Okay, so you find yourself in the Land ...

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

KaosArcana

Okay, so you find yourself in the Land ...

Post by KaosArcana »

You don't have white gold. No one summoned you to save or damn
them ... you're just there 'cause some young Lord was trying out an
incantation or something ...

Question.

What and who would you want to see? What would you envision yourself
doing if you couldn't get back to this world? Would you become a Lord?
An Unfettered One? Maybe join the Warward and become John Doe,
Warmark of the Land?

Or do you chuck it all for the simple life of a cattleherder in Mithil
Stonedown? 8-)
Prince of Amber
<i>Elohim</i>

well thats got me thinking..,

Post by Prince of Amber »

Above all other characters in the Land I love the Giants most. I guess I'd build a ship (a few Harachai to help would be nice) and sail of in search of the Land Of The Giants :lol:
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I have just managed to gouge my way through The Wounded Land. At this point, I would want to meet up with Vain.

I would setup shop in Mithil Stonedown and use Vain as a backup for my Land version of the Mafia.

Of course, the Lord that summonsed me in the first place would have his job redefined - something more servant like would be appropriate.
arwenavery
Woodhelvennin

Post by arwenavery »

id definatly go and study in the loresraat , or the equivalent after the sunbane , and try and become a hirebrand ......but if i was to be really honest , id go straight to revelstone and work my ass off to become a lord!!!

if i was summoned to the land before the sunbane and i couldnt become a lord ,i might even go work with the ranhyn ..how cool would that be!!!
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

id live in mithil stonedown & learn more about the land & healing & gravellingas stuff, then id do some study @ the loresraat 2 b a lord of course. id also wanna spend time living in a woodhelven & on the plains of ra & and in seareach.

sum sui generis :P

variol son
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.

Post by Guest »

I'd spend the first couple years just being a tourist. Wouldn't miss the celebration of spring... 8O wander through Andelain... 8O meet the Giants at Seareach... 8O Revelwood... ummm... did my camera make it through with me???
There are so many beautiful wonderous things in the Land, I would have trouble putting down roots.

-chuckpro
danlo
Lord

The Westrons

Post by danlo »

I'd begin by hanging w/the Haruchai: bopping all over the Westrons w/the occasional visits 2 Revelstone and Throthguard--when I've mastered 60% of their fighting skills I MIGHT begin adventuring across The Land.
Last edited by danlo on Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
fall far and well Pilots!
Lauralin
Stonedownor

If I were in The Land

Post by Lauralin »

I'd probably either go and study at the Lorestratt, or live in a Woodhelven and make things. I wonder if there's a vocation for an Unfettered who talks to animals (rabbits, birds, ect.) and makes sculptures that look like they're alive? Probly not..... :roll:
Each man is worth exactly the value of that which he has seriously persued.
--Marcus Auralius
amanibhavam
The Gap Into Spam

Post by amanibhavam »

I'd love to arrive after TPTP and go searching for the Ranyhyn
------------------------------------------------------------------------
love is the shadow that ripens the wine

Languages of Middle-Earth community on Google Plus
Pink Floyd community on Google Plus
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I'd find a nice spot on the edge of Andelain and build a Waymeet for wandering foreigners with white gold rings and their pals....

Naw. Probably I'd study at the Loresraat, and then -- hmm. Become a Lord? Or do the Unfettered thing? (Lauralin, I think the Unfettered Ones got to pick any vocation they wanted, so if you want to talk to animals and make sculptures, go for it!) Maybe I'd just stay at the Loresraat and be a perpetual student. But I would really, really like to live in Andelain. I just don't want to have to do anything as drastic as Caer Caveral to get to do it....
Bannor
Giantfriend

Where would I be?

Post by Bannor »

Think I'd go to Revelstone. I have a couple of white gold rings, so I'd hold the fascination of all concerned (and surely be named High Lord in a short period of time).
"Do you have a wife?"
"At one time."
"What happened to her?"
"She has been dead."
"How long ago did she die?"
"Two thousand years."

If I found myself in the land

Post by Guest »

I would surely go to study at the loresrat and probably stay there, to delve the wards, and to be a teacher.

Pitchwife
Bannor
Giantfriend

A teacher??

Post by Bannor »

Well, Pitchwife, you've just earned my even greater respect. Being a teacher, I naturally admire anyone who would like to (or already is) one. I think there is no greater calling (Please, don't throw rocks at me; all jobs are worthy).
"Do you have a wife?"
"At one time."
"What happened to her?"
"She has been dead."
"How long ago did she die?"
"Two thousand years."
danlo
Lord

hey Lauralin

Post by danlo »

Isn't there an artform in The Land that's similar 2 creating sculpture that almost seem 2 come 2 life? Marrowmelding...is that it? I'd also like 2 attend a Weird of the Waynhim and hang w/my buds: the jheherrin.
fall far and well Pilots!
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Like many I would first travel the lengths and breadths of the Land .. particularly ensuring I spend time in Andelain ... the Celebration of Spring sounds like a good time to be there .. Then after I have seen the Land .. visited stonedowns and woodhelvins I would enter the Loresraat and study to become a Lord ..

I would really love to learn the Lore of the Lords and learn their discipline .. their fair mindedness .. and the respect of all the inhabitants for earthpower and the Land.

I would hope to meet Mhoram .. and Foamfollower .. and Bannor too! And enter Revelstone to live out the remainder of my days in the service of the Land.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
amanibhavam
The Gap Into Spam

Post by amanibhavam »

Revelstone would be my base

And I would visit Melenkurion Skyweir... ah. Earthroot. that must be a place to see...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
love is the shadow that ripens the wine

Languages of Middle-Earth community on Google Plus
Pink Floyd community on Google Plus
Tohrm
Ramen

Post by Tohrm »

I know that what I would want to do sounds rather mundane, but I would probably want to study at the loresraat long enough to ensure my survival in the land. That is if I even had any of the earthpower within me that could be honed to use. After that, I would want to travel through the land to set down all of the history of the land onto paper or whatever else was used. I know that they used paper for the wards, (all but the last ward were on paper), but it appeared that not too much was used elsewhere.
The dead are dead-only the living may hope to resist Despite
Coercri
Stonedownor

Post by Coercri »

Not Mundane at all!! That sounds like a wonderful idea! Maybe if there had been a more unalterable Historical Record Lord Foul & his servants wouldn't have been so sucessful twisting history. Not only that, what a wonderful excuse to travel the land & meet as many of it's people as possible. My hat's off to you :D

Myself I would definately want to explore the land & see as much as possible, I would especially like to visit Seareach & meet the Giants ~ but how to go about that?? I would probably begin at the Loresratt, learning as much as possible & hoping to find a talent that I could share with others. Of course in a perfect world that would be no problem & I would go on to become a Lord or Lorewarden ~ both sound very attractive & I believe that Tamarantha did both, I like that idea best ~ but one cannot always hope for so much.... After that I would just have to follow where fate & talent led me & hope that it would be far.

-Coercri
fightingmyinstincts
Giantfriend

That would be cool!

Post by fightingmyinstincts »

I would probably go to the Loresraat (LIVE IN A TREE!), become a lord, take the rites of Unfettering, maybe join a rhysh like Hamako, or maybe start a kresh rehabilitation program :lol:
"Well of course I understand. You live forever because your pure, sinless service is utterly and indomitably unballasted by any weight or dross of mere human weakness. Ah, the advantages of clean living."
TC to Bannor, LFB
Tohrm
Ramen

Post by Tohrm »

That would be interesting, the kresh were used to make a stew in TPTP. It would have been fun trying to turn them into herd animals. :lol:
The dead are dead-only the living may hope to resist Despite

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”