How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

... wrote:I feel like I've been ripped off by someone I thought I could trust. It's a small matter, otherwise totally unimportant, but still, not a good feeling.
What did Tom do this time? :lol:
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

nah...
I have a feeling it's not TOM this time...
Just a guess though.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Congrats on a tough decision, SD -- I know you looked long and hard for that job. The economy seems to be loosening up a bit, so here's hoping the next one comes along soon. :)

So last night, I forgot that I hadn't set the clocks ahead before I left. I kept looking at the clock on the living room wall and wondering why I felt so tired. When I finally got around to going to bed, I saw the clock in the bedroom (which changes to and from DST by itself -- how cool is that?) and realized it was almost 2am. 8O Then I woke up feeling sick in the middle of the night. So I cut class today. And now that I've missed three out of ten weeks, I'm not sure I should bother going back. Ah well, we'll see.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Phantasm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Phantasm »

It's Saturday night and I'm having a few drinks at home.

Got an interview on Thursday for a temporary promotion, so I'm celebrating/comiserating in advance :biggrin:

Took my son to see Astro Boy this morning for the princely sum of £1 each - outstanding value, and took our own snacks.

Not back at work until Tuesday so gonna chill out for a couple of days and do stuff with the wife and kids.
Quote - John Smeaton (Terrorists take note)

"This is Glasgow- we'll just set aboot ye"

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, Phantasm.
And the majority of next week. :)

Right now I'm concerned.

I posted about our dinner out last night where Beorn started to show signs of illness in The Galley earlier today. He was feeling fine most of today, although he had a slight headache and was running a low grade fever when he got up and at noon. However, he just went to lie down and take a nap without encouragement. Generally a bad sign for him.

I asked if he was feeling worse and he said no, that he was just tired. Running a low grade fever can do that, but I decided to take his temperature again anyway.

Crap.
From 99.8°F to 104°F in the space of six hours.
I'm making sure he's drinking and had him take two more ibuprofen. Some good vibes that whatever the bug is passes overnight, or by Monday at the latest, appreciated.

Mi Shebeirach
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

That sounds suspiciously like the flu bug that hit me in late November and early December of last year. As nasty an illness as I can remember and nothing to take lightly. I had a fever that spiked to those kind of temperatures and then down again for three or four days. I still wonder if ever got back all mental capacity I may have burned out in those spikes...

I know you and Hyperception are doing all you can for him. We will be sending all the good vibes / prayers we can from here for Beorn's swift recovery and for peace-of-mind for the two of you.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Lord Foul wrote:
... wrote:I feel like I've been ripped off by someone I thought I could trust. It's a small matter, otherwise totally unimportant, but still, not a good feeling.
What did Tom do this time? :lol:
Tom? LOL! No, Tom's more trustworthy than I am; he's proven that plenty enough to me.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Fine.... stop crying. I'll send you your five bucks back.... sheesh.

I'm tired. Inventory was kinda fun today but busy.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Hope Beorn's fever goes down soon, Menolly.

I've beeling slightly better the last couple of days than I have been for quite a few months. Been hacking a lot of trees back in the garden (nothing like saw therapy!). Thought I should get off my butt too and finish this short story I've been writing for far too long. So I'm doing things I used to do but kinda stopped doing. Feel like I've had my life on hold for too long now and since I can't fix any of the big problems in my life right now I decided to just be happy being miserable. ;) Seems to be working so far.
Spiral Jacobs
Giantfriend

Post by Spiral Jacobs »

Cagliostro wrote:
Spiral Jacobs wrote:Itchy. I'm wearing about 8 stickers on my chest and a little recorder for a 24-hour ECG. They had to shave my chest hair in a few places.
Are you sure it is an ECG, or are you unwittingly being used as a mole for the FBI/CIA?
Do you really want to know?
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Spiral Jacobs wrote:
Cagliostro wrote:
Spiral Jacobs wrote:Itchy. I'm wearing about 8 stickers on my chest and a little recorder for a 24-hour ECG. They had to shave my chest hair in a few places.
Are you sure it is an ECG, or are you unwittingly being used as a mole for the FBI/CIA?
Do you really want to know?
8O Is this one of those "if I tell you, I'll have to kill you" things?

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

We had an awesome barbecue yesterday. Pork ribs, chicken drumsticks, and sausages (beer soaked brats, and jalapeno brats). Fruit salad, potato salad, and fresh pineapple that we also threw on the grill. And one of my roommates works for Monster, so he provided one of those 4' high cylinder coolers that we ended up filling to the brim with various cans and bottles of beer.

We started drinking around 1 in the afternoon, started braising the ribs around 3, got the grill really going around 5, and generally had a blast. Best day I've had in a long, long time :)
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
Kaydene
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kaydene »

I bought a car! My car troubles are over! '03 Ford Focus 77k miles. I bought it for $6k, put $3k down and bought a 3 year warranty. Whew! Feels so great to have that weight taken off of my shoulders. :)
"This is the room where Jezebel frescoed her eyelids with history's tragic glitter." ~Tom Robbins

Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Crowded. I'm having tile put down in the kitchen and dining room so the stove, fridge, buffet, and dining room table and chairs are all stacked in the living room. I have to climb over an end table to get to my recliner, and I can just barely squeeze into sitting at my computer desk. But the place will look much nicer after it's done Thursday.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I am in serious pain. A customer knocked me literally for a loop today. I was on my way to help a male customer with flash drives and I was walking around a female customer who apparently didn't realize I was there. She stepped out in front of me and took both my feet out from under me which knocked me into a huge stack of cases of reams of paper, I ricocheted off the stack and fell the last foot and a half parallel to the floor landing on my left hip and elbow. I have a HUGE egg swelling on both hip and elbow, a bruise forming on my right knee from hitting the paper stack and friction burn on the arm from the tile floor and being in a short sleeved shirt. My lower back is knotting up a bit too. I watched it on the spaced frame feedback from the security camera and I am literally freeze framed parallel to the floor about a foot and a half in the air. It was crazy. Jacob came running over and asked me if I was ok and so I had to jump up and say I was fine before I burst into tears. I managed to keep it together long enough to assure the customer I was fine then I finished helping the customer I was attempting to help with flashdrives. Then I went back to dps and started to lose it. Jason noticed I was starting to cry so he said, "Come to the back, you need to sit down. " and took me to the break room and made me sit and drink a whole glass of water slowly and breathe calmly to help get over the shock. Jacob later told me that from the look on my face he thought I was going to get up and beat the girl into a bloody mess and so he was surprised when I got up and smiled at her and repeatedly reassured her that I was ok. Ugh. My hip and elbow are throbbing severely. That totally sucked.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Please get checked out, Jenn.
Even if you think it is nothing in the long run.
|G
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I will. I think I was still just a little too shook up even when I left. I called Jacob when I got home and I leaked tears the whole way home which got me some funny looks while walking home, anyway, we are going to file an incident report tomorrow in case I feel the need to get checked out. Thanks for the hug. If you have a white tea candle and don't mind lighting it and thinking thoughts of healing to me, I would appreciate it.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Done. :)
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Kaydene wrote:I bought a car! My car troubles are over! '03 Ford Focus 77k miles. I bought it for $6k, put $3k down and bought a 3 year warranty. Whew! Feels so great to have that weight taken off of my shoulders. :)
congrats! I think the warranty was a good idea. Did you get it from Ford or a private company?
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

CMJ, that's showing a lot of composure in an awkward situation. Me, I would've given the person the evil eye, cuz that's just the way I am.
Nope, I wouldn't last long in retail.

Anyway, I sincerely hope it's nothing more serious than bruises.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”