Rush documentary out soon!

Who's listening to what, what's going on in the music industry....

Moderators: StevieG, dANdeLION, lucimay

Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Rush documentary out soon!

Post by Usivius »

It's due to hit shelves on DVD next week, but from what I see in the papers here in Toronto, is that the documentary of the legendary trio will have a one day showing only on June 10!
Woo hoo!
ANyone else have news about this?...
~...with a floating smile and a light blue sponge...~
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

You're talking about Beyond the Lighted Stage, right?
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Yes, I heard about it. Let's hope it's better than the two new songs they released yesterday. Those suck. And I love 21st century Rush.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

They sound like standard Rush fare to me. I hardly ever really like anything Rush does the first time I hear it. The last song I can remember loving outright the first time I heard it was "One Little Victory".
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

The DVD comes out next week? I knew it was showing in theaters, one-day-only, but there are none in my area showing it :(

I figured the DVD would be later. Can't wait to see this. I got tickets to see them in Kansas City and Tulsa this tour - never had a bad time at a Rush show :)
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Geddy's using amps again.......don't know if that means the rotisserie and dryers are out, but it probably does.
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

I just picked up the Blu-ray last night, watched the whole thing. If you're a fan of Rush, this is a must-buy. Truly a quality presentation of the band's entire career, with lots of old footage, interviews of the band, and tons of cameos from celebrity fans (mostly musicians).

If you're like me, none of this is new information, but it's entertaining nonetheless. And it's a great way to educate the kids (or wives, or casual fans) on this tragically underrated band. It's a fascinating story, too.

The one thing that bugs me is how many of their celebrity mega-fans can't pronounce, "Peart," correctly. Couldn't the documentarians correct them before putting this mistake to film? I know, it's a totally nerdy geek fanboy complaint, but shit, this is their official documentary!! They're just going to confuse the public.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Zarathustra wrote: celebrity mega-fans can't pronounce, "Peart,"
This seemed so implausible, it made me wonder if maybe I'M the idiot [I did mispronounce "ogle" and several other words for many years]

sooo....it rhymes with "hurt" right? Not with heart, or something even wierder like "peer" (t).
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Vraith wrote:
sooo....it rhymes with "hurt" right? Not with heart, or something even wierder like "peer" (t).
"Peer" (t) is the correct pronunciation. I'm bothered by the attitude of musicians when I correct them on this; they seem to think it's irrelevant. I'm probably oversensitive to it because most people mispronounce my last name, but whatever; at least I'm not wrong!
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

___ wrote:
Vraith wrote:
"Peer" (t) is the correct pronunciation. I'm bothered by the attitude of musicians when I correct them on this; they seem to think it's irrelevant. I'm probably oversensitive to it because most people mispronounce my last name, but whatever; at least I'm not wrong!
heh...well I'm not bothered , just embarassed...I've been listening to them since "Fly by Night" was a NEW album ['75 or 76 I bought it, just a kid!].
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

V, no need to be embarrassed. I mispronounced it for a while, too. But I'm not a famous person being interviewed in a documentary about my (supossedly) favorite band! :lol:

Also, Neil came off looking like a giant douche. I've always heard that he couldn't stand his fans, didn't do meets-and-greets like Geddy and Alex did, etc. But to hear that he won't even talk to other musician fans--he had his security throw out the bassist of another band who just wanted to say hi!--very shitty thing to do. Get over yourself, man. Being good at hitting things with sticks doesn't give you a license to be an asshole. :roll:

It makes me want to mispronounce his name on purpose. That'll show him. :twisted:
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Zarathustra wrote: It makes me want to mispronounce his name on purpose. That'll show him. :twisted:
LOL " Hey, Neil!, Z says :| :| "
I hate finding out stuff like that about artists I like [maybe that's why I've only been...hmmm..an "active" fan of SRD and Peter Gabriel.
Still, I'll certainly get this thing...all about the music with them, for me.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

LOL " Hey, Neil!, Z says "
:lol:

I'm probably his favorite kind of fan ... one of those who would rather not meet him. Sounds like he just wants to be left alone. I suppose I can understand that, on some level. He does say that any form of adulation just embarrasses him. So it could just be a misunderstanding on the part of fans who want to overstep the boundaries of the Gilded Cage, meet him on the inside rather than outside it. 8)

Return to “Vespers”