Spooks

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

finn wrote:What are you waiting for, get a photo and replace the toaster! :D
:lol:
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
taraswizard
<i>Haruchai</i>

MI 5 (AKA Spooks)

Post by taraswizard »

The US viewing of this series has been through a few permutations. Firstly, in the US it's been called MI 5 consistently. Around 2003 or so some episodes were shown on A&E (owned by Universal and part of NBC) cable network, currently many PBS stations are showing episodes. I'm not sure how carefully the programmers are adhering to series order. Around a month or two ago I saw an episode where a very young man, who was an expert hacker and cracker of computer systems, was reluctantly recruited to help the unit catch a French arms dealer. But about a week ago, the episode where a small group of US anti-abortion activist were exporting their brand of terrorism to the UK. (For your information, IIRC that was the first episode aired back when A&E cable was showing the series).
Allan Rosewarne
taraswizard Essence of Amber
Buffy fans Chicago
W/T they are forever
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

is this show airing in the US? not sure i have bbc on my Cable... will have to look ...it sounds interesting. ... MI 5....still never heard of it... ill have to check aroun
finn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by finn »

Season 9 has just started airing in Oz, its been around for a while in the UK I think but looks promising.............that's apart of course from the track record of brilliance in seasons 1-8!
"Winston, if you were my husband I'd give you poison" ................ "Madam, if you were my wife I would drink it!"

"Terrorism is war by the poor, and war is terrorism by the rich"

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well."

"The opposite of pro-life isn't pro-death. Y'know?"

"What if the Hokey Cokey really is what its all about?"
pippin
Servant of the Land

Post by pippin »

I'm a big fan of Spooks - series 10 is apparently well under way, but it'll only be 6 episodes :( I'm a sucker for espionage in general (not James Bond so much...) so imagine my delight when I was asked to teach the Cryptography module on our masters course :)
Loremaster wrote:My god, Keeley Hawes is gorgeous (actress who plays Zoe).
Indeed, but Miranda Raison (played Jo Portman) is my fave :wink:
finn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by finn »

Loremaster wrote:My god, Keeley Hawes is gorgeous (actress who plays Zoe).
She also starred in Ashes to Ashes the sequel to Life on Mars. I'm not sure what circumstances changed her (maybe a baby) but whilst still with a gorgeous face, you need a widescreen for the bottom half....sorry if that's objectifying or whatever, just the way it is! :oops:
"Winston, if you were my husband I'd give you poison" ................ "Madam, if you were my wife I would drink it!"

finn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by finn »

Just watched Season 9, and its up to the expected standard. Nothing is taboo on this show plot-wise and anyone is fair game for failure, shame corruption, mistakes and human frailty.

The Chinese get some in this series as well as independents and mercs. there seems to be a greater degree of cordiality between London and Washington, or perhaps its just less animosity! But great show and intrigue levels kept up all the way through.

Definitely not the show to audition for if you want a long term gig!

bossk
The Gap Into Spam

Post by bossk »

Man, my wife and I loved this show, but I had no idea it went to 10 seasons. I think we only got four here. Really great show.
Misanthropes of the world, unite!
finn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by finn »

I envy you so much quality drama yet to come!

I can't get enough of this series which combines action, drama, thriller all in a current affairs environment without an overt political message.

Enjoy.....

bossk
The Gap Into Spam

Post by bossk »

finn wrote:I envy you so much quality drama yet to come!

I can't get enough of this series which combines action, drama, thriller all in a current affairs environment without an overt political message.

Enjoy.....
Yes, now I simply have to find the next few seasons on DVD somewhere. Last I checked, Netflix didn't even have them.
Misanthropes of the world, unite!

Return to “TV Shows”