Pantheon - The Third Age - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

Halideva
Servant of the Land

Post by Halideva »

Madadeva! Hear me, my dark brother!

You have befouled all that our parent sought to create that was good and pure. The decadence that darkened our parent's heart and tainted the gift of Life that was his to give is now manifest in your form, and though I cannot fault you for being what you have made yourself into, I shall not allow you to use the power of Life in such a twisted and depraved fashion.

I have felt the cries of Tawhiri-matea's followers as your followers ripped the lifeforce of innocents for their own pleasure. No more! Henceforth, I claim Devaguhya's legacy: no longer will your Paragons be able to feed upon the lives of others. No longer will their lives be extinguished if they should abandon your service. I withdraw from you and your people the power to extirpate Life from the bodies of others! The Aura of Halym is now under my jurisdiction, my dark brother; your followers, as it were, would do well to abandon the continent before they are shown what it means to incur into Halideva's wrath.

Any and all Paragons who seek sanctuary from you, I welcome. They shall wield the power of Life in a worthier cause than yours.

Zephyr! Mutated or not, a wealth of life on Nyitha has been destroyed, blasted away by your actions. I stand as a champion to all life, and like Madadeva, you too have chosen to punish the innocent to harm the guilty! I care not what your reasons are: your enmity is with Nor Yekith, not with his followers. Destroy each other, for all I care; but leave the mortals out of your struggle!
Simjen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Simjen »

It is ever the same. Hedra has told me of the ruin brought about by at least one god of the 'First' Age, and I saw for myself how petty infighting and insatiable self interest brought about the end of the Second. As for this one, I could scarcely believe my own son's account, but now...

Whether I like it or not, I have a role to play here. But I tell you all now, I will not save Eiran, certainly not at the expense of my own life, and leave it to... gods. Better to cleanse it in fire.
Said she, "What I get I get out of the fire,
So prithee, strike home and redouble the blow."
Brid
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Brid »

-Brid mourns the lost potential of Nithya no less that the Goddess Of Life, but such has happened before. Brid berated the Barky One then, and offered a place where these squabbles could be settled without further loss of mortal life. The Leafed One accepted Brid's offer, but the Mutated One did not deign to reply. Who then, is to blame for this catastrophe? The Son of Love took the only path remaining. Brid does not agree with the methods employed, but The Worm cannot escape blameless.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Nor Yekith's lack of response does not mean he deserves to have his continent destroyed by his enemy.

And what of me? The attack was directed at the EARTH. Hence, the attack was directed at me - to destroy me.

While I may no longer be Calais, I have never, ever spoken or acted against Zephyr and yet, I am directly attacked.

I have been wronged in this matter by the very god who claimed grief at my improvement.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

O-gon-cho, I tire of your idiocy. You speak of your enemies as though you have learned nothing of what they are, and rightly they laugh in your face. You refuse aid to your ally and offer it to those who are enemy to all. Your lack of perspective at times disturbs me greatly.

Zephyr, we have disagreed on many things, however I cannot help but respect your tenacity. It accomplishes nothing to hold back from ones goals.

You share with us this message of the world's damnation, though it must already be clear to all. The world is torn around you, and much of that is by the actions of gods with no regard for its safety. You all must realise, the only solution to such a problem is through me. War between the gods must be brought to an end. The malicious designs of many in your number must be brought to an end. No more damage must be wrought. There must be Peace in Eiran - absolute, certain Peace, in every part of its fabric - or the fate of this world will ever loom before you despite your efforts.

I am this world's salvation. Know it. Accept it.

I came to this world to deliver Peace. To save it from the very impulses that threaten it. And all I found here are gods more concerned with bickering among themselves than in saving the world they claim to protect. And instead of working toward your salvation, I find myself defending from assaults against me.

I give this one last plea. I am your path to redemption. I am the light that guides the way to Peace. I am Eiran's last hope.

Believe in me, aid me, and I will end this world's suffering.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Calais destroyed the largest Forest off of Shaldir. I think she may have apologized, although I wouldn't guarantee it. And that was when my sister was good. No, Vashitva, I offer you no apologies. But, truly, did I not just give you enough Death to make you smile upon me with gratitude?

