Aesir: Rules & Comments

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Looking forward to updates in the World and Events thread.
...please?

Just word them so nothing too much of secrecy is given away, if you must.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

woo hoo!
What a great game. :biggrin:
I feel a story coming on.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Tepes
Woodhelvennin

Post by Tepes »

Names for those 2 villages:
Sanguine
Gestalt
"The masses of Narie believe God to be dead. Could it then be possible! These fools in their villages have not yet heard of it, that God is undead!"

Thus Spoke Lucien Lachance.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

balon! wrote:I feel a story coming on.
Looking forward to it! :D
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Although I'd love to have turns every day.. Realistically, I suppose it wouldn't be harmful at this stage to shorten deadlines as much as the SomeFather is comfortable with. Personally I'd love to see deadlines shortened, especially since any serious planning is far down the road. Two weeks for deadlines seems too much for this laid-back game. Processing times don't have to be rushed, but submittals surely don't require two weeks? At most a week, but I think the majority of us could handle less. Just throwing it out there, what does everyone think?
“I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.”
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I could stand to have turn deadlines more often, if Fist is able to devote the time to it. But, knowing Fist's addiction to Pantheon, I am pretty sure that came in to play in determining the frequency of deadline. However, now that he has more experience under his belt with processing, he may wish to revisit his options.

I do know he posted something at one point about the complexity of processing with us all at only two DRP, and wondered how he would manage as we became more powerful. So, that might be a consideration as well...
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

Hey look, the guy who was a day late with his submittal wants less time. :lol:

Really, I don't care if there's less time. I'll keep up as best I can. This turn, results were out only 3.5 days after deadline. I don't know if I'd be able to do that every turn if they were once each week. But if it takes a week to get results out, well, then it takes a week.

I'd like to hear from at least a few others, though, before making any kind of decision. I would have made next deadline Sunday the 17th. The other option is the 10th, which is only three days from now. I really don't think that's doable for everyone, though.
I climb the road to Cold Mountain,
The road to Cold Mountain that never ends.
- Han-shan

We dance round in a ring and suppose,
But the Secret sits in the middle and knows.
- Robert Frost

Today was a good day. - Ice Cube
Cobalt
Ramen

Post by Cobalt »

I'm for shortening, but I also know that the back and forth between Fist and I is pretty minimal. I write a paragraph or so with some ideas, commentary, vague ideas and thoughts, and he writes a few paragraphs back. Unless he needs to ask questions, it's pretty laid back.

But I'm sure it's totally different for other players, including length and elaboration. So really my answer is a *shrug*. I'm down for whatever. :D
“A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty; but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both.”
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

Anybody seen Cleburne lately?
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Hehe, yeah I was late, but that's because I was convinced it was next Sunday. :D The time it takes to process turns is understandable, but 2 weeks for each player to plan and write a turn isn't. In fact, if Zephyr could process all the turns in 4 days there's no reason our deadlines shouldn't be shorter. If some players liked the laid-back opportunity to plan their moves then maybe we should keep it as it is. But I'd like more Aesir and I'd like it now! :D Hehe.
“I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.”
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

I'd be OK with cutting it down to a week between Turn Submittals...however, as people rack up more DRPs and more villages, resolving the Turn may well become too time intensive for that to be viable, I would think.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Well, I wasn't a player at the time, so I have no idea how much effort it took on the players part, but didn't Pantheon start out with multiple turns a week in the First Age? My fear would seriously be Fist getting burnt out though; after all, he did just get married and has other concerns IRL...
...as much as I hate to acknowledge that.
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

Odin wrote:Anybody seen Cleburne lately?
Sorry Odin went missing, thats what happens when u forget to pay your phone bill and the internet gets cut off accordingly :cry:
But concerning 1 week turn submittals unsure at present , i think Odin shoulnt put too much pressure on himself , and i suppose every player would have to agree on it with Fist.
A lie well told and told often enough,I'm damned if the truth will ever catch up with it!
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Yeah I agree as things get more intense we can lengthen the deadline accordingly. The issue now is that the time given is currently out of proportion to the work and detail needed. Of course we can adjust the ratio as time goes on and things get more complicated.
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

No worries about rushing me. Regardless of the time between when you get results and the next deadline, I'll get results out when I can.

So here's the thing... I don't want to interfere at all with P3. Xar let me do this spinoff to help fill time between P3 turns. Aesir is certainly more than a time-filler, and I'm absolutely thrilled to see the enthusiasm we already have!! :D But still, I don't want to mess with P3. So P3 deadline is Saturday the 16th. If I put Aesir deadline Friday or Sunday, it'll mess with that. Unless everyone playing both is already done with their P3 submittal, I can't do that. After the 17th is making all of you wait too long.

I could do Wednesday, the 13th. Anybody who hasn't finished P3 would have three days, and I'm assuming you all know at least generally what you're going to do??? What do you think?
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

Lord Fulragen
Stonedownor

Post by Lord Fulragen »

Odin wrote:
I could do Wednesday, the 13th. Anybody who hasn't finished P3 would have three days, and I'm assuming you all know at least generally what you're going to do??? What do you think?
I,m ok with that mind you Im only involved in Aesir so it will depend on the guys and galls involved in P3 etc They have a bit more work to do than I.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Well...
prior to some things that I have just started discussing behind the scenes, I would have jumped all over Wednesday. now, if I begin what I am thinking of beginning, it may involve others, and I don't know if getting things worked out by Wednesday with other players will happen. I blatantly admit others are not on the Watch as much as I am to coordinate...

...and yet.
I could put off what I am considering for another turn.
I guess...

so yeah, Wednesday works for me.
either way I decide to go...
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

wednesday is fine with me.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

OK, Wednesday it is. :D
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Yay for Wednesday. :D
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba

Return to “Aesir & Vanir”