What would YOU do after drinking Earthblood

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

hearthrall antonicus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by hearthrall antonicus »

Ahhhhhhhhhh Vader you killed me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!! :haha:
You can judge the true character of a person on how they treat those who can do nothing for them
-Sensei Moe,Sensei Larry,Sensei Curly...
Shemp was NOT a wannabe, Joe Besser was the Poser

Chairman of M E M L A
Darkdenubis
Stonedownor

Post by Darkdenubis »

I would Command the Ravers to lose their ability to possess. Without bodies to take control of, they would remain forever ineffectual, a fate worse then death for a being that is immortal. And it would completely cripple Foul's ability to manipulate events from afar.

Then I would have Bannor Command the IllEarth Stone to cease to work for Foul only. This would release Kevin, save Elena and further cripple Foul, for surely he would never allow one of his cronies to use such a powerful item, in fear of being overthrown himself.

OF course, I say this from the safety of home, without Kevin pounding on my girl..in a panic, I would likely Command something horrendous and blight the entire Land lol
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

Darkdenubis wrote:OF course, I say this from the safety of home, without Kevin pounding on my girl..in a panic
8O :lol:
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
tinhamodic
Servant of the Land

Post by tinhamodic »

You know that old adage, "Be careful of what you wish for" and whenever I think or dream of a genie ever granting me a wish I remember in Aladdin: Return of Jafar when someone wished for great treasure and the evil genie transported him to a sunken ship under the sea! So the Power of Command can work the same way. Anyway, if I were to have a sip of the Earthblood I would command the Ravers to go to the very tip of Melenkurion Skyweir and to remain there and never leave.
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

I think in Covenants case I would have used the Power in order to try to undo the harm I had done to Lena and her family (I know Covenant had tried to make reparation with the Ranhyin but this had clearly failed). I think the Kevin summoning idea was the bad idea to top all bad ideas - as indeed it proved to be - and simplistic ideas like commanding Foul out of existence would no doubt have reverberated with consequences that would have made matters worse rather than better. Hence my use of it would have been perhaps less ambitious but hopefully more productive. :goodnevil:
Your politicians screwed you over and you are suprised by this?

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

I would command that Lord Fouls Voice and Intent not reach the ears or minds of any that can obey. cutting off his arms and legs...at the same time chant to the Ravers...you are now the protectors of Trees and life, if Foul wanted to do things he would have to get off his ass and do it himself. Since Lord Foul is outside the ability of Law and Time I would make that command to anything within the arch...ravers... elohim... people animals Urviles, Stone.. wood..water...wind... fire... etc.... but the outcome of that may also be the end of the age of magic and lore turning the land into nothing more than what we have right here.

it might go something like this.... Foul says "Satansfist ... I command you to go and gather my Armies in Mount thunder...... ............. Satansfist..did you hear me?"

"SATANS FIST!!!!!!! FLESHHARROWER!!! KINSLAUGHTER!!!! do you hear me!!!!?!?!? (silence) Then i must do it myself... where is my Illearth stone..... (foul places hands on the stone) nothing....taps stone.... its cold and unresponsive... oohhhh Blackhawk... you are the defacation of a Raver... DAMN YOU FOR Eternity!!!!!
aeladh
Servant of the Land

Post by aeladh »

How about Commanding the ravers to have a daily picnic on Gallows Howe?

That's annoy them.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Funny, aeladh.

Welcome to the Watch. Why not introduce yourself in the Summonsing forum, for a true and full Welcome?
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

jacob Raver, sinTempter wrote:? HOw is Earthblood 'natural'? the Creator would have had to intend Earthpower...bleeding Earth is not a positive thing really, I dunno...
Maybe the Earth is a woman . . . ? :oops:
In the GI, Donaldson wrote:Anything that lives carries within it the seeds of its own destruction. (And our own bodies demonstrate just how *many* seeds there can be.) The alternative is stasis. Indeed, anything that doesn't both grow and die (usually in that order) can't really be described as being alive. So if the Creator wanted to make a living world, he pretty much had to supply the means for the eventual ending of that world. Hence, to my way of thinking, the tangible existence of the Worm of the World's End doesn't conflict at all with the general cosmology put forth by the Lords.

(04/29/2004)
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

What would I do after drinking the Earthblood?
Gargle?
Do, or do not. There is no try.
I think you like me because I'm a scoundrel.
Irishman and Gamecock fan
Vanja the Gravelingas
Servant of the Land

Post by Vanja the Gravelingas »

It would be a hard choice to make...I'd probably order the Fire-Lions to kill every Corrupted creature that tries to leave Mount Thunder. Dunno how much good it would do against the Ravers,though... :?
Thorhammerhand
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thorhammerhand »

'ALL elohiem will return to thier clachen, only to leave as apointed with plain responces to questioning'
If we all follow Berek's code of warriors then the world would be full of the worst warriors imaginable.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

The Earthblood simply is natural on that world. It's just the way it is.

I once suggested, however, that it wasn't. I suggested it was one of Lord Foul's banes. No way can anyone use it safely. Some will try to do good, and screw it up with unforseen consequences. Others will try to do harm. It serves Foul pretty well, so maybe he put it there. Of course, that's not what happened, but I thought it was a fun theory.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Bump for kvickie. Looks like I had the final word on this thread, eh? Almost five years ago! :lol:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”