Halideva, I asked you to join me on Shaldir before I sank most of Nyitha. I told you my response to Yek's violation of my sister would be extreme. And I told you I would choose another path if I had Life with me, to make Shaldir strong, as was supposed to be the case with Devaguhya. You were not interested. Nor were you particularly concerned with the rape of my sister. Don't preach to me about how wonderful you are.

Those who give power to the evil of Nor Yekith, repeatedly, and celebrate his victories, are as responsible for his actions as he is. Since he will not meet me in personal combat, and there are no other means of battling him, both to prevent further evil and to get justice and vengeance for what he did to Calais, I must get rid of his followers. Will you kill mine in order to stop me?

Like my father and grandfather, I have always known that I cannot have the entire world. I have only wanted my little acre, where those who desire to live in such a way are safe to do so. But Yek will not allow it. He has always been obsessed with harming and destroying my family. My sister is his greatest accomplishment. And he will not stop there. Look to the moon for proof.

My thanks, Brid, for remembering that I was perfectly willing to risk my own existence in order to spare my and his followers. But he refused to meet me, needing all of his power to mutilate Calais. Of course, I am still willing to meet him for combat, but worms don't have a spine.

And I'm humbled to have been addressed in such a manner by you, Bel. *bows*

*CLAPS HANDS* Really, folks, let's look at the bigger picture. So much talk about the upcoming death of Nor Yekith. And yet, a huge shard of the world is now drifting away, thanks to Tawhiri-matea. And Mox is attempting to enter into the Mists. Perhaps you should all get to work preventing the actual destruction of Eiran, and not worry so much about me ridding it of the vile filth that wishes to mutate it right in front of you.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Calais destroyed the largest Forest off of Shaldir. I think she may have apologized, although I wouldn't guarantee it. And that was when my sister was good. No, Vashitva, I offer you no apologies. But, truly, did I not just give you enough Death to make you smile upon me with gratitude?
Apologies?? Phfft!

What makes you think an apology would suffice? Your lack of vision never ceases to amaze me.

I was thinking more along the lines of the death of your prophet. That would be a more fitting sacrifice.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Vashitva wrote:What makes you think an apology would suffice?
I wasn't offering one. Try to keep up, will you?

Vashitva wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of the death of your prophet. That would be a more fitting sacrifice.
:lol: He's... uh... Yes! By all means, an excellent idea! :lol:

(Damn! Wrong approach!)

No! Please, Vashitva, I beg of you!! Don't kill my Prophet!!!! I'll do anything!!!
Simjen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Simjen »

Before anything further is decided, I plan on fixing the drifting world shards. If any of you care to assist me in this effort, please let me know.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Of course, Simjen. Glad you're on the job.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Keep it up, laughing boy. Those laughs will soon turn to whining and visions of victimization.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Bel wrote:O-gon-cho, I tire of your idiocy. You speak of your enemies as though you have learned nothing of what they are, and rightly they laugh in your face. You refuse aid to your ally and offer it to those who are enemy to all. Your lack of perspective at times disturbs me greatly.
The Red G-d and I may be at odds over my followers right to return to southern Imray, but he has ever been truthful and forthright with me. If he had needed assistance in relocating family units of his followers, I believe it is my duty to offer help. There is an embassy in New Zandarar with a proposal I would seriously consider, should he also be open to it, and perhaps offering aid may have smoothed the way for talks in that regard.

I believe my own perspective of the situation is my own business, Peace.

*bows*
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Halideva wrote:Madadeva! Hear me, my dark brother!
.. I have felt the cries of Tawhiri-matea's followers as your followers ripped the lifeforce of innocents for their own pleasure ... your followers, as it were, would do well to abandon the continent before they are shown what it means to incur into Halideva's wrath.
Weak shadow of my former self ... I no longer need such power. It has served Sunset well in ridding Eiran of Tawhiri-matea who attacked Halym unprovoked. Our retribution was just.

While you may have joined Halym ... ware well that this is the domain of the Sunset Court. You warn me to abandon the continent?! Perhaps you will darken too in carrying out your threat, if so I rejoice as it shows the weakness of our joint heritage!!

So think well before you declare yourself agains me and Sunset. Learn from the experience of Tawhiri-matea. Left alone, we pursue our desires without harm to any - *chuckles* - well, perhaps with some exceptions! But if we are attacked our response will be devestating!! So decide well.
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

Simjen wrote:Before anything further is decided, I plan on fixing the drifting world shards. If any of you care to assist me in this effort, please let me know.
Simjen, We had intended to speak to you about this directly, but We see your wisdom in simply bringing the matter up for discussion. The Numen have also been planning to focus on the problem of reconnecting the world shards to the 'main' world. In terms of raw power, We have little to offer at the moment. But, with the domain of Knowledge at Our disposal, We believe that We can help discover exactly what needs to be done to repair the world, so that others may better take those steps. If others are willing to grant Us power in this direction, We believe it will have benefits for all the world. Likewise, power spent on the solution, whatever it may be, would benefit everyone.

We suggest also that those involved in direct conflict with each other opt to cease hostilities for the moment. There is no benefit to fighting over a piece of land that will simply disolve into the mists when the battle is done. The newly created shart seems to contain significant portions of both the Sunrise and Sunset courts. There is additional power available to the two courts which could be leveraged in this case.
Nothing rhymes with orange!
Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

Mox's eyes opened as he manifested upon the material world of Erian. Before him, a great wall of mist, the same mists that consumed the world ages ago. The prankster who usually was coupled with an ear to ear grin held no such smile as his eyes burned with diefic fire. He knew the task he had set forth upon himself as his eyes tried to pierce the thick, obscuring wall.

The jester lowered his form, sitting cross-legged before the foggy land before him. His moment was almost upon him and he knew not what kind of resistance he would meet before or after he headed to his intended destination. All the painted man could do at this moment is to sit and wait.
Embracing me is to embrace the true way your mind works. Let yourself not be hindered by the false.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

It is unfortunate, Simjen, that my sister is no longer with us. I wasn't old enough to have more than impressions of our mother. But if legends and my father's writings are true, she and Calais were very much like alike. Earth would - well, "obviously" is far too weak a word - be a huge help to you in this, eh?
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

ZEPHYR, DO NOT PRESUME TO SPEAK FOR ME AGAIN!!You have no clue what I am capable of and you do not know what I intend to do.

So, hold your tongue and stop showing what a dunce you are.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

*plugs ears* Must you shout?

I wasn't speaking for you. I was speaking for Calais. She would have been honored to work with Simjen, and would have jumped at the chance. The savior of Eiran in the Second Age; friend and ally of our parents; maker of the Herzwald... And the list goes on and on. If I was not about to be attacked by the worm and his bitch, and didn't need my power for defences (fortunately, my method of attack requires no power), I would give all I have to Simjen to mend the world.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

(fortunately, my method of attack requires no power),
So, by your own words you admit that you will attack me when I have done nothing but argue with you. How typical!

You see? The whining already begins. AND, the visions of victimization.

And in case you haven't noticed, Calais no longer exists. But, you are such a dunderhead, that small fact has escaped your notice. Hence, you speak for imaginary creatures.

Perhaps Mox has been more effective than I previously thought!
Simjen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Simjen »

Thank you, Numen, for your offer. And to those who have approached me privately.

I do have my own plan for the work, relying on my own method and instinct as I have always done, but your aid in making sure everything comes together smoothly would be appreciated.

I did have reservations about voicing my plan publicly, considering the Trickster has returned before me, but if he wants to abandon his fool's errand to interfere, then I'll consider it a bonus. And if others want to sabotage... well, Eiran's fate would be on them and not myself.

I will not be rebuilding the moon bridges. While they are impressive work for mortal hands, they are, after all, a mere stopgap. I can do better by fixing the damage my enemy wrought. With the tools at my disposal and the help of my newfound allies, I will bring the drifting shards together. I think the act itself will pose little challenge.

But just as Nephirthos' rage caused immeasurable suffering, the remedy will not be without casualties. The ground may heave. The stress on the remaining moonbridges might also be more than they can bear, though I will fix the other shards in the future regardless. If anyone chooses to alleviate these problems rather than aid me directly, they have my thanks.

Vashitva, the son of my old ally is correct. I could have counted on both your father and mother, but you choose to castigate Zephyr rather than offer any assistance. My heart nearly breaks to see my friends' line brought to such a state. I do not condemn you for who you are, but I cannot say I approve. As you surely see from my proposal, your assistance would be invaluable. If you choose not to help, I hope you answer the cries of those who will look to you for it.

Return to “Pantheon”