sight reveals such to me...
Mutagenic power descends on Dawnstar, mutating your entire population there into monstrous headless slaves and thralls to Nor Yekith, before the horrified eyes of uKulwa's forces...
Forces.
Not mere worshippers, War L-rd.

Perhaps they were there at the bidding of Nor Yekith, then?
You will have to seek clarification elsewhere Lady. Perhaps from the AllFather himself. Regardless of what was vouchsafed to you, I give you my word that I have never ordered forces (or even individuals) to Dawnstar, and nor yet have I granted Nor Yekith any power, nor placed any of my armies under his control.

Perhaps this refers to forces on the mainland in sight of the island. We contest, it is true, but I have no reason or need to lie to you. I could have placed such forces without compromising our agreement for last turn, but I did not. I have no idea which forces this refers to, but whichever they may be, if they are actually on Dawnstar, it was by no direct command of mine.
All Things Begin and End in Strife.
------------------------------------
Msasi Haogopi Mwiba.

The Hunter Does Not Fear Thorns
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Anaya wrote:All things come to an end Devaguhya - from the most insignificant creature that crawls upon the face of earth to the very All-Father himself - and not even you and I are exempt, though in your hubris you might claim otherwise.
In this you and I agree! As each Cycle ends ... all that is left is the void ... but THIS void is truly empty. There is no Life or Death or Fate; for all is nothing!

I have seen this process before ... and I know the end takes EONS ... it cannot be stopped, for if the Cycle ends, so does Existence itself! Do you not see then that our role is to harvest what we can from the early casualties and enrich those worlds that remain?! I have become convinced that this thrice failed experiment of the AllFather is this Cycle's first!! Being first is a just punishment for his failure! I must save what I can before all is LOST!!! :crazy:
Anaya
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Anaya »

I am sure that apart from our attitudes to the All-Father and the Lords of Eiran we would agree on many things Lord of Life.

You say that we should harvest what we can from the early casualties, but are those casualties not the fruit of the actions of those who have gone before us?

If the All-Father has made an error then it was allowing ascension at all, and yet he has done so. Now, rather than oppressively enforcing our mortality he has gifted us with the opportunity to correct the mistakes of our forebears.

Will you make use of that opportunity Devaguhya, or will you do what you can to sate your own lust for power, all the while decrying he who allows you to have that power like a petulant child?
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

uKulwa wrote:You will have to seek clarification elsewhere Lady. Perhaps from the AllFather himself. Regardless of what was vouchsafed to you, I give you my word that I have never ordered forces (or even individuals) to Dawnstar, and nor yet have I granted Nor Yekith any power, nor placed any of my armies under his control.

Perhaps this refers to forces on the mainland in sight of the island. We contest, it is true, but I have no reason or need to lie to you. I could have placed such forces without compromising our agreement for last turn, but I did not. I have no idea which forces this refers to, but whichever they may be, if they are actually on Dawnstar, it was by no direct command of mine.
hmm...

*bows in acknowledgment*

While my sources tell me these impi were sent to Dawnstar by you, I am also told that at least for this past season, their purpose was not to attack. And you speak true, again: as far as I know, you have never spoken false to me in our dealings.

So be it. As I said earlier, apparently it is no longer a concern of mine. I have your assurance my other island cities, should I somehow manage to hold on to them in spite of other meddling deities or lichs or what have you, will not be threatened by your own troops?
Eugen Razvan
Giantfriend

Post by Eugen Razvan »

O-gon-cho wrote: Perhaps they were there at the bidding of Nor Yekith, then?
I still await a reason for his attack.
And if his power washed over all of Dawnstar, why it was only my followers which were affected, leaving yours alone.
My dear lady,
I am dreadfully sorry for any inconvenience. You have at your pleasure my sincerest apologies for my rash actions. Had I been aware that your people . . . your mighty centaurs, were on Dawnstar, I would withheld my mutagens. Alas, I am cursed by regret. If you were to take my words, humbly and honestly as they merely are, then let me speak: I had thought that I was attacking another god (whose identity I dare not mention, for I do not wish to endure another battlefront).

My lady, I will cease hostilities forthwith. Circumstances also force me to retrieve the headless slaves and send those of yours that were generated in my lands. If you desire. My earnest apologies will follow, you have no doubt.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Anaya wrote:...all the while decrying he who allows you to have that power ...
Allows me?! BAH!!!

I am called into existence by powers far above this AllFather!! *snort* And while I must admit, he has more dominion on this world than I can claim, I do not acknowledge any loyaly owed to this failure of a world builder!!
Internal strife decimates the followers of Anaya!
Surely He is no friend of Fate as He allows your followers to be decimated!! Join with me and aid me in harvesting what we can for some other more deserving world! I will PROTECT you from further attacks as I have aided you in the past!

Return to “Pantheon”