The First of the Search for Rocksister

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

Blackhawk
Bloodguard

The First of the Search for Rocksister

Post by Blackhawk »

here is the progress on the first of the search. it took a while for me create something i was agreeable with for this scene.

"Did the gaddhi not grant me this glaive?" The falchion's edges were as keen as the light in her eyes. Her mouth tasted names for this blade.

SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

nice. Her eyes are certainly devouring every inch of the blade.
Do, or do not. There is no try.
I think you like me because I'm a scoundrel.
Irishman and Gamecock fan
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

She is definitely worth the wait, Blackhawk. :)
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

do you have to make the Giants so...err, hot?!
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

So that's Gossamer Glowlimn...lucky Pitchwife!

Nice representation of the texture of the Tier of Riches and walkway up to the Majesty in the Sandhold too.
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

That is freakin' SWEET!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow, she's sexy and powerful and strong and WOW, that is WAY cool!!!!!!!! I kinda have my doubts as to whether she'd really have that much skin showing, but I don't believe the males on this board will complain about it. The facial expression is DEAD ON, I mean, NAILED, Blackhawk. The slight grin, that "don't **** with me" look, perfect. I totally understand why Pitchwife is such a happy jovial fellow now. I'm a straight girl and this is hot even to me. Oh, my, I am so proud of this. You know the First is my avatar and fave character. Well done, Blackhawk, well done indeed. :Hail:
Heard my ears aright? Did not the gaddhi grant me this glaive?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Nicely done, Blackhawk. Very nicely done.

A little hotter than I've always imagined. But I can live with that. :)
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Thankyou so much everyone :D

Rocksister, :biggrin: (I looked through the emoticons and couldnt find one with a smiley wiping sweat off his brow) im glad you like it, im still working on some of her armor...shes going to have chain mail covering her stomach and her biceps and forearms will also have protection. and she still needs leggings. and of course her shield... like most of my stuff its a work in progress. :biggrin:
krejaton
Servant of the Land

Post by krejaton »

Blackhawk, I love seeing what is in your mind's eye--your Isle of the One Tree was stunning. But this one doesn't quite do it for me. Perhaps it is just what is in my mind, I even began going back through TWL and TOT to find more descriptive verbiage about the First and haven't found much, so far.

I guess I visualized her a bit more...brawny...bulky, not fat, just beefier, perhaps more muscular.

I will let you know if I find anything. Still, love to see your creative mind at work! How about Pitchy? :biggrin:
When I am reading or telling stories to my daughters, I am known as Eldad Legendweaver.
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

It's a stunning piece of work Blackhawk, but man you need to be reading Fatal Revenant ASAP before doing any more artwork - you hear what I'm sayin'.
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

Yea, maybe she is a bit scrawny for a warrior. The facial expression is IT, man. And the guys will not be happy when you cover her up with chain mail and armor. Methinks there will be an uproar.
Heard my ears aright? Did not the gaddhi grant me this glaive?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I am not a muscle building expert, but my understanding is that typically women do not "bulk up" when they train, unless they add in "nutrient" enhancers, etc. Instead they become lithe, honed, strong. But not "bulky." I think Blackhawk has the right vision in mind.

...but, I could be wrong.
soft one
Ramen

Post by soft one »

Rocksister wrote:And the guys will not be happy when you cover her up with chain mail and armor. Methinks there will be an uproar.
Indeed!
Covenant turned in time to see a short figure detach itself from the burning mud, step queasily onto the hard ground.

The figure was scarcely taller than the skest, and shaped like them, a misborn child without eyes or any other features. But it was made of mud. Flames flickered over it as it climbed from the fire, then died away, leaving a dull brown creature like a sculpture poorly wrought in clay. Reddish pockets embedded in its form glowed dully.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Menolly wrote:I am not a muscle building expert, but my understanding is that typically women do not "bulk up" ...
Normally, I'd agree with you. But in this case, she's a Giant. I think Giant's start bulked.

Remember, twice the height of a human means eight times the mass. This woman weighs 960 pounds even at human proportions.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

wayfriend wrote:
Menolly wrote:I am not a muscle building expert, but my understanding is that typically women do not "bulk up" ...
Normally, I'd agree with you. But in this case, she's a Giant. I think Giant's start bulked.
She can still be svelte and toned, not bulky. IMO, of course.
wayfriend wrote:Remember, twice the height of a human means eight times the mass. This woman weighs 960 pounds even at human proportions.
I can't argue with that.
And yet...
I just don't see the female Giants as bulked up.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I agree with wayfiend-bulked at birth or not handling and training with swords as big as that would give anyone big arms and sinews. About the equivalent of an upperclass female boxer (they have clearly developed biceps and powerful thighs), if not more.

I always pictured The First as a redhead...
fall far and well Pilots!
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

I found the first encounter of the Giants from The Wounded Land

The first to reach his side was a woman. She was starkly beautiful, with hair like fine-spun iron, and stern purpose on her visage. Though she was slimmer than he, and slightly shorter, she was fully caparisoned as a warrior. She wore a corselet and leggings of mail, with greaves on her arms; a helm hung from her belt, a round iron shield from her shoulders. In a scabbard at her side, she bore a broadsword nearly as tall as Covenant.
Honninscrave greeted her deferentially. He told her the names which the company had given him, then said to them, "She is the First of the Search. It is she whom I serve."

It looks like she wore a corselet.(possibly a steel mesh corselet?) :D she needs to be a little broader, give her more muscle definition as well as using the given sword she attained as a swordmaine. which actually should be the sword she has now... (notice the dammage and battle scars on the sword.)the brand new sword she got in the tier of riches would be an undamaged broadsword that was brass or bronze in color? assuming the sword had never been used before being put in the tier of riches.

about the first being a redhead, I would love that.. after all my wife is a redhead... when i read the part about her hair described as finely spun iron I thought it meant the color. so i thought of finely spun iron as a blackish gray, almost like an old guitar string without the reflection. I'm looking for more descriptions in the text versions of the TCTC.

thanks everyone for your help and insights.

Peter.... im going to start listening to the audio books as soon as im done with the one im listening to now, so My signature will have to change very soon. I have read a few spoilers inadvertantly so now is as good a time as any... before i have no surprises left :D
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I just have a thing for redheads (like my wife, as well). :P
fall far and well Pilots!
krejaton
Servant of the Land

Post by krejaton »

Rocksister wrote:Yea, maybe she is a bit scrawny for a warrior. The facial expression is IT, man. And the guys will not be happy when you cover her up with chain mail and armor. Methinks there will be an uproar.
The beauty of the female form should never be hidden being heavy armor! So, more bulk, more buxom and less clothing--I await your new creation, please hurry!!! :P
When I am reading or telling stories to my daughters, I am known as Eldad Legendweaver.
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

The sword is a bit blunt...

It should have a very sharp edge..
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”