Introducing . . . Miss Susie Thurston

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by hue of fuzzpaws »

Mark 1

"Let's not fight. I don't like fighting" Frostheart Grueburn
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

8O

uhhhh..

Hold on a minute.
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

I think you got the description right.. I just listened to this scene recently and everything looks right (dont recall the clothing in the scene :D ) but she needs dark circles under her eyes not too much but enough to make her look like she wasnt sleeping well or she is going through a breakup.....she looks waifish enough and her expression fits.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

HA! You did it ... too amazing.
Lord Foul's Breath Mint
Servant of the Land
Location: In a-Jeroth's pocket, rattling around with the keys to Ridjeck Thome and some Illearth Stone slivers

Post by Lord Foul's Breath Mint »

Nice work! I imagine her being a bit older and more worn than this, more '70s showbiz-cheesy.
Wheelwash Whitecap Mate
Servant of the Land

RE: Women's clothing

Post by Wheelwash Whitecap Mate »

Regarding the pictures posted on this site by some members:

I have a serious question for persons whom post women's pictures on this website. I would like to know why it is that all of the pictures thus far of women warriors must wear little clothing and be dressed scantily. I realize that this might be how some visualize the women who fight in these books, but I do not believe in my own personal opinion that I or many members of my sex would be caught dead fighting in something that looks as if it is lingerie. I think it would be more realistic and sensible to have the women dressed appropriately in pictures and in visions.

Ladies am I wrong? I do not go into a fight, if the occasion arises, in my lingerie underwear because I do not want all seen by the world during said fight.

Please consider this statement, I mean really, can't they be semi dressed? I agree that women who carry swords and fight are not going to be in sweat pants and long shirts, but black leather that reveals most of their body??????????

Just my thoughts on the pics posted on this discussion and a few others.

Wheelwash Whitecap Mate
Thorhammerhand
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thorhammerhand »

I agree with the sentiment, in principle. The Warward picture for instance could, (and IMHO SHOULD), be dressed better, more, completely, decently (whatever you want to call it).

However in this case, Miss Susie Thurston, I believe that this picture is a very reasonable representation of the character in IEW.
If we all follow Berek's code of warriors then the world would be full of the worst warriors imaginable.
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Thorhammerhand
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thorhammerhand »

Thanks hue.

Cheered me up no end.
If we all follow Berek's code of warriors then the world would be full of the worst warriors imaginable.
hpty603
Woodhelvennin

Post by hpty603 »

I think the picture of the soldier was a bit of a joke, Hue was just having fun and not being serious. Maybe just seeing what he could make. And hey, I'm not complaining, keep up the good work

Linden should have quailed. His certainty was as bitter as the touch of a Raver: it should have defeated her. But it did not. How often had she heard Lord Foul or his servants prophesy destruction, attempting to impose despair? And how often had Thomas Covenant shown her that it was possible to stand upright under the weight of utter hopelessness?
Thorhammerhand
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thorhammerhand »

However I had just finished a bad section of work and needed a laugh
Wheelwash Whitecap Mate
Servant of the Land

Ha Ha very funny. But it must be said that the outfit is at least something that I could see her kicking butt in. It would at least protect her...imagine that armor protects warriors.

WWM
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Wheelwash Whitecap Mate wrote:Ha Ha very funny. But it must be said that the outfit is at least something that I could see her kicking butt in.
Yes - I agree that the armour is way wore suitable for the purpouse, but if we're going to get into the issue of the portrayal of women as (sex?) objects in male dominated culture, then whyfore the need for them to 'kick butt' at all. Not to suggest that women are all sweetness and candy (or should be) , but few women could be happy to see the children they laboured so hard over being sent to war, let alone want to participate in it - and the very sensible predisposition for women to 'jaw jaw' before they 'war war' is not one that should be lightly cast aside in a misguided attempt to make literary female charachter's ape their more brutish male counterparts.
Your politicians screwed you over and you are suprised by this?

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Wheelwash Whitecap Mate
Servant of the Land

whyfore the need for them to 'kick butt' at all. ...few women could be happy to see the children they laboured so hard over being sent to war, let alone want to participate in it.

The need to "kick butt in a war" should not be sexist at all. Women, men, and their children should be willing to fight for freedom, civil liberties, and other things that they believe in. Yes, I as a mother of a couple of children, would worry about my children if they went to war, but their safety and freedom should not be more secure because of someone else's fighting then mine should be. If the need arises I am going to protect what is mine and my loved ones by talking or force if necessary. My blood and fighting and that of my families is no more or less valuable then any other families and will be used if called upon to protect and defend what I find precious and valuable to me and my family. However, I will be dressed in appropriate attire as I am trying to fight not have sex or distract them.

WWM
Thorhammerhand
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thorhammerhand »

:goodpost:
Spoiler
That is the attitude of the giants WWM, keep it up
Wheelwash Whitecap Mate
Servant of the Land

Thank you! I take that as a very big compliment. The Giants in the books that I have read thus far have shown that they are courageous, kind, hard working, and enduring when it comes to what they believe in and I strive to be that way at all times. I would find no better joy then to be in the company of such great persons or in this case Giants.

Anita W.
Thorhammerhand
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thorhammerhand »

Spoiler
Giants in the LC especially FR
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Re: Introducing . . . Miss Susie Thurston

Post by peter »

Wheelwash Whitecap Mate wrote:
My blood and fighting and that of my families is no more or less valuable then any other families and will be used if called upon to protect and defend what I find precious and valuable to me and my family. However, I will be dressed in appropriate attire as I am trying to fight not have sex or distract them.

WWM
Yes, that is fine (and completely sensible) - but the pictures here are not for real, they're just fun, not meant to be taken seriously and certainly not as an affront to the dignity of women any more than hulking male warriors like Conan were supposed to imply that all men were thick, brutish and violent.
Your politicians screwed you over and you are suprised by this?

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Thorhammerhand
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thorhammerhand »

Good point peter, but I (a man) feel that there should be a certain amount of respect for women, even in these forums.

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”