What does High Lord Kevin look like?

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

soft one
Ramen

What does High Lord Kevin look like?

Post by soft one »

I've always thought he was a younger lord, maybe even Elena young, but I recently ran across this picture again (the top picture), and it had me wondering... How does everyone else see him?
(Sorry if this has been covered already, but I tried a search and got nothing)
Covenant turned in time to see a short figure detach itself from the burning mud, step queasily onto the hard ground.

The figure was scarcely taller than the skest, and shaped like them, a misborn child without eyes or any other features. But it was made of mud. Flames flickered over it as it climbed from the fire, then died away, leaving a dull brown creature like a sculpture poorly wrought in clay. Reddish pockets embedded in its form glowed dully.
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Cant be certain but I imagine he looked like this when he found out Foul was not going to die from the ROD.

He would actually be much older because it says that High Lord Kevin Lived decades as normal men lived years. something along that line implying that Kevin was anywhere from 200-1000 years old... it never mentioned how old he was when he died or how old he looked..its a good question.
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

For some odd reason, I always liked to picture him clean-shaven.
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I always picture Kevin Costner. (No relation.)
Shuram Gudatetris
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Shuram Gudatetris »

I always pictured him as a younger looking Lord, too. Believe it or not, I picture him as Cary Elwes, as seen in The Princess Bride or Robin Hood: MIT.
Covenant is Linden Frankenstein's monster.

I maxed-out Tetris!
soft one
Ramen

Post by soft one »

Shuram Gudatetris wrote:I always pictured him as a younger looking Lord, too. Believe it or not, I picture him as Cary Elwes, as seen in The Princess Bride or Robin Hood: MIT.
I can see that... but with dark brown hair.
And just because he lived to be somwhere between 100-200 yrs old doesn't mean he AGED in the same fashion as those currently in the Land. Covenant aged differently.
Covenant turned in time to see a short figure detach itself from the burning mud, step queasily onto the hard ground.

The figure was scarcely taller than the skest, and shaped like them, a misborn child without eyes or any other features. But it was made of mud. Flames flickered over it as it climbed from the fire, then died away, leaving a dull brown creature like a sculpture poorly wrought in clay. Reddish pockets embedded in its form glowed dully.
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

soft one wrote:
Shuram Gudatetris wrote:I always pictured him as a younger looking Lord, too. Believe it or not, I picture him as Cary Elwes, as seen in The Princess Bride or Robin Hood: MIT.
I can see that... but with dark brown hair.
And just because he lived to be somwhere between 100-200 yrs old doesn't mean he AGED in the same fashion as those currently in the Land. Covenant aged differently.

true..he could have looked as young as Mhoram did when he was 40 when kevin was 400., the earthpower preserved the old lords for a longer period than the new... apparently oath of peace was taking 600 years off the new lords lives...
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I've always pictured him as appearing to be maybe in his fifties at the time of his death. Round face, average height and slightly chubby. Short hair, mousy brown and kind of wavy, swept back. Not sure why, that's just what 'High Lord Kevin' says to me.
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

I also looked a little like Cary Elwes before both he and I got old. Coincidence? I think so.

I tend to picture Kevin behind the wheel of a Nissan Landwaster.
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
soft one
Ramen

Post by soft one »

Landwaster wrote:
I also looked a little like Cary Elwes before both he and I got old. Coincidence? I think so.

I tend to picture Kevin behind the wheel of a Nissan Landwaster.
Yeah, but did you also enact a Ritual of Desicration before you got old, like Car... Kevin did?

** EDIT ** Better now? ;)
Last edited by soft one on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Cripes its a family site ain't it? 8O :biggrin:
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

Yea, "soft one," it's a family site........
Heard my ears aright? Did not the gaddhi grant me this glaive?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
Morinmoss
Stonedownor

Post by Morinmoss »

I get a mental image of a muscular, strong man in his 40's with flaming red hair, cropped short, with a red beard.
tinhamodic
Servant of the Land

Post by tinhamodic »

All the lords should look younger than they should or have a longer lifespan due to their service to Earthpower Ie: Trell hardly aged though Atiaran aged considerably. But getting back to Kevin, I picture him as a young looking middle age man with a goatee with compelling eyes.
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

For me, High Lord Kevin has always been a larger than life figure. A huge man, full of both power and sadness, knowledge and pain - but with a capacity for compassion beyond any others, before or after. All this would be visible in his craggy bearded face and would be enough to inspire both awe and love even in hearts as steely as those of the haruchai. :wink: :wink: :wink:
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”