Pantheon: The Third Age - Rules and Comments Thread

Moderator: Xar

Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

I find being neutral the most interesting, for me personally.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Loremaster wrote:Although I do have to add one thing. I have to admit, Fist, that I find your game style odd ;). You keep referring to the fact that you want your own part of Eiran where you can play without interruption (from other gods). Yet, you aren't prepared to let others have the same thing. To be honest, you were the instigator of the war this age - I just entered it because of the nature of the eclipse alliance. Your current reasoning is that Zephyr wants to attack Nor Yekith because of what he did to Calais. However, I was asked by her player to mutate her; not the other way around. I honestly wanted a cease fire between our gods because I just want to tell Nor Yekith's story.

Fist, I do want to keep playing Nor Yekith, but you have to accept that you cannot have it as your game and then attack other players. You cannot have it both ways.

If Nor Yekith is destroyed, and it's a big 'if', I will play another interesting deity next age. Just do not ask us to respect your idea - next age - of having your own corner of Eiran without having to deal with problems from other deities when you are the instigator of most conflict in the current age.

Please note that there was no anger in my writing this post. Nor frustration. I just wanted to point out something.

Kind regards.
Argh! Damn. Sorry, I didn't even see this post until just now. This is what Dorian meant, eh? Heh. Most of my posts today, after the big one, were on my cell, and I missed this.

No, you guys are wrong. As deities and players, you're wrong. Nobody should have expected Ez to be allowed to claim a forest, tell Z he's not allowed to act there in any way, and was not even allowed to remove his followers without drp. How you guys maintain all this time that he was not an aggressor with that is beyond me. That is how I truly see it. I honestly don't understand how you can think he was behaving nicely.

Regarding Z's reaction to Calais, you need to distinguish between player and character. caam's actions were bold and admirable! Fist is veeery impressed! Calais, however, screamed so loud the entire world heard it. She was not a willing participant in her transformation. And Zephyr is responding to this as every brother would.

As for next game, I won't make the mistake of this kind of domain. Nobody will be able to act against me domain, whichever it ends up being. Only by invading my lands will anyone be able to mess with me, and there will be no mistaking who was being aggressive.

No, truly, I don't hear anger in your words. And I'm not speaking with any. But we see things very differently, so opposition is unavoidable.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

After discussion of the transformation with Xar, he said that Calais would not submit to a mutation but that she would have to have been tricked. So, Fist is correct that while Caam was all in favor of Calais change, Calais would not have supported it. She would have had to have been tricked by Nor Yekith.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

That's certainly how it happened in the posts. Calais was not remotely in favor of it. She was a bit naive. This is an RPG. Zephyr is the role I'm playing. How should he react to what was done to his sister? This has nothing to do with what any of the players want. Calais was born a year or so after him. They were children together 3,500 years ago, and knew each other for centuries. As I've said a few times, Zephyr spent time, probably centuries, with his grandfather, off of Eiran. But he came back long before the Interdiction ended, and became friends with Azver and the Tree Elders. But Calais was still around. His sister of millennia.

Then she is tricked, and forced into becoming an abomination.

Does anyone think a character in such a situation should/would/could not react the way he is?
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Must be driving Zephyr insane! Mox must be pleased! ;)
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Amazing. A month long plot of silence well executed by Zephyr, with the goal of a stealthy and decisive attack on Nor Yekith, who by the sounds of it has simultaneously planned his own special way of leaving the game. How awesomely dramatic! :D
“I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.”
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Dagon wrote:Amazing. ... Nor Yekith, who by the sounds of it has simultaneously planned his own special way of leaving the game. How awesomely dramatic! :D
While I do not know, I would expect ...
Loremaster wrote:..
Anyway, Nor Yekith is about to do something which may be his 'swan song'.
less a planned leaving and more a large risk that could backfire!! I can't wait to see what it is!! :D
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Madadeva wrote: In this, if in no other way, Nor Yekith brings low the scion of Love!! :lol:
Totally and completely out of character, but I had to comment on this.
on dictionary.com the definition is wrote:sci⋅on
  /ˈsaɪən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sahy-uhn] Show IPA
–noun
1. a descendant.
2. Also, cion. a shoot or twig, esp. one cut for grafting or planting; a cutting.
What a perfectly apt word, Creator. Bravo.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Thank you! :biggrin:
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

It's good to be back!!! :D :D :D

:LOLS:
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

The death of TM is coming this turn, though he's hasn't been in speaking condition for awhile. If I join this game again, it'll be later on. I will positively be in on P4. Thanks for the game everyone! :D
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

What???
*totally confused*
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

I hope you're taking time off because you want to spend time with your girlfriend!! :biggrin:

But when you're done, we need you back!! Too many damned evil gods!! ;) Almost yells for Adomorn to come blazing back to defend the weak! :biggrin:
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Surely Bel provides all the goodness and purity you could possibly need...

;)
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

:lol: Now THAT gave me a chuckle!!

You are always innovative, Murrin! A god of Peace with a "hit list"!! That is impressive!! ;)
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

:lol: A very good image. Balon, can you put that into your comic? :D
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Fist and Faith wrote: Nobody should have expected Ez to be allowed to claim a forest, tell Z he's not allowed to act there in any way, and was not even allowed to remove his followers without drp.
Now that I'm out of the game, I feel safe to comment on this - just for the record, it was the actual landmass that Eztlicoatl claimed. Although that includes the forest (obviously), he had no intention of doing anything with it or to it. Of course, I couldn't tell you that as it would have been out of character, though I did strongly hint that it was the case. I actually never would have done anything to the woods, or at least nothin more than building a road through it, if I needed one.

As for the DRP issue, I never would have allowed you to use them (as I said), though I honestly would have let Zeph's followers leave peacefully. I'm sure they could have hidden in that forest and I would have been none the wiser. As it was, though, I wasn't sorry it ended in war, as my strategy was to never start a war, so that I had the diplomatic justification to retaliate.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Yeah, that's about how I had it figured. Of course, that's OOC. Zephyr was only told that he was being stripped of a portion of his limited domain, and was not "permitted" to even safely remove his followers. Just as I believe Lore when he says Nor Yekith didn't really intend to hire Vadhaka to kill Zephyr, while Zephyr surely never had reason to believe such a ridiculous story. This kind of thing is why I wish there was a way to play without anybody knowing who the players are, and with no possibility of OOC interference. It would be great if all the deities had nothing but each others' words and actions to judge each other by. Deities who shouldn't be friends are, only because the players are. And I'm not accusing anyone, because that's been the case with me.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

You only acted in a way you felt you had to as your deity. That's fine, and it suited me anyway :)

I agree 100% that the game would be even better if noone knew who was playing what deity. Of course, many would be able to work it out, but it would be a noble experiment...
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Heheh, but those of us who have played long enough would recognize each other's writings, I think.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.

Return to “Pantheon”