Pantheon - The Third Age - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Sounds like what occurred when the time smear first struck Sunrise City. I have lost contact with several who have attempted to go in to the affected area to learn of the disturbance. Yet this looks different than the previous smears that have struck since. Perhaps Koel could study and make known if it is also Time related at least.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Very strange. And not at all good news, considering all the other things that have suddenly popped up that can, literally, destroy the world.
Simjen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Simjen »

It seems as though my efforts to save Eiran have only bought us some time. I recognize these winds, as my old friend Solus would say, and they blow us toward our doom. It seems as though I am fated to always fall just short of saving this world. So I will not try again.

I will, however, save my people. I will also save as many followers of those gods who aid me as I can. To do so, I need star metal, either in its raw form or from artifacts that were made with it. Two such artifacts that I know of, a shield and a flute, are still somewhere in Eiran.

Deliver those whom you wish saved along with the material to Megiddo (now named Magythe). For every sizeable piece of star metal, I can accommodate about one thousand followers. Do not send the claustrophobic or weak willed, and be warned that those that break the laws of my halls will be put to work in the mines under the harshest conditions.
Said she, "What I get I get out of the fire,
So prithee, strike home and redouble the blow."
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Bel, any chance you're willing to share anything you know about that time portal on Noptae? I thought it was possible that, since you just used power there, changing much of the terrain, you may have learned something about that area, which was not changed.
Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

I know not what it is nor what is occuring within. If that rotten beast Rothmog had surrendered his futile efforts to oppose me, I might have had chance to investigate, however he is proving stubborn, as those deluded of their own grandeur often are.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

I certainly wish anyone had information on these things! Ah well. Thank you for your response.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Simjen wrote:It seems as though my efforts to save Eiran have only bought us some time. I recognize these winds, as my old friend Solus would say, and they blow us toward our doom. It seems as though I am fated to always fall just short of saving this world. So I will not try again.
It sounds like a great time to build more Den's of Desire. If tomorrow the world dies, party and run wild today! :twisted:
madsage
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by madsage »

Times emit.
-----8<-------------------
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
←↨→
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

An unexpected pleasure, Koel!

As for the World Breaker... Well, let's all hope for the best, eh?
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Bah! There are more important things to be concerned with!!

Dagon, do you think I may have some of the hide of that Worm that Leviathan is destroying? Since Raucous' hide has been denied to me by the manner of his death :lol: , the Numen suggests worm-hide might be a suitable replacement to upholster my throne room furniture!

:twisted:
The Unknowable
Servant of the Land

Post by The Unknowable »

Weaving the diverse threads of Power, My attention is focuses nigh wholly upon a great Working. Channeling unimaginable forces, working within the Laws of My Domain...forging a Resonance, in accordance with the Principle of Sympathy, and pouring Power in to mend and fortify. Even My Most Favored, Domina Ingognii, can merit but scant moments of My awareness, as I Work to abate what could well be The Doom of All.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

I have great faith in The Unknowable.
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

Faith is for mortals. We Know of Our sibling's skill. We are content with this course.
Nothing rhymes with orange!
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

I share the words of the Oracle!

My question:
Madadeva wrote:"How may we avoid the destruction of Eiran?"
The answer:
Kholtanos wrote:I answer your call, Master of Dusk,
For gathering dark is dimming the light.
Twisting paths now lay before you,
Trod in time past or ne'er before.

Brethren have woven this world's grim fate,
Chosen to summon the death of ages,
Challenged the Ancient into new struggle,
Brought back the dead, seeking their Master.

One path alone stands for salvation;
All must unite against the final judgment,
All must abide by one deity's guidance,
Standing before the Eclipsing Gods.

Else the world dies, and with it the hopes
Of mortals which helplessly pray to the sky
Unless lesser paths be chosen in troth
Escape and forsake this doomed world
It is clear that our brother of the Forge is planning to travel the lesser paths. The question for you all is who is the one you must unite under? Well of course the answer is plain! Who but the God of Desire could fullfil your wishes!? Who without the benevolence of the Sunset Court could protect your followers if you chose to stay!?

As we see how the season turns we of Sunset will let you know our orders for facing the coming storm!! :biggrin:
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Although I am your kin in Sunset, Madadeva, I respectfully decline your self-nomination. The One should be a neutral deity, not one that would advance the interests of one court or the other.

Therefore, I nominate Zephyr.

I realize my nomination may sound biased but please hear me.

My first impulse was to nominate Simjen as he has proven resourceful and mighty in the past. Yet, by his own words, he has failed and while I think he is up to the task, I fear it may not work.

Zephy is of the Bhakti Line and none can deny the strength of his commitment to Eiran. He has never made an aggressive move and even acted defensively against his arch-enemy, Nor Yekith. He has no enemies. The love of our father, Bhakit, runs in his veins and Zephyr would restore the natural balance to Eiran.

Of all the gods, only Zephyr would consider everyone's position and preserve Eiran.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

The TWIG?!!! :lol:

As to
Arcadia wrote:Zephy ... has never made an aggressive move .
I have seen a much more aggressive Zephyr than you!! Come to think of it, I like that about him! :biggrin:
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Hehe, Zephyr would never delight in killing and skinning another's prophet, like someone else I know.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

We should point out that Madadeva, as Decadence delights in nearly everything.

We should also point out that the killing of another's prophet was not necessarily part of his plan. Just the skinning.

However, The Numen do not object to Zephyr as a figurehead for our efforts.
Nothing rhymes with orange!
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Arcadia wrote:Hehe, Zephyr would never delight in killing and skinning another's prophet, like someone else I know.
Ahhh ... my seemly goddess, you say the nicest things! :biggrin:

As to Zeph ... he slowly follows the path to decadence! And he will find me at the end!! :twisted:
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Madadeva wrote:I share the words of the Oracle!
Kholtanos wrote:Brethren have woven this world's grim fate,
Chosen to summon the death of ages,
Challenged the Ancient into new struggle,
Brought back the dead, seeking their Master.
I suggest you be cautious in interpreting your Oracle's words, Madadeva.

From what was shown to have happened, no Brethren had anything to do with any of those things happening. Study was done on the portal. Leviathan acted on his own. And the Midnight Armies were called forth by a Lich, not by any deity.

Of course, what may have occurred outside of all sight may justify your Oracle's words. But going by what has been shared, it seems he may be mistaken.
If those instances are even what he is referring to.

If your Oracle could misinterpret what occurred so erroneously, perhaps the course he outlines should be considered very carefully.

Return to “Pantheon”