VoB - Discussion

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Thanks for the kind words

Ive started rolling up characters. Could you please provide me with a email address when you apply for a character so i can email you your character sheet
Louis de la Forêt
Ramen

Post by Louis de la Forêt »

I am Luis deSilva, hunter from the far off lands of Anterra. I am looking forward to exploring these dark and forboding woods, and to proving my skill by returning unharmed with various dead creatures over my shoulders as trophies. You shall all share in the bounty of my victories over the forests.

I can be reached at GoatKiller666@ChristIsMyBitch.com
Konrad Ingmann
Stonedownor

Post by Konrad Ingmann »

Doktor Ingmann. Known as Konrad to his family, and Doktor Ingmann to everyone else. Physician. Studied Anatomy and Medicine at the University of Ipsburg. Graduated at the top of his class, securing a post as one of the youngest assistant lecturers in University history. Departed posting under mysterious circumstances before taking up obscure work as a Physician in Strassburg.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

nice guys nice

Louis, could you please send me your career info, starting career etc so i can role up your character.

So far we have 4 characters confirmed and ready to go! waiting in a few others and then get the ball rolling in a few weeks
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Id just like to say, I'm elated that Raphaelus chose to share that with you all. The instant I first read it I was impressed and am glad to have such a good start to the game.
Louis de la Forêt
Ramen

Dorian wrote:Louis, could you please send me your career info, starting career etc so i can role up your character.
Damn... why did I pick a Spanish name? I don't speak Spanish.

Uh... finito! Anyway, sent via PM.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Ive had some late interest in the game from a few players, so I will be allowing at least another two weeks before I start the game for them to read the rules and formulate a character if they wish.

Also, I fly out of my city on monday and wont return till friday, so will be unavailable to do any work on this game during that time
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Dorian wrote: Also, I fly out of my city on monday and wont return till friday, so will be unavailable to do any work on this game during that time
Slacker. You'd never see me taking a break from a game I ran. Umm...
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

hahaha yeah definitely not you.
Raphaelus the Younger
Woodhelvennin

Post by Raphaelus the Younger »

Dorian wrote:Id just like to say, I'm elated that Raphaelus chose to share that with you all. The instant I first read it I was impressed and am glad to have such a good start to the game.
Cheers. With such a vibrant setting to begin with its easy to extrapolate.
Dorian wrote:Ive had some late interest in the game from a few players, so I will be allowing at least another two weeks before I start the game for them to read the rules and formulate a character if they wish.

Also, I fly out of my city on monday and wont return till friday, so will be unavailable to do any work on this game during that time
Just gives people more time to expand on the back stories before actual gameplay begins. Just for clarity, where does the back story end and the game begin? Are you planning to start the actual game when the characters enter Strassburg, or upon entering Svalsing/Sinestadt?
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

I will have an introduction like thread for characters to post once they are under way to Sinestadt. But the game will start proper in the city

the back story thread is more for the characters history rather than relating directly to the venture. A chance for you to give your character more history rather than him suddenly existing in time to go on this trip.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Sorry for the delay in creating a character; I'm having difficulty thinking of a concept.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Thats fine mate no rush

Feel free to chat to me or pm me for any ideas or comments or to get a feel of the world the game is set in
Louis de la Forêt
Ramen

Luis deSilva wrote:
Dorian wrote:Louis, could you please send me your career info, starting career etc so i can role up your character.
Damn... why did I pick a Spanish name? I don't speak Spanish.

Uh... finito! Anyway, sent via PM.
Okay, switched over to being French.

As a point of interest, it turns out that "deSilva" in Spanish means "of the forest"... which is WAY more cheesy a name for a Hunter type than I'd actually intended.
pixL
Servant of the Land

Post by pixL »

I waved the Maggie Myx goodbye and watched as she gently climbed into the rainbow bridge. Only when that magnificent schooner had faded within the colorful mist did I turn towards the crest of the hilltop. A pang of dismay hit me after I saw what lay on the other side. Amid the gently rolling hills that stretched from horizon to horizon lay an ugly patch of bare dirt. The place that was to be my home was completely run-down. The corral had fallen to peices, and useless tools and impliments, glass jars, spokes and rusted iron, littered the ground.
In the center was a mud shack thatched with straw that seemed to slump under its own weight. Whoever once lived here had left long ago. And yet, something oddly familiar twigged at the edge of my mind - no use, I thought! This confounded phaze shift in timespace prevented any such memories materialising. I decided that tomorrow I would assign myself clean up duty.

But first things first...I took from my pocket the small vial I'd aquired on my strange and wonderful voyage, and read once again the florid instructions written on the lable:

HOW TO MAKE A WOODHENGE

Dr. Ambrosia's acme seeds are his most popular product to date
Just fashion a circle as best as you can twelve yards is appropriate
Then using a gimlet you poke some holes deep in the earth's core
Unscrew the lid and drop in a seed but remember one drop and no more

Now that my friend is all to be done the dragon's blood will harden and grow
These extraordinary trees will furnish your needs in about eleven years or so
But if you get disheartened with their natural span of time
To speed up the process of the photosynthisis I recommend strawberry wine

With the completion of my initial task I was pleasantly surprised to find that the day ended positively. The shack turned out to be dry with few comforts. I found some sacks containing rice piled in a heap on top of a crate which was filled with tinned beef and biscuits. Although I did wonder why the ones before me had left without these supplies! In the other corner was a box in which three mice lay curled up fast asleep. I decided to leave them be, after all, they were the only living things I'd seen since arriving here.

+1
Last edited by pixL on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Wrong game pixl :P
Earthfriend
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthfriend »

You want 2D - this is 2E. Don't sweat it, happens all the time. Back up the hall, 1st door on your right. Oh, here; don't forget your seeds.
Stone and Sea are deep in life,
two unalterable symbols of the world;
permanence at rest, and permanence in motion;
participants in the Power that remains.
Louis de la Forêt
Ramen

That reminded me of those really elaborate 'random word' spam messages. Where they at least get the parts of speach right, but none of it makes any sense.

I was never sure why someone bothered to write a script that could be that correct, just to generate spam emails. But now they've got one for posting to forums, too.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

That's what you get for calling your game 'Valley of', old players from that will want to post here. Perhaps rename it to something similiar yet distinct...Low Lying Stretch of Land Between a General or Sharp Rise in Altitude, as Most Commonly Precipitated by Hill or Mountain Ranges, of Blood ?
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Although the game has ended, pixL's post could always be moved by the forum mod (Dorian or Xar, should he ever return) or an admin (Avatar, danlo or kevinswatch) to the appropriate thread...

The Valley Floor

Return to “Valley of Blood”