Vampire: Dark Ages - OOC Discussion

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Johann Von Braniff
Woodhelvennin

Post by Johann Von Braniff »

Nah, I've picked one. But, I'm still trying to figure out the rest of that sheet. Not at all sure what I'm doing. I've been reading the rules thread to see if I can make sense of it all.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Disciplines are coming...

Since I thought everyone understood them, other than me, I've been taking my time at transcribing them. I'll start putting more in to it, now that I am pretty much caught up in the other games I'm involved in.

Since I am letting the StoryTeller decide, I haven't really read up on any of the clans. So, as a shot in the dark, I'll go with Ravnos, if they would embrace someone who claims to be a noble by birth. Unless that is who Seska means by Nos, but my thinking is that is short for Nosferatu.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Johann, if you're on any kind of IM client, feel free to ping me. I'm (you guessed it) goatkiller666 on: yahoo, hotmail, googletalk, aol.

(This post will be edited later so bots don't get me.)
Johann Von Braniff
Woodhelvennin

Ah, I sent you a PM before I saw this post.

Edit: I sent a contact request from yahoo IM.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Johann, I never saw an invite. PM me your ID, and I'll add you. (I use Pidgin, not Yahoo's client, so I wouldn't be surprised if one of my privacy settings is stopping your invite from getting to me. I usually end up having to manually add people, then two-way communication works fine.)
Johann Von Braniff wrote:I watch and listen to all the conversation
In an effort to make sure that any actions taken before the character sheet is all sorted, I'll keep track of any stats you use, to make sure they're reflected on the character sheet. This means Johann speaks Hungarian and Slovak. And being Austrian, we'll assume a native language of German. So, that's two dots of Linguistics needed.

(Sorry, I do this as a player, too... it's the character sheet version of counting cards. "Oh, he used THAT power? He must then be at least <this> generation and be strong in <that> discipline... chances are good he's from <that other> clan..." I don't claim that I'm NOT crazy... I just try to use my baggage in ways that benefit me, instead of hurt.)
Johann Von Braniff
Woodhelvennin

Oh cool! Thanks, I need all the help I can get. Should I redo the sheet then?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

When you say "redo" I imagine that you've sent me a copy of it already, though I've received nothing. I should be online again this evening, so hit me up real-time. (Yes, I have no life.)
Johann Von Braniff
Woodhelvennin

Heh. Okay, I'll put the new skills in and try to send it again.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Okay, I has a formatting question for you's guys (and gals). Other game masters here on the forums seem to follow the pattern of writing in several distinct posts when there are several different threads to the conversation going. And while I could see that that would make it easier to know that Sigismond talking to Xander / Olaf wasn't related to Leopold talking to Seska, it also poked at my OCD and the desire not to double-post. So, I've been doing all my stuff in a single post that (hopefully) addressed everyone's various threads.

But now that I've done it a few times, I start to wonder if the need to break those things apart was maybe stronger than I thought. So... what's everyone's opinion... do I do that as one post, or several?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I will be creating my character this afternoon.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Excellent!
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

I am fine with either, as long as it is consistent. I was able to follow your single-post style just fine if that is what you prefer, though.
Johann Von Braniff
Woodhelvennin

I have no trouble following it the way you are doing it now.
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Post by Taduz Illyannovich »

I like the single post thing myself. But whatever works best for you, long as it's consistant.
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
Seeker, Koldun, Fleshcrafter.
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So, Alina got most of the disciplines to me, so I went ahead and posted them. I'm playing with the Announcement / Sticky / Normal status settings, to see if I can keep the current active threads (game thread and OOC thread) to the top of the list, then the miscallaneous stuff in the middle, and rules stuff at the bottom, including all those discipline threads.

As time goes by, I'll dig out my other books and transcribe other disciplines into what's there. Specifically, since there are multiple level 6+ powers for each discipline, I'm allowing a new post for each level.

In other news, we have one more new player about to join us, once the character is all worked out. This character will arrive late because of the storm, just so the rest of us can continue. Likewise, still no word from Loremaster, but if he shows up before you're embraced, we'll get him integrated.

You hear that, Lore? Hurry up. :)
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Other changes: to some confusion with real-life people of the same name, the NPC formerly known as Paul will now be known as Pierre. I've edited all posts in the thread to reflect this. It is not out of the possibility that I will slip up and write Paul in some future post. This is merely an error on my part; please bring it to my attention, and it will be fixed.
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

I'm going to start thinking of everything Sabine says in a GIR voice. "We're bastin' my head!"
Eugen Razvan
Giantfriend

Post by Eugen Razvan »

Welcome, I am Eugen Razvan, of the Tzmisce.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Why did I only JUST NOW make the connection between Nor Yekith and the Tzimisce clan as a whole? If Eugen is anything like NY, this game just got a whole lot more interesting.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Goatkiller666 wrote:Why did I only JUST NOW make the connection between Nor Yekith and the Tzimisce clan as a whole? If Eugen is anything like NY, this game just got a whole lot more interesting.
The name says it all, seriously.

I'm going to be emailing you my character sheet now - it's all done, except for the background details.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”