Torchwood - children of earth

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Phantasm
The Gap Into Spam

Torchwood - children of earth

Post by Phantasm »

Started on Monday, 5 episodes over 5 days.

Looking pretty good so far, Captain Jack still doing his stuff and it's building up for a big finish on Friday.
Quote - John Smeaton (Terrorists take note)

"This is Glasgow- we'll just set aboot ye"

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Yeah, it's okay.

The problem with this show is that it's hard to believe such a major event can happen and the Doctor not be involved.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

The USA gets it on BBCAmerica the Week of July 20, I'm looking forward to it, it's been over a year since S2 ended, I believe.

(They gave us The Next Doctor the weekend before July 4, and July 26, is Planet of the Dead. I think that catches us up in the Whoniverse, aside from Sarah Jane S2, and I understand there was a Doctor Who Children's Special or something?)

Edit - I messed up on the Planet of the Dead Date, it's JUly 26, not July 11.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Episode 5 just aired, and I'm impressed. I have a lot of respect for the writers of this show, and for the BBC for letting them do this with it. They stayed true to the story and didn't take the easy way out.

For a prime time show with a lot of exposure and a strong connection to Doctor Who and its young audience, it takes balls to go the direction they did.
vasko
Woodhelvennin

Post by vasko »

Seconded. Was genuinly suprised that they did it as they did.
As far removed from Billie's 'I bet Darleks have feelings too' as you can get.
Great stuff!
"There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken." - Thomas Covenant
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

BBC America started airing it last night. I enjoyed the first episode, nice set up andd alot of mystery to uncover. Very strong start, and I was totally fooled by the Dr, didn't see that coming at all.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

I've now watched the first 3 episodes, and it's been really good (some of S1 and S2 were hit and miss, but, S3 has been great). I really like they are going rogue and having to improvise without all their fancy toys (they have some, but, not all). Gwen has truly become believable as a female Rambo, and the Cliff Hanger revelation about Jack at the end of the 3rd episode was quite shocking, I'm looking forward to the expansion on that tonight.

The Gov't guys are being very well done.
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Return to “TV Shows”