Darkwood--Darkness Rising

Moderator: Seven Words

Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus pretends to look ashamed, then turns to the others and, lowering his voice so that only those close to him can hear, "I managed to convince it not to attack us, though if we attack any more Slaadi, it will, and I also found out that it's planning to join the group to the south, like we wanted it to. As I see it, we have three options.
"I don't like the idea, but we can just leave without being attacked again. We can also go and focus on another group once its gone to the south.
"OR...
"We could pretend to be allies and walk over as it heads south, and then all attack it at once when it isn't prepared for such. If we did that, we might be able to kill it, but I still don't advise it."

[ooc]I can't see the map, it's heading to the group of all reds, and when I saw that on another computer, I think that was the south, but I don't know.[/ooc]
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"Once it engages to the south, we can help the western and northwestern groups before it could make its way over to attack us. I think we can help those elves escape before it gets to us."
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

"Aye. The group to the west is in the worst shape. Once it has moved, let's head there, then north and get out of here."

"Trying to take it by surprise would still end poorly."
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I look around for my horse, but it's gone. I'll come back later to look.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Skyseeker agrees..."To the west, then with their help we move to the north. May Tar-Anatha's embrace enfold those poor ones facing the reds ere they suffer overmuch" Agony is writ large upon her features, but the logic and necessity is unassailable. In trying to save all, death would be certain...yet still her heart bleeds.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led quickly goes to the body of the elf he eviscerated earlier. And, without touching his fungus-infected skin, he searches for what he hopes will be there.

[Hide check to not be seen doing this.]
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I'm not sure if it's safe to move west. So, I just stand there and wait for someone else to move.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

[While people are distracted and in the confusion of battle, Kali uses the terrain to start sneaking west. No overt moves until she has a clear picture of what is happening.]
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus turns on Detect Magic, and scans the battlefield, looking at the Slaadi and elves we have killed, and also looking for our horses.

If the horses are relatively nearby, that is, within 250 ft of the battles, he begins heading over to them.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

The horses are about 150' to the northeast.

Vynarkus starts jogging that direction.

As msot of the rest of you start heading west, the Death slaad is heading to the east, to assist the 4 red slaadi there.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

As he did not see anything important with his Detect Magic, Vynarkus stops focusing on it, and either runs to the horses in one round, or takes two rounds to do a pair of double-move actions to reach them, depending on how long it seems it will take the others to reach the next battle.

Once he reaches them, he begins to make them ready to go, and mounts up as soon as possible. At the same time, however, he watches the battles, and begins using his standard actions to attack the most wounded of the Slaadi currently under attack as soon as the rest of the party begins to attack. This means that he is only using move actions to prepare the horses.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I cast Shield on Marrik. (+4 deflection bonus to AC)

--DM edit--Shield has target of "You".
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Attaching the pin gingerly to the front of his robes, Led sprints 31 squares to the west [should put him on the edge of the map].
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Seeing the Death Slaad has moved towards the group of Red Slaad, Kalindriel breaks into a sprint heading directly for the Green in order to threaten his actions.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Verifying she had retrieved the four enhanced arrows against evil, having lost two against the Green slaad, Laurel runs due west towards group her party all seems to be moving to help.
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

With a quickly muttered prayer to Tar-anatha, Annalysei bursts out of the tree line, grasping her dire flail one-handed and casts Quickened Shocking Grasp. Her incantation complete, she grasps the flail with her other hand as she closes the rest of the distance between herself and the green slaad and strikes.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

new initiatives

Led--23
Green Slaad--19
Sigrid--18
Skyseeker--17
Vynarkus--17
Laurel--17
Marrik--16
Blue Slaadi--15
Annelysei--13
Kalindriel--9
CrushSpike--4

The Green Slaad casts a Fireball, carefully placed as to catch both elves, but not the blue slaadi, in the blast. The southernmost elf perishes in the conflagration! Both blue slaadi turn upon the other elf, and savagely rend him...his smoking body collapses.

Vynarkus unleashes his Eldritch Blast, but misses!

Annelysei dashes in, Dire Flail whirling, the energy of her spell a crackling counterpoint to the whirring of the chain links on her weapon, before the resounding CRUNCH triggers a thunderous ZZZZZAAAP, as her weapon trikes to great effect! (8 points from the weapon, and 15 of electricity blast through it's energy resistance!)

The Death Slaad incants, and waves its hands.....a Blue Slaad appears! It receives its instructions from the Death, and bounds off to the northeast!
Last edited by Seven Words on Sat May 29, 2010 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

[Harass the Green. Switch to Blue if it falls.]
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Assuming that the enemy of his enemy is, if not a friend, at least not a primary target, Led charges directly south to attack the green slaad.
  • First turn shifted.
    Declare dodge vs. Green slaad.
    Move four squares south.
    Charge / claw / claw.
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I cast Magic Missile at the green slaad.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”