Think on this, and be dismayed...

Book 1 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderator: dlbpharmd

Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

SerScot wrote:Solar,

I disagree. The Creator seems to be able to facilitate other's traveling from our universe into the universe of the Land. My impression is that if he touches the Land directly it will destroy the Arch of Time.
This is right, he can't personally reach into the world of the Land...[or even send someone, I don't think...he acquiesces to passage, but doesn't participate].
He can come to "ours" though...so, either he didn't make this one, OR he made it differently.
LF can already touch ours, though it seems it ain't easy...but if he were free of the Arch, [and not in a Jeremiah cage, or manacles, or whatever] I can easily see him being capable of entering ours, as Solar suggested.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Well, we're not sure if old Mr. Ochrerobes is indeed the Creator. He may be an agent. Or he may be (as I have always posited) an avatar (and we all know what that is now!).

During the Runes dissections, at several points there was some discussion that it seemed like the boundaries between universes were breaking down. And that Covenant's world might in fact be in some peril from Foul.

Think on that, and be dismayed!
ninjaboy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by ninjaboy »

lol - I just have to see your Avatar avatar to be dismayed!
Forgive my death.
It was my flesh that failed you, not my love.
DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

I think that LFs goal is to break free from the AoT in such a way as to not negate the existence of the Land, but with the assistance of Wild Magic, and in direct and metaphorical defiance of the Word that Created it.

If he does it that way, he would supplant the Creator and become the Creator himself. That's the worst that could happen, as he would gain ultimate control over the Land, and trade places with the Creator. Reversal of fortune, by turning the the Creator's work back upon himself using his own creation...

dw
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

ninjaboy wrote:Avatar avatar
(Someone noticed! I call it an avatartar. :))
Simanent
Woodhelvennin

Post by Simanent »

DukkhaWaynhim wrote:I think that LFs goal is to break free from the AoT in such a way as to not negate the existence of the Land, but with the assistance of Wild Magic, and in direct and metaphorical defiance of the Word that Created it.

If he does it that way, he would supplant the Creator and become the Creator himself. That's the worst that could happen, as he would gain ultimate control over the Land, and trade places with the Creator. Reversal of fortune, by turning the the Creator's work back upon himself using his own creation...

dw
How about, LF wants to swap places with the creator so the creator is trapped in the land? Would the creator be dismayed by that?
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

wayfriend wrote:
ninjaboy wrote:Avatar avatar
(Someone noticed! I call it an avatartar. :))
Ooohhh....sounds yummmmmmmy, even better than steaktartar.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.

Return to “The Runes of the Earth”