AATE Cover Art (US)

Book 3 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, High Lord Tolkien

Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

yeah, it was the reworked Runes cover. I've had a few too many drinks to do this efficiently, but here's the link to the amazon book with the new cover:

www.amazon.com/Runes-Earth-Chronicles-T ... 266&sr=8-1
Savor Dam wrote:Not to cast aspersions on what Sea and Romeo have had to say in-thread, but aren't they (along with Jenn) sworn to secrecy in regard to any aspect of the content of the forthcoming volume? Do we need to treat all this as misdirection?
I never misdirect. I just choose not to say a word. ;)

Besides, your guess is as good as mine: I don't know "officially" who's on the cover but it seems quite logical to me. After all, he's got beads on him. The only character that I know of in The Last Chronicles (or the chronicles for that matter) who wears beads is than the Harrow?
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Seareach wrote:
Savor Dam wrote:Not to cast aspersions on what Sea and Romeo have had to say in-thread, but aren't they (along with Jenn) sworn to secrecy in regard to any aspect of the content of the forthcoming volume? Do we need to treat all this as misdirection?
Fair enough. Implying that you were anything but a straight shooter was wrong; neither of you deserve that, we know you better than that.

I probably should have phrased my post in more diplomatic terms...or let it go with the single sentence. :oops:
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Hmm....kinda like that Esmer cover.

The new one could be the Harrow, but it can't be Staff of Law no runes, as someone said, also no metal heels. [ok, so it COULD be, but it shouldn't be.]
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Since when did we start believing that Chronicles covers depicted characters and events from the books with total accuracy? :wink:

Okay, so it's a Staff of Law without runes. I can live with that. :lol:
Prover of Life
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Prover of Life »

lorin wrote:
Prover of Life wrote:I don't think that's Covenant. Look at his fingers. No half-hand.

I think that is going to be Harrow. Or Kevin?

Either way... I like it.
do I feel dumb or what.................... :oops:
Ha! That's alright.
Old man how is it that you hear these things?
Young man how is it that you do not?

Master Po
Prover of Life
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Prover of Life »

Well, now that we have the U.S. cover.....

any of you savvy types able to convert that to SHALL PASS UTTERLY so we can have the "proper" title?

Master Po
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Savor Dam wrote:
Seareach wrote:
Fair enough. Implying that you were anything but a straight shooter was wrong; neither of you deserve that, we know you better than that.

I probably should have phrased my post in more diplomatic terms...or let it go with the single sentence. :oops:
No probs at all. :) I wasn't offended or anything. Just saying. :)
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Prover wrote:any of you savvy types able to convert that to SHALL PASS UTTERLY so we can have the "proper" title?
:goodpost:
fall far and well Pilots!
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

spoonchicken
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by spoonchicken »

#1: Yes, that's the Harrow (or at least as accurate as a Covenant cover is ever gonna get) ....and #2: I wonder if the Harrow would posess any theurgies if he was naked? Remember, he's always fiddling with the beads when he works his magicks...
"Who enters here, do not lose hope / Who leaves; do not rejoice / Who has not been, shall be here yet / Who has been here, shall never forget" Anonymous / discovered scratched into the wall of a cell in the KGB's Lefortovo Prison in Moscow/originally quoted in the book "Alexander Dolguns Story" (by A.Dolgun),describing the ordeals of an American citizen falsely imprisoned by the Soviet Union from 1948 to 1957.
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Nice job, MM! :D

spoonchicken wrote:#2: I wonder if the Harrow would posess any theurgies if he was naked?
I'm sure he'd possess at least one! ;)
littledaniele
Stonedownor

Post by littledaniele »

spoonchicken wrote:#1: Yes, that's the Harrow (or at least as accurate as a Covenant cover is ever gonna get) ....and #2: I wonder if the Harrow would posess any theurgies if he was naked? Remember, he's always fiddling with the beads when he works his magicks...
I do agree with you that his "raiment" (the word SRD used) has something to do with his theurgies, but also his eyes. 8)
-darkness withers the heart!
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

hmm..must be the Harrow but he doesnt have the heels on the staff..no runes either. i first thought it might be Esmer, didnt the Harrow have solid black eyes? but your right ..the beads... has to be the Harrow. im almost done with FR.. ive been dragging it out.. but i cant drag it out much longer... I hate wishing my life away but Come on October..Get here already!!!!!
Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

Seareach wrote:Nice job, MM! :D

spoonchicken wrote:#2: I wonder if the Harrow would posess any theurgies if he was naked?
1. I agree! BRAVO, MM! (I'm going to email this to Steve - I'm sure he'll enjoy it. :-) )

2. Girl, I just HAVE to catch a flight over to your continent! (and that's not just the several glasses of tequila talking *grin*) :-D
And then the ravens pecked out his eyes.
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Romeo wrote:
seareach wrote:
2. Girl, I just HAVE to catch a flight over to your continent! (and that's not just the several glasses of tequila talking *grin*) :-D
What makes you think I wanna see your theurgy? ;) But, ok...why not. :twisted: After all, we've got something in common no one else has. (....And that's not just the numerous glasses of white wine I've had talkin' <cheeky grin>).
Prover of Life
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Prover of Life »

matrixman wrote:Image
Very good! Thanks. I'm saving that one!

Master Po
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Seareach wrote:
I never misdirect. I just choose not to say a word. Wink
Liar. ;)
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

dlbpharmd wrote:Seareach wrote:
I never misdirect. I just choose not to say a word. Wink
Liar. ;)
Oh, yeah, sorry about that--with the exception of you, dlb. Torturing you is one of my favorite ways to pass the time. But you have to admit: you don't exactly get anything of substance out of me--I may as well not be saying a word. :biggrin: You're just far too easily worked up! ;)

...which reminds me, I haven't tortured you lately! :twisted:
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Thanks, everyone! Glad you like my redo.
Romeo wrote:(I'm going to email this to Steve - I'm sure he'll enjoy it. :) )
8O Uh, okay. I'll be in my bomb shelter, just in case.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Maybe it's not the Staff of Law that the Harrow is holding. Sometimes a staff is just a staff. ;)

BTW, AATE is now available for pre-order from Amazon.com -- which I know because I just did. :mrgreen: Oddly, they didn't have the cover art up yet. Is this a sort of sneak preview, then, Romeo?

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/

Return to “Against All Things Ending”