The Alternative point-of-view

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Who would be good POVs for a Land story?

Lena & Triok
5%
Lena's parents: Atiaran & Trell
9%
Elena
23%
one of the Lords (not Mhoram)
9%
Gay
5%
Alif & Kasreyn
9%
Amok
9%
someone else
32%

Total votes: 22

shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

The Alternative point-of-view

Post by shadowbinding shoe »

Going from the point of view thread I was thinking, how would the story look like from a point of view of a character who got no POVs in the books? It wouldn't be the same story but wouldn't it be just as interesting?

Lena and Triok could bring so much heart and angst and love into a story. Starcrossed yet thwarted before anything could become of them. Writing from the POV of a madwoman would be hard but I would be drawn and taken by such a story.

Or how about Lena's parents? Trell and Atiaran are strong characters with a strong story of despair and power bent into unwholesome uses. Their perspective is more well traveled as well as more knowledgeable and far-reaching.

Now Elena would certainly be interesting. A lot could be done with her story.

Then there's other characters like Gay of the Ramen who could tell us of the war from the pov of an ordinary woman who rise to authority without any magical aids or one of the Lords who'd bring a different perspective from a more sidelinish pov.

For events in the second chr. how about Alif of the Bhrathair and Kasreyn? Plots and ambitions and magics and deceptions would certainly make it a lively story.

Amok (of the Seventh Ward) would be really nice I think. He has so much history and insights into other peoples to tell us and his happy, unbent spirit would imbue the story with joy.

or maybe you'd prefer someone else entirely?
Krazy Kat
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Krazy Kat »

I've always been fascinated by Lord Verement. Hawklike features, short stiff hair, and the bitter twist in his mouth. I imagine him born and raised in Revelstone. He appears to belong in the eyrie towers of the keep; he could even have the magical power to shapeshift.

As to others, I once tried writing a short story from the pov of the children from Soaring Woodhelvenin. When I was young one of my favourite stories was The Faraway Tree, by Enid Blyton, and Soaring Woodhelvenin holds similarities for me there. (I'm not much of a writer so the short story was never finished.)
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

I'd have to go with Triock...
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

yes it would be very interesting.... Lord Callendril for north and Triock for south...Foamfollower and Rue/Gay east and Bannor for the west on his journey back to his people at his lifes end.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

I'm interested in the POV of one of the Unfettered, lost to the history of the Land.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I'd love to read something from Foul's POV.
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by shadowbinding shoe »

There seem to be some silent voters here. :evil: Please tell me what's your POV on POVs :)
A little knowledge is still better than no knowledge.
hearthrall antonicus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by hearthrall antonicus »

I know this is an older post but then I just got registered and all(sigh). So here goes... I think that Kasreyn and Alif as a POV, could provide us with crucial info on different cultures that inhabit the Land as well a the rest of the earth.
You can judge the true character of a person on how they treat those who can do nothing for them
-Sensei Moe,Sensei Larry,Sensei Curly...
Shemp was NOT a wannabe, Joe Besser was the Poser

Chairman of M E M L A
Sharguild
Stonedownor

Post by Sharguild »

Nom's;

Yawn..."where the hell's my coffee?
Morning Grum, sup today?"

Grumble..."you KNOW what's up today, another day, another sand vortex"

"Hey, lighten dude, You never know when something new and exciting might come along..."

"New and exciting? like what? All of a sudden some freaked out neophyte with the power to save or damn the earth is gonna show up, stir shit, hand Kaseryn his butt after I've been called for a bit of slappy face with a couple of homicidal inbreds then ask if I'll dig a trench for his new rock garden?"

"Um..."

"What?"

"Hold that thought, I gotta take this call...."
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

Foul's POV would be awesome to read. How'd he come to be? What made him want to destroy all he saw? Did he ever have any kind of feelings for a female or even a male? What race is he? Does he have siblings? What happened to his family? Is he an Elohim????? Wow, that one came out of the blue. How did he come to be incorporeal? And why does he go back to infancy and blink out when he is beaten, but not cease to exist? Is he just a soul? Is there any higher power of evil than Foul within the Arch? I would like to know many things about Foul. And the Creator as well. There's another POV worth exploring. Great post!!!!!
Heard my ears aright? Did not the gaddhi grant me this glaive?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Sharguild wrote:Nom's;

Yawn..."where the hell's my coffee?
Morning Grum, sup today?"

Grumble..."you KNOW what's up today, another day, another sand vortex"

"Hey, lighten dude, You never know when something new and exciting might come along..."

"New and exciting? like what? All of a sudden some freaked out neophyte with the power to save or damn the earth is gonna show up, stir shit, hand Kaseryn his butt after I've been called for a bit of slappy face with a couple of homicidal inbreds then ask if I'll dig a trench for his new rock garden?"

"Um..."

"What?"

"Hold that thought, I gotta take this call...."

:lol:
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Percipience
Servant of the Land

Post by Percipience »

An Unfettered could be a fascinating point of view.
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

I'd love to read it from the perspective of the Giants. Foamfollower in the First chrons, and Pitchwife or Honninscrave later.
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”