Presenting . . . Lord Mhoram

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Presenting . . . Lord Mhoram

Post by hue of fuzzpaws »

"Let's not fight. I don't like fighting" Frostheart Grueburn
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Mhoram looks a bit like Pete Townsend of the Who,

Hue... do you have any problems with clothing while using DAZ?
Im using Poser but I was wondering if you were having the same issues as me?

Dynamic and Conforming clothing are killing me... seems to take an hour to get the clothing to fit right manually... do you have problems with skin showing through the clothing while you are posing your figures in DAZ?
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

There can be a certain amount of poke through, BH. Although as yet I have not dabbled with dynamic clothing.

I do not know if you can do this in poser, but in DAZ, under the Scene tab, you can turn body parts on the figures on or off.

I have found this guy to be quite knowledgeable, certaintly regarding DAZ, if this might help BH

blog.microlite20.net/2009/05/29/second- ... e-through/
SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

That's not how I pictured him, but I remember some of the descriptions and think you probably got it better than I did. I have taken a lot from the very small pic on Lord Foul's Bane paperback and expanded. That guy had a beard, btw.
How long did it take you to do this?
And how long did it take to you to make your first ever picture of a person, that looked decent, when you got these programs?
Do, or do not. There is no try.
I think you like me because I'm a scoundrel.
Irishman and Gamecock fan
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

One thing you have to remember is that SRD is very vague about character descriptions. SRD tends to give the reader what he thinks are the important characteristics/attributes of the character and then leaves the reader to fill in the rest. That tends to make it difficult when trying to do a visual depiction. The only way I have found around this is to read and reread etc until something jells.

Regarding your query about how long it took to do Mhoram's image, I think it perhaps took me 2 to 3 hours to do. From SRD description of Mhoram there are 3 main elements, 1) his nose, 2) his humane mouth and 3) his gold flecked eyes.

I think the first one I tried to do was one of the Haruchai. I think that took me a number of days to do, although I have still not captured the way I see them nor how others see them either.

Since I have been out of work for some months, my creativeness seems to be working very well, my only concern is that I hope the characters do not look all the same.
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

Hmm, you know what? This guy has somewhat of a flat face; if he had the short brown curly hair cropped close, he might be Bannor, Brinn, or any of the others. The plain short sleeveless tunic would most certainly sway me in the direction of Haruchai. Pretty cool.
Heard my ears aright? Did not the gaddhi grant me this glaive?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
Mind/Union
Stonedownor

Post by Mind/Union »

Wow -- this is nearly identical to the way I pictured him. Would love to see your take on Foul, based on his physical description in TPTP ("now at last do you truly perceive me").
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Totally Mhoram.
Lord Foul's Bane Mhoram anyways!!
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

The broken nose does nothing for him...
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”