Pantheon - The Third Age - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Hey! I was the first to ask Bel to speak plainly! Sheesh! Family!
Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

How is it that so few apprehend? Look back upon my very first teachings in this world: There can be no true Peace until all violence is ended. There are no contradictions. There is no faltering, nor delusion.

My purpose has always been clear.

I am done with those who do not understand.

Let them perish along with all who oppose Peace.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
uKulwa
Giantfriend

Post by uKulwa »

While there is life, there can be no end to violence.

I do not value the benefits of pain, suffering or unhappiness. But I glory in the eternal conflict of life. Who has felt more alive than he who brandishes his spear above the bloody corpse of his foe?

Not for nothing is the victory cry of my faithful Ngadla! I have eaten! For is the victor not sated by the death of his enemy? Until the next enemy comes in sight? And does he not then hunger for another taste of that victory?

Truly, all life is a battle. A battle against the elements, a battle against the dictates of instinct, a battle against fear, a battle against false pride.

Bel's peace is the peace of oblivion. Cold. Stagnant. Sterile. Boring.

As long as one green and growing thing stuggles to reach the light, there is conflict. And where there is conflict, there is life also.

Peace will ill suit you bretheren. The only peace Bel promises is the peace of the grave.
All Things Begin and End in Strife.
------------------------------------
Msasi Haogopi Mwiba.

The Hunter Does Not Fear Thorns
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Bel wrote:... Let them perish along with all who oppose Peace.
Perish
  • - to die or be destroyed through violence, privation, etc.: to perish in an earthquake.
    - to suffer destruction or ruin: His valuable paintings perished in the fire.
An interesting desire for one who suggests peace holds sway with him.

Hmmmm ... perhaps you have been touched by the Omega as well, friend Bel! Watch and ware then ... there are those who have the power to reshape you to fit your actions!! :twisted: I would be interested in seeing such a transformation!!
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

Bel wrote:How is it that so few apprehend?
Perhaps you mean comprehend, Bel? Of comprehension, The Numen know much.

And yet, you have simply repeated your statement to wish peace, without granting details. (I sense Moxinomial's influence in you.) It's almost as if you wish a reason to attack and kill all of us. (I sense uKulwa's influence in you.)
Nothing rhymes with orange!
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

I understand Raucous has perished! :twisted: :lol:

Can the goddess of light confirm this? And, if so ... might the hide be available still!!? :biggrin: Perhaps singed, but I bet The Numen would know how to repair it in the skinning and tanning!!
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

None survived the coming of the Midnight Armies to Virelle. My beloved was among those in Virelle, offering Healing to those who would not survive without his aid.

Yes, he perished along with many others.
But no, his hide will never fall into your hands, Decadence.

Hail Beloved!
Hail Raucous!!!
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

O-gon-cho wrote:None survived the coming of the Midnight Armies to Virelle. ...
Interesting bright one. While I have been here only for this age, I understand that your battles and actions usually lead to grievous harm to Eiran! Twice in the second age your actions led to world altering damage.

And now again in the third age your actions cause destruction and unleash terror!

I think I LIKE you!! :twisted: :lol:

But abandon your feigned innocence and claims of a benign nature. All your paths lead to ruin!
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

My condolences, O-gon-cho. I, too, recently suffered the loss of one who was with me for millennia, even if Calais and I were not in each other's company as much as you and Raucous were. I understand your devestation.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Madadeva wrote:But abandon your feigned innocence and claims of a benign nature. All your paths lead to ruin!
*turns head away in sorrow*

I have no defense to your claim, Madadeva.
My own actions are taken in innocence and with benign intent for the benefit of Eiran.

...and yet.

It seems the AllFather has other plans for me which can be best summed up in this way.
To you I do not speak. I have not spoken to you. There was no need -- is none. I speak to set the feet of my hearers on the paths I design for them, but your path has been mine from the first. You have been well bred to serve me and all your choices conduce to my ends. To attain that which I have desired from you has been a paltry exercise, scarce requiring effort. When I am free, you will accompany me, so that your present torment may be prolonged forever. I will gladly mark myself upon such flesh as yours.
Still, I will continue as I have done.
My intent has always been pure.
"It is only when the hour is darkest
that the Light shines brightest.
"

Light shall yet overcome the dark.
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

There, you see Bel? The Numen seek our Our enemies, and We answer their attacks with nothing but perfect peace.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

O-gon-cho, I mourn your loss for I know you loved Raucous well. Let the love of my embrace console you in your bereavement.
But abandon your feigned innocence and claims of a benign nature. All your paths lead to ruin!
Play nicely, Madadeva. This is not the time for barbs and jibes. Your personality is better suited to charm and persuation.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

You say the nicest things!! :biggrin:
Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

Brothers and sisters, I have returned from the Mists. Heed the following for it is vital for you all! The time for Eiran will soon draw to a close and the true father shall be released. All of your petty bickering and ill-placed ideals have brought forth the cataclysm that will soon come. The AllFather shall not come to your rescue this time. He has seen you tear his creation apart for the final time! Be warned that the Great One will one again be set forth on the remnants of this failed experiment and will wrought this land until nothing remains!
Embracing me is to embrace the true way your mind works. Let yourself not be hindered by the false.
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

Moxinomal, you tell us to heed, as if there is aught we can do to prevent this. Can you provide insight in this area? Else, all we can do is turn our followers over to Madadeva so that they may live their last moments to the fullest.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Party until the end!! :biggrin:

All the old banes are being release ... if I understand Mox correctly, the most significant bane subject to the AllFather's interdict will be allowed free run. He who is a pale shadow of the true Omega, but still strong enough to destroy this world.

I expect the comming of the World Breaker.
Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

*Mox raises both of his hands in clasps as if immitating a crab.*

Right Hand: Nothing you can do will stop the destruction of this worn out marble!

Left Hand: Band together! Fight! Let him not take what we once held true!

Right Hand: It is all moot! Even if you can stop father, the planet will still perish!

Left Hand: You cannot give up hope! Even i-...

*Mox's right hand attacks the left hand and the two hands squabble back and forth*
Embracing me is to embrace the true way your mind works. Let yourself not be hindered by the false.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

cool!! :biggrin: Which hand will win!!? :biggrin:
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

*sigh*

I know the futility of expecting a straight answer... :lol: Madadeva, what the heck is going on in Arakoth?

And, for the third straight season, Pelendra stays put.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Truthfully, I know not. It is impervious to my sight as well...
All communication has been lost with Arakoth, and the area is impervious to divine sight.

Return to “Pantheon”