AFL: a non-contact sport.

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

SleeplessOne
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by SleeplessOne »

hey guys, great game, still on a bit of a high - as you said Stevie G, immense pressure throughout, Geelong looked to be struggling a few times but soaked up that pressure and then got right on top in the last quarter.

Chappy and Harry Taylor were superb, as was Max Rooke who probably only touched the ball 10 or so times yet was so influential.

Been enjoyable being able to discuss a bit of footy over the past few weeks gentlemen, and may your teams 'salute' next year !! :)
StevieG
Andelanian

Re: AFL: a non-contact sport.

Post by StevieG »

SleeplessOne wrote: Been enjoyable being able to discuss a bit of footy over the past few weeks gentlemen, and may your teams 'salute' next year !! :)
Heh, yeah thanks SleeplessOne and Earthfriend for the chat! Nice to talk Aussie footy for a change.

Hey, maybe if we're all around next year, and still in the southern part of Oz, and still on the Watch, and able to get away from families etc (I know, a lot of variables there!) - we might be able to tee up a footy day out in Melbourne?

(will revisit some time next year :) )

... and there's always the odd game of cricket in the upcoming summer... I just need to find a work excuse to get to Melb at the right time.
SleeplessOne
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by SleeplessOne »

count me in :-)
Earthfriend
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthfriend »

Sounds good!
Stone and Sea are deep in life,
two unalterable symbols of the world;
permanence at rest, and permanence in motion;