Darkwood--OOC commentary/discussion

Moderator: Seven Words

Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Also, Hi everyone! I'm Ellie! SAHM of 3. I'm still really new to D&D/Roleplaying games. I'm an avid video game geek, so I understand the WHY of D&D, just not the how yet. I'll be relying on Seven a lot to tell me what to do, but if anyone else has any suggestions, please don't hesitate to throw them my way.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Ok...

Seven. Was the experience from the first part of the battle enough to level up to 6, yet? If it was, I have to change my strategy.

Also, Welcome, Annalysei! I do have one question, however. How exactly did you channel that spell? The only classes I know to give channeling ability let you cast the spell as part of the attack.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Welcome Ellie. (I play Led Pighp.) Feel free to IM me at any of the addresses hopefully listed below for questions or just to chat. I'm generally online.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Thanks goatkiller/Led!

Vynarkus - I'm a duskblade, which is kind of like a warrior mage. I can channel a spell through my melee weapon...I think it's called arcane channeling, and it gives me regular damage and magic damage. She's pretty badass. :D
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Goatkiller666 wrote:Welcome Ellie. (I play Led Pighp.) Feel free to IM me at any of the addresses hopefully listed below for questions or just to chat. I'm generally online.
PS: Your name gave me fits until Seven told me how it was pronounced. Pighp. Hmph. I kept reading and going "pig-hup?" "pie-gup?" in my head.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

My little homage to Human Occupied Landfill.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Annalysei wrote:Vynarkus - I'm a duskblade, which is kind of like a warrior mage. I can channel a spell through my melee weapon...I think it's called arcane channeling, and it gives me regular damage and magic damage. She's pretty badass. :D
Hey, I agree with you completely there! My second ever character was a duskblade as well. The thing is, Arcane Channeling doesn't need a quickened spell, the spell is cast as part of the attack.

This is one example of how not having the book can cause underpowering. If you PM me your email, I can send the pdf of the book the class is actually from.

[ooc]Yes, this could have been a PM, but I chose to do it here so my Mom doesn't berate me for sounding as though I'm complaining about someone being too strong, as Seven did.[/ooc]
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Vyn, can you send me the PDF as well? I had to transcribe the few pages from my hard copy of the book for Annalysei to use. I'd love a soft copy.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Yeah, a PDF would be great. Also, many mad props to your Excel-fu. I asked for some kind of template to build my character sheet off of and Seven helpfully provided the one you built. It ended up being too complicated for me to use, but I couldn't help but admire the beauty of the thing. They would have loved to have you at the bank I worked years ago.

I really should get a D&D book, as I tend to learn better off of something held right in front of me I can make notes on versus something on a web page.

Also Goat - Thank you for typing up the character sheet I DO have. It really has helped quite a bit.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

A belated hello, Ellie.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Kalindriel Ec'urb wrote:A belated hello, Ellie.
Thanks! *wave*
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Kali's so mean. (And she stole the nickname 'Kali', too.)
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Mean? I've just been too busy to post much the past few days. :cry:

Alos you're jealous because I've got a cool nickname while Led can't shorten his. We could make something off his unpronouncable last name.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Welcome, Ellie!

Per Vyn above, while I play Laurel, I'm also his mom IRL.
I am glad to hear he is helping someone realize their character's potential, instead of complaining regarding them being overpowered. :hearts:

I have played several DandD campaigns here on the Watch now, but none have lasted much beyond third level or so, if even that. That is my only experience with DandD, so I feel as much a n00b as you. Seven, Goat, and Vyn have all been extremely helpful.
Goatkiller666 wrote:Kali's so mean. (And she stole the nickname 'Kali', too.)
Orly?
From where I am thinking it came from?
Or elsewhere that I know nothing about?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Menolly wrote:Orly?
From where I am thinking it came from?
Or elsewhere that I know nothing about?
It's short for Kalindriel. Duh, Barbie.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

pheh.
I meant, where would she have stolen the nickname "Kali" from, as you alluded above? Anywhere I might know?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Again I say, "Duh, Barbie."

You don't remember Khalida? But, now that Kalindriel is here, she will always have been Kali, and Khalida will be as forgotten by the rest of the Watch as she was by you.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Goatkiller666 wrote:Again I say, "Duh, Barbie."

You don't remember Khalida? But, now that Kalindriel is here, she will always have been Kali, and Khalida will be as forgotten by the rest of the Watch as she was by you.
I will admit that Khalida will probably be forgotten by others.
But never, ever by me... :hearts:
Khalida Mufarrij
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Khalida Mufarrij »

Menolly wrote:
Goatkiller666 wrote:Again I say, "Duh, Barbie."

I will admit that Khalida will probably be forgotten by others.
But never, ever by me... :hearts:

!اسكت أنت

tzarina will hear...
...you will find reasons to bring me out to play occasionally. I am buried too deeply within your soul for it to be otherwise. Image
Whispers in the dark,
intimately suggested.
Influence unfolds
…”

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Well hello there! Nice... nickname.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”