Pantheon - The Third Age - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Madadeva wrote:the rules are simple ... we impinge on no deities domain. We do not judge goodness or evil

The same is true in Sunrise.
Madadeva wrote:only that we support each other in other in times of conflict
Here we differ.
We request the support and aid of each other, but never demand or make it a requirement of the Court that one do so.
Madadeva wrote:Sunset will accept all who apply with this plan in mind
I personally support Zephyr's idea as well, but until the Court convenes and votes regarding accepting new members, Sunrise's Master can not make such a blanket statement regarding accepting applicants. The Sunrise Court's power and judgment is paramount within Sunrise, not the Master's. Perhaps it is a difference those considering choosing one Court or the other should consider, if any are considering doing so.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

O-gon-cho wrote:
Perhaps [there] is a difference those considering choosing one Court or the other should consider, is any are considering doing so.
Or perhaps what you do is lack the will to lead! Perhaps you hide behind such courtly processes. While I do consult with the Court when needed and when large decisions are to be taken, they expect me to lead and not put everything to a vote. Perhaps it is this lack of leadership that silences your Oracle!!

Lastly, I lead by consent of the Court. If they believe a new leader is required, a vote can be called at any time. But while I am charged as Master I will lead!

Deities think on that as you chose!
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

As Bel would say, Peace, Madadeva.
I am not criticizing the way you choose to lead the Sunset Court. I am merely stating that Sunrise elected me Master specifically for the reason given: that I would always concede to the Court's decisions and not rush headlong in action for the Court.

Yes, very different than what I personally do.

But we have the same policy regarding choosing a Master.
Should any of the members of the Court decide this was a mistake, as I have been the only Master Sunrise has ever had up to this point, they are welcome to propose a new one and a vote will be taken.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Never let it be said that Desire and Decadence can't be gracious!

*bows with a florish* :biggrin:

Peace it is! [Hmmmm ... does that mean Bel will join me!?!! :lol: ]
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

For what I'm proposing, none of this matters. The only goal is stronger courts, with as close to equal power as we can manage. Simple math. If someone would rather be in one or the other, but the math would not work, then that one would join the other court. The only goal of all this is to generate power, and save Eiran.

When we save Eiran, anybody can stay, quit, or perhaps quit and join the other. And the two courts can try to gain over the other again. Thus upsetting the Balance, and possibly endangering Eiran. :D

Although, truth be told, I have not seen much in the line of hostilities between Sunset and Sunrise. Very interesting. Could be things have been happening in devious, hidden ways, I suppose. But the main fighting has been between me and the Eclipse Alliance (And don't think we didn't get a good laugh when they announced themselves! :lol: And don't think Calais and I didn't have some words when she joined them. :evil:), Bel and Rothmog, and uKulwa and O-gon-cho. In fact, I must commend the courts for not going after each other.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

I must say that Madadeva has been a good and just Master of Sunset Court and his invitation is well-intentioned.

Knowing Simjen's mind is the reason I nominated Zephyr for the Leader of this endeavour. However, it may be that Simjen is "the one" and like so many hero's before him, he does not wish for that honor.

Saving Eiran may be Simjen's destiny.

Destiny cannot be denied.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Ah, Arcadia, you bring up my wish for Anaya's guidance through all this. Indeed, this probably is Simjen's destiny. And it could be we all follow him, even if I am the mouthpiece. (And, to beat Madadeva to the punch, yes, being a mouthpiece seems somehow appropriate for a Bhakti. :haha:)
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

Zephyr, if it makes you feel better, think of it as you being the leader, and Simjen being the Champion.
Nothing rhymes with orange!
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

An interesting way of looking at it. But don't worry, I have no ego. I only want whoever will save Eiran to be in the proper place.
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

As long as he goes to stand in that proper place when you tell him so, everything is fine, eh?
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Don't tell him I said so, but he does what I say, and keeps his mouth shut!!
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

Q: What do you tell a smith with two black eyes?
A: Nothing, Zephyr told him twice already.
Simjen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Simjen »

What a pair you two make. To celebrate such camaraderie, I think I'll invent something... little sticks that burst into flame like your spontaneous wits, glowing just as warmly as the affection you share. I'll call them 'matches' and pass them out to adventurers on Shaldir and Enstorm.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

"matches..."

"matches..."

I don't think it's a very pleasant sounding name.
Mirificus Casus
Servant of the Land

Post by Mirificus Casus »

"Matches.

...Good for lighting campfires out of books and wood!"

Just kidding ;) . Though I may not be able to stop them from doing so... :cry:
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

If that's the worst thing that happens in the coming months, I'll count myself extremely lucky! :lol:
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Deities of Eiran, hear my plea!

My prophet Leviathan is fighting a monstrous creation of ages past. Mighty though he is, there is reason to believe Leviathan may not survive the struggle with this great Wyrm. This coming season I will be placing the entirety of my divine strength into healing and empowering my prophet so that he may overcome. I understand that in these dark times it is difficult to spare what little strength we possess, however should this Wyrm survive who knows what havoc he will cause upon Eiran.

I plead with you deities, to look within your domains and bless Leviathan with a portion of your majesty. If the power of the seas cannot hold this Wyrm at bay, then perhaps the combined power of the Pantheon will.

Stay strong, Brothers and Sisters.
“I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.”
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Dagon, you and Leviathan have been good friends. I certainly hope he survives.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

You will have Desire's assistance brother Dagon.
uKulwa
Giantfriend

Post by uKulwa »

Much as I decry your foolish actions in seeking out this monstrous creation, nonetheless for the sake of Erian, it may be that I may be able to offer some aid.
All Things Begin and End in Strife.
------------------------------------
Msasi Haogopi Mwiba.

The Hunter Does Not Fear Thorns

Return to “Pantheon”