Moderator: Goatkiller666

Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

^^Sweeet. Good stuff bro.
Druids gather at the circle of stones,
To worship the ancient ones.

In the glow of a dying red sun,
Their rites of evil have only just begun...

Electric Wizard - Black Butterfly
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

So, what's the news on progress besides the map (which looks very good btw)?

Do you have many sections written out? Do you know which careers you will make available from WFRP? I think I might play a scientist type if I join the game. The doctor is appealing to play, though I may do something else with that...I would probably keep the drug-addict side of the concept, and I have always wanted to play a grave-robber. Playing a scientist may logically combine the two.

I swear my new profile pic has nothing to do with it...
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Have a few areas sorted, with relevant points of interest for quests etc. Also have started formulating a timeline of the known world, to add depth to the whole thing.

Have a few events in mind as well, which i have started putting to paper as they hit me. Just starting to put together the bare bones of it all really, to be fully fleshed out as I progress
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

You don't need much more than the bare bones to start off, really. We pretty much did that with Mes.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

We ready to roll, yet? 'Cause I sure am looking forward to the challange of pretending to be a sane person role-playing someone as he goes insane.

That and I want to play a ranger again. Um... a hunter, sorry.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

I have been quite busy this week so have been unable to put pen to paper sorry. However I am freed up as of sunday, and will be head down arse up most of next week so heres hoping I have alot more work done on it soon. Im gonna focus on the area the players start in so i can develop the rest while the players begin.
Earthfriend
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthfriend »

Groovy. Are we definitely going with a modified WFRP system? (If so, I'd better give those rules another look.)
Stone and Sea are deep in life,
two unalterable symbols of the world;
permanence at rest, and permanence in motion;
participants in the Power that remains.
Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

Earthfriend wrote:Groovy. Are we definitely going with a modified WFRP system? (If so, I'd better give those rules another look.)
Haven't heard different so its a good bet. Dorian hit me up the rules just a few weeks ago. Lookin forward to hearin more.
Druids gather at the circle of stones,
To worship the ancient ones.

In the glow of a dying red sun,
Their rites of evil have only just begun...

Electric Wizard - Black Butterfly
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Yes will be using modified WHFRP rules
Earthfriend
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthfriend »

Gotcha. (*groan, another system for Uncle Earthy to learn. Haha, just joshing - seems reasonably straightforward. Be prepared for some newb questions, though, Dorian.)
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Dont worry too much ill take care of most of the processing etc so only a basic understanding of the stats and skills is really necessary. Combat mechanics etc are unimportant for the players, and I wont be using spells at all so no worries there either
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Have started writing the area outlines for the main city, which is where the game will start. Also have the city map well under way.

EDIT

First draft of the city map is done. Im rubbish at doing urban style maps, so if someone wants to have a crack and redoing this map so it looks a little nicer but at the current layout, feel free

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

It looks great, Dorian!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

After some thought I decided that seeing as I was putting together a timeline etc and fleshing out this world so much that I would put together a quick map of it. So here is the first draft of the world in which the game is set.

Also, the Valley now has a name, Svalsing.

Ill give you all a full run down of the nature of the continent later on, But basically think of Europe, but upside down, with the southern most areas being Scandinavian and cold, The northern most being like the middle east etc The valley where the game takes place is pointed to by the arrow. If this game goes well, I may end up reusing this world for other games.

That is all the mapping I intend to do for quite some time, so I shall move on to finishing all the written work. I do want to have my city map redrawn however, like the Innsmouth map i have already posted. If anyone here has the talents please get in touch
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

+1

p.s. - You have a really non-standard use of the word "rubbish." Compare your rubbish map to this authentic map done by a professional mapmaker:

(Sorry for the size on this, it might be kinda big. It's the only oldish city map I had handy.)
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Thanks for the kind words guys

Who would I talk to too get a forum set up for this game?
Earthfriend
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthfriend »

Your 'rubbish' map is way better then anything I could do, Dorian - very nice indeed! The same goes for your world map.

Okay, I'm starting to come over all 'Big Kev'....
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

To be honest, I am extremely jealous of Dorian's maps.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Thanks guys :)

I have written the introduction report of Svalsing for you all. Trying hard to give a fictional place a feeling of history and hope it works. Will post as soon as we have our own forums
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Dorian wrote:Who would I talk to too get a forum set up for this game?
As I told you via messenger, contact Avatar.
As far as I know, he's the only admin who has any self-interest in GT.
~jay (kevinswatch) and danlo can also set it up, but I suspect Av will get on it quicker for you.

Pretty sure you said you PMd him after that, right?

Return to “Valley of Blood